Sweet Encounter

Only sweets

 

 

Yena held her passport and boarding pass by her side while she waited in line for the checking in of her baggage. She was heading home for the summer after the end of semester at university.

 

After the long security checks, she wandered off to fix her caffeine needs and ordered her usual cup of black coffee at Starbucks.

 

She moved away from the cashier and stood at a corner while waiting for her order to be ready. Taking her phone out from her jeans pocket, she scrolled and checked for any updates on her little gadget.

 

“Yuri! Yena!”

 

The barista called out the names simultaneously as he placed the beverages onto the countertop.

 

2 identical cups were placed side by side on the high table. Before Yena could even get to it, a brunette with golden brown locks whom she assumed to be ‘Yuri’, stepped in front of her and took one of the cups, walking away briskly with a book under her arm after thanking the barista behind the counter.

 

Yena continued forward to collect her drink.

 

She lifted the styrofoam cup to her lips and began sipping on her supposedly black coffee.

 

Clearly what she was drinking was not what she ordered. Her eyes widened and her face grimaced in disgust and stuck out her tongue as sweet caramel taste overwhelmed her senses.

 

She quickly pulled the cup away from any further contamination of the sweetness and turned the cup around to confirm her suspicion.

 

YURI.

 

Written in black and bold font, the foreign name was staring mockingly back at her.

She frowned and scratched her head, groaning under her breath.

 

“What the…”

 

She tightened her grip on the coffee cup as she scanned the crowd for the brunette.

 

She bit her lip and tapped her foot against the carpeted flooring impatiently. Her eyes busily shifted and moved from a blonde teenager to a whole family of redheads then to an elderly on a wheelchair.

 

She huffed in frustration, almost to the point of giving up until her eyes landed on the very familiar petite back with gorgeous brown locks.

 

Yena immediately headed out towards the lady who was currently walking away with a book in her hand. The lady suddenly turned and sat down upon finding a free space in the lounge and placed Yena’s cup of coffee on the side table. Lifting an arm and tucking a few stray strands of hair behind her ear, the lady opened up her book and started flipping the pages.

 

This has allowed Yena to get a clearer view of this stranger. Yena in a breath of air when she managed to take a good look at the stranger at a closer distance. Her eyes gazed from the top to the bottom. To say that the lady was beautiful is an understatement. This Yuri was insanely cute and beautiful with the yellow flowery sundress that she was donned in.

 

The lady then reached out for the cup, successfully breaking Yena’s thoughts, and sipped its contents.

 

Yena waited and watched in slow motion as Yuri’s face grows from an angel to a dark grinch in just a few seconds. Yena bit the inside of her cheeks to prevent herself from laughing out loud in the airport.

 

Taking a couple of deep breaths and wiping the tears in her eyes, she quickly composed herself before advancing to the poor lady.

 

She took a clean sheet of napkin from her pocket and handed it out to the lady.

 

“I think you might need this. And...”

 

She held out the cup with the name Yuri in front of the girl and continued with a smile.

 

"This is yours, I suppose.”

 

The poor lady looked up from her seat with confusion while removing the remnants of the bitterness on her lips with the back of her hand. The bitter taste was obviously too much for the girl who favoured a cup of caramel macchiato.

 

First, she gasped then her eyes widened in surprise before blushing upon realising that it was her mistake. She stood quickly with the book slipping off her fingers while holding onto the cup of black coffee.

 

Cute.

 

Yena beamed at the cuteness of this tiny human.

 

“Oh my god...oh my god! I’m so sorry...”

 

Yena bit her lip to resist smiling after hearing this cute flood of Busan accent.

 

The lady seemed to be flustered and began turning the cup around, trying to search for the name of this blonde stranger.

 

“Yena...? Is that right...?”

 

Yena burst into a grin at the adorable sight in front of her and scratched the back of her neck before deciding to put out her hand, introducing herself to this lovely young lady.

 

“Yena. Choi Yena.”

 

A hand slowly reached out for hers, engulfing her palm gently.

 

“Yuri. I’m Jo Yuri...so black coffee is your thing?”

 

Yuri smiled sweetly as she shook Yena’s hand. Yena laughed and nodded.

 

“Whatever helps to keep me awake, Cutie.”

 

Yuri’s smile widened at the sound of the endearment.

 

And they say too much caffeine is bad for you.

 

Yena shook her head and chuckled silently at that thought.