Chapter 5

The Sound of Disaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongguk, Mark, and Bambam left the restaurant and started walking around when Jeongguk asked, "So, do you guys want to have a sleepover at my house?"

"Sure, we've got no classes tomorrow since it's Friday, it'd be fun to have a sleepover since it's been a while," Bambam said as Mark nodded.

"Let us just go home to grab our things and inform our parents," Mark said.

"Ok then, do you want me to go with you guys?" Jeongguk asked.

"Nah, we'll just head to your house after we're done at home, I should be there in an hour," Mark said.

"Yea same for me, so see you guys then," Bambam said and then the three went their separate ways only to later reunite at Jeongguk’s house.

Mark, Bambam, and Jeongguk had been in Jeongguk's house for a while already and were talking and stuff. "I still can't believe you did that!" Jeongguk said to Bambam after what he told him. "So, what should we do right now?" He asked next.

"Well we could grab some popcorn and watch anime like we usually do... Or we could make up a new game orrr we could tell ghost stories and scare kookie," Bambam said with a devious smile while Mark laughed at the expression Jeongguk was making.

"ANIME PLEASE!" Jeongguk almost shouted scared out of his life for the ghost stories. "Or literally anything other than scary stuff" he shuddered.

Mark and Bambam burst out laughing. "Ok, ok; I'm cool with watching anime too, what should we watch thought?

Jeongguk shrugged and said "I don't know... we watched so many already that I can't remember one we didn't watch yet..." he got out his phone and started looking for animes to watch.

After a bit they found an anime called Lovely Complex they all thought would be fun to watch. As they watched they commented on certain things that happened and began trying to guess the plot

"Oh my god, it's so obvious that she likes him already!" Jeongguk commented on one of the scenes. "And, they make a cute couple!" He finished

"I know! Who cares if she's taller? They are perfect for each other! Stupid society!" Mark yells in agreement. "Agh this is why I'm going to use my money to make a change once I inherit my dad's company!" Bambam states giving the screen a glare

"Wait, I bet you he is gonna fall for the blonde girl and something weird will be revealed about her!" Jeongguk said while putting a 20€ bill on the table.

Bambam raised his eyebrow and pulled out his money as well to match Jeongguk 's bet while Mark shook his head at them but also pulled out 20€.

"Haha! Told ya!" Jeongguk said as he saw the girl revealing she was a guy. "Though, I never thought this would be the weird thing..." he shuddered.

"Yeah, I don't think that was very original since so many anime do that now, but maybe for its time it was?" Mark commented as Bambam sighed. "I don't see why it's a big deal he's a guy though. It's not weird just awkward cause the main character is straight," Bambam said.

"Yeah, I agree but I think that the actual problem is the reaction they had and the similarity of the boy to a girl," Jeongguk said. "I'm bored" he stated while blowing on air.

"Then what should we do instead?" Bambam asked as he too was bored. Mark just paused the episode and waited for the others to come up with ideas

"I don't know..." Jeongguk said and thought for a second "EATING CONTEST!!" he and Bambam shouted exactly at the same time and then high five.

Mark shook his head but agreed. "Shall we go out to an all-you-can-eat restaurant or stay home and look for snacks?" Mark asked looking particularly at Bambam since he'd be the one to most likely decide in this case.

“Resturant!” Bambam replied and so the trio went out to an all-you-can-eat place and the competition began. Jungkook and Bambam looked at each other because both of them knew the only real competition was each other. And they always ended up with a draw, so it was kind of annoying. But this time, eventually Bambam won causing him to cheer happily while Jeongguk groaned in defeat promising he'd win next time.

They returned home and played around a bit more but eventually fell asleep. It was way past midnight when Jeongguk got up and felt a slight ache in the same places as last time. Before he could do anything, he started to change shape again, turning into a wolf. Unconsciously he walked out of the room through the window and followed the same path as last time, but quieter this time. He was disappointed as he saw the window, closed this time. Not thinking, the wolf made its way to the door and started scratching it hoping someone would open it for him.

Jimin was in the living room watching a TV show with a sleeping Taehyung resting beside him, the younger's head in his lap. He was stoking Taehyung's hair, his eyes glued to the screen when he heard faint scratching noises at his door along with what sounded like a dog whining. Carefully Jimin removed Taehyung's head from his lap and replaced himself with a pillow. He pulled the blankets up to cover the younger more snugly and then curiously headed towards the door to open it. He was surprised when he was met with the sight of the same wolf as yesterday.

When the door was opened, Jeongguk looked at the person's face. When he was sure it was Jimin, he jumped on him and started his face, but stopped because of the complaints that were coming from the guy underneath him. He walked into the house and obediently sat down like a small puppy being ordered by its owner while wagging his tail.

Jimin gazed at the wolf that was now inside and sitting in front of him near the front door. He had been startled when the wolf jumped on him and then became a little flustered with all the . Now he didn't know what he was feeling. Fear? Apprehensive? Confused? Maybe a mix of all of that. Wolves and vampires weren't friendly with one another at first meeting and Jimin still didn't know who this wolf was. But he never felt like the wolf would attack him so he relaxed a little. It confused him so much to see this wolf so comfortable around him. After a moment he tentatively reached out a hand and started petting the side of the wolf's snout just below his ear.

The wolf leaned more towards the touch and started wiggling his tail more to express his happiness and also let out an appreciative 'ruf'.

Hearing the happy noise that came from the wolf Jimin giggled but then pressed a finger to his lip when the wolf was getting a little too noisy. "You can't be too loud, I have a friend over who's sleeping," Jimin said softly as he continued to pet the wolf, with both hands now. "But really... What are you doing here? I've never seen you around... And you smell like a pup..." Jimin mused mostly to himself

The wolf tilted his head to the side and tried to answer but it only came out as another 'ruf'. So he tried to use his paws to explain what he knew, though it wasn't much. He ended up looking funny and falling from lack of support to stand, seeing his tail and chasing after it in the process.

Jimin laughed again at how playful and puppy-like the wolf was. It was cute and he couldn't help but relax more and smile fondly. At least until he heard a stifled groan and then the footsteps of Taehyung coming towards him. "Jiminieee my head hurts!" Taehyung whined as he rubbed his eyes. When the younger noticed the wolf, he stopped in his tracks and then pinched himself. "I-I must be dreaming," Taehyung said trying to wake himself up with a slap to his face

The wolf heard the new voice and his ears perked up. Seconds later, he was in a defensive/attacking stance in front of Jimin, growling at Taehyung, not knowing he was Jimin's friend.

"Wow, no puppy! Don't attack him! He's my friend!" Jimin said feeling panicked. In an effort to make sure the wolf wouldn't attack Taehyung, Jimin wrapped his arms around the wolf's neck but didn't hold tightly enough to cut off airflow.

The wolf calmed down a bit, relaxing in Jimin's embrace but still glared a bit at Taehyung not trusting him so much. He Jimin's face in hopes of 'Mark his territory' in front of Taehyung so he would know Jimin was his.

Jimin giggled again feeling slightly ticklish from the . He was very relieved that the wolf didn't attack his best friend. Taehyung stared at the scene in bafflement. "Jimin...is this... Is this the wolf that you were talking about?" Taehyung asked with a puzzled look and backed away slightly at the menacing look the wolf gave him.

The wolf looked at Jimin with a look that somehow seemed as if he was saying 'You told him?!' But then went back to nuzzling Jimin and him.

Jimin moved his face away and released the wolf once the got to be too much for him. He nodded towards Taehyung. "Yeah... This is him. But he isn't attacking me so I don't think he means any harm. But I do wonder why he keeps coming back," Jimin said still petting the pretty wolf.

The wolf sat down obediently though a bit sad. He looked as if he was sulking. His tail stopped wiggling and he just stayed put. He felt rejected after Jimin pushed him away

Jimin noticed the wolf wasn't wagging his tail anymore and felt bad. He attempted another hug and cuddled into the wolf's side to get the wolf to be happy again. Meanwhile, Taehyung just watched for a moment. "Hmm," Taehyung hummed and then cautiously stepped closer.

The wolf wiggled his tail again and jumped onto Jimin's lap happy, but not his as much, having learned from his past experiences that Jimin didn't like .

Jimin groaned but adjusted quickly to the werewolf's weight. Being a vampire meant he had more strength than the average person after all. Taehyung walked cautiously until he was in front of the wolf and Jimin. "Please don't bite me," Taehyung said as he cautiously reached out to see if he could pet the wolf.

The wolf growled a bit but didn't do anything else on Jimin's command, yet he didn't lean into Taehyung's touch looking like an angry puppy that couldn't bite anyone and just had to look and act cute.

Jimin couldn't help the smile on his face the wolf looked so cute and for some reason a little familiar with the way it was acting but he couldn't place it. Taehyung slowly grew confident and started to pet the wolf all over cooing over the soft fur.

The wolf growled a bit louder signaling Taehyung to stop. He looked out the window, at the sky and noticed it was almost daytime. So he ran out the still-open door and ran until he got to his own house and into his bed. Transforming back to his human self, he reminds himself to ask his brother for help with the werewolf thing when he wakes up.

"He always leaves before the sun comes up," Jimin sighed, getting back up and rubbing his hair while looking at Taehyung who hummed.

"He sure has unique eyes," Taehyung said and Jimin nodded in agreement.

"Maybe we should talk to Joonie about this?" Jimin asked and Taehyung shrugged.

Jeongguk woke up and looked at the clock on his bedside table. "noon," he said shocked to no one in particular, looking to his sides and not seeing Bambam and Mark sleeping on their made-up beds. He went to the living room seeing them watching a TV show and eating... toast.

"Morning Kookie, you slept so long!" Bambam complained as he took another bite of his toast that was buttery and delicious. "Yea! You're older brother made food for us though, it's good too, have some!" Mark said.

Jeongguk just nodded and ate one of the toasts, waking over to the kitchen right after to look for his brother. Luckily he was there so he said "Hey, Junghyung can I ask you some questions about the... you know... werewolf thing" he whispered the last part.

Junghyun motioned him closer and nodded, awaiting the questions.

Jeongguk looked at his brother and asked "So, when I wake up I'm always extremely tired do you know why?" He had been quite tired this morning, but it wasn't because of almost not sleeping. It was almost like he had run the whole night non-stop.

"Ah... well you see," Junghyung paused thinking about how he'd explain this to the younger. "You're a special case Jeongguk. I've never really seen a wolf like you but... well you need to find your mate soon or things will get difficult for you, and so at night, your wolf goes to visit your mate to make sure you keep living till you find him in your human form. So that's why you're tired, every night you're running to your mate and then running back home."

Jeongguk is shocked at the information. He runs to and from his mate's house EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! "But, how does it know who my mate is? And where does he live?" Jeongguk asked confused as to how his wolf knew all of that.

"Your wolf has an astounding sense of smell like most wolves, he can sniff out your mate’s scent without any difficulty allowing him to find your mate anywhere," Junghyung explained.

Jeongguk nodded in understanding. "Oh and by the way, what does it mean to have golden and kinda silver eyes?" He asked. The first time he transformed he remembered his eyes changing colour but he didn't know what they meant.

"Gold means you're blessed, usually it's a sign that angels protect you. As for silver that is related to wealth whether that be physical or psychological we have yet to figure out." Junghyung answered.

"Wow! That's so cool!" Jeongguk commented. "And does everyone have the same colors? Or are there several others with different meanings? And if it's the second what are they and what do they mean?" He asked excitedly.

Junghyung laug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter