Chapter 4

The Sound of Disaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook walked home with Bambam and Mark, and when he reached his house he parted ways from his two friends. He walked up the stairs and into his house greeting his parents who were both working on dinner together. They greeted him back asking about school and the program. Jungkook enthusiastically talked about Jimin and the program details making his obvious excitement all the more apparent.

After a bit, Jungkook went up to his room. He had started to feel weird as he changed out of his school uniform into more comfortable clothing. He couldn't pinpoint why he felt weird or what it was that was weird, but just knew something was weird. He brushed off the strange feeling and got to work on his homework until he was called downstairs for dinner.

He walked down the stairs and met with his parents and brother. Even if it was still 6 pm they liked to have dinner early, while the sun was still up. He sat down and looked at his plate of food. He was feeling rather nauseous. "Junghyun, I'm not feeling too good." He said to his brother before feeling something coming from his stomach to his mouth. He quickly made his way to the bathroom and vomited basically everything he ate that day. Junghyun approached him and rubbed his back while consoling him.

Junghyun wondered what was going on with his little brother but assumed the younger was throwing up because of something he ate. "It's going to be alright Jungkookie, you probably just ate something bad at lunch or something." The elder stayed with Jungkook until the younger was done heaving. Jungkook still looked sick, in his opinion, but at least he wasn't throwing up anymore. "Feeling a little better?" Junghyun asked.

Jungkook nodded and said "Yeah, I'm a bit better. I'll go to my room to rest for a while. It might just be that," he answered while giving a goodnight hug to his brother. Once Jungkook got to his room he looked out the window. 'What a beautiful sunset!' He thought while he closed his eyes for a while. But his peace didn't last long because a few minutes later he felt an excruciating pain in his back and mouth and literally everywhere! But mainly those two.

He looked out the window and saw a beautiful full moon shining outside, but right after he saw it the pain got worse. He ran to his bedroom's bathroom and looked for medicine but there was nothing. He looked at himself in the mirror. His eyes no longer had the familiar brown hue to it. They were now silver, with specks of gold.

Jungkook was scared, he didn't know what was happening. And it certainly wasn't puberty! The pain kept increasing every second, becoming so excruciating, to the point where he thought he might die because of it. Being in so much pain made him fall to the floor, which made a loud thud alerting Junghyun. Junghyun quickly ran upstairs fearing for his little brother, not knowing he had unleashed the curse.

Once inside the bathroom, all Junghyun needed had been to take one look at Jungkook's eyes and understood what was going on. He knelt to the floor and helped his younger brother sit up and with a stern face began speaking. "Listen Jungkook, I know you're in pain and I know you're feeling like you're going to die. But trust me, you're going to be ok, you're going to get through this."

He could tell from the pained look on Jungkook's face that the younger didn't believe him but he continued anyway. "I know this sounds impossible but I know what's going on. What's happening to you happened to me too when I was about your age." The imploring eyes of his younger brother propelled him to keep speaking.

"You're going through a transformation. You see, our family is a little special. We've all got this 'gift' that some would call a curse... anyway, it activates the moment we meet our soulmate but we don't feel the effects till much later sometimes even days later. What you're going through right now is normal. This all just means you've met your soulmate and are becoming what you truly are... and this is going to sound insane but I promise it's the truth. You're becoming a werewolf just like me and our parents."

Jungkook looked at his brother like he was crazy but a moment later the pain intensified in his mouth zone, huge teeth beginning to show. Then the same happened with his back, but instead of growing, he felt his bones cracking, one by one, forming a different shape. Jungkook shouted for his life while all of this happened. In the beginning, he didn't want to believe his brother but with all that happened at that moment, he couldn't even deny it. His family was made out of werewolves.

After the bones took shape, he started growing fur. Silver fur appeared in his skin, growing fast and just like that, where moments earlier, was standing an ordinary 18-year-old boy, was now standing a beautiful, silver furred, and silver/gold eyed wolf. Junghyun looked at Jungkook's eyes and noticed the unusual color, thinking about what it could mean.

Junghyun had never seen any werewolf with eyes that had two different colored eyes and wondered if maybe something had gone wrong with Jungkook's transformation.

He sure hoped not because if anything had gone wrong, Jungkook wouldn't survive for long without his mate, and they had yet to figure out who that was. "Jungkook, you ok? Are you still in pain?" The wolf shook his head no and nuzzled his brother. Werewolves were usually violent to everyone but not their own blood because they considered the blood as an unbreakable bond that will forever connect them. The only other being with which they weren't violent to was their mate, but of course, Jungkook didn't know it.

Jungkook looked out the window and felt something calling him. Like a voice, calm yet demanding. He got up and jumped out through the window to follow it. Junghyun didn't stop it though, knowing he would be back by morning, safe and sound, because of his instincts. So, he went to bed.

Meanwhile, at the same time, Jimin was at home finishing up some assignments for classes when he felt a shiver run down his spine. He didn't know why he suddenly felt this weird calling in his bones. He felt like something was missing like he was supposed to be with someone at the moment but he had no idea who. He'd never felt like this before, not once in his 69 years of life. It was an odd sensation that he had no idea what to do with.

He glanced out his window towards the full moon wondering what was happening and where this pull was coming from. While looking at the moon he heard distant howling, it didn't take him more than a second to discern that it was a werewolf's howl rather than a normal wolf. "Guess we've got a new creature of the night joining our world," Jimin mumbled to himself.

He was sure the howl was from a newly turned wolf because most of the werewolves knew better than to howl in the city; they'd usually go deep into the woods near the outskirts of the city before howling.

Jungkook ran towards the city and howled once he felt the voice getting stronger than ever. At this point he started smelling an entrancing smell, it's like it was designed to attract Jungkook and Jungkook only. He ran towards it finding a house. He went up to the window, which was slightly opened and got in. He kept following the voice and the scent, driving him crazy from the closeness at this point.

He went into what seemed like a bedroom and followed the scent and the voice until he saw the person he least expected. He saw Jimin, looking ethereal as he always did. Without thinking, not that he could since werewolves can't think very well when on their wolf form, he jumped in front of Jimin and touched noses with him. But before he could do anything else, he saw the moon was already setting and the sun starting to appear so he ran as quickly as possible until he reached his house where he went to his bed.

Jimin heard the floorboards of his house creek which startled him awake; no one should be there. Alarmed he sat up in bed and turned to face his open bedroom door only to see a giant silver with patches of black werewolf rushing towards him a second later. Startled, Jimin flinched back just as the creature rubbed noses with him. But before Jimin could react in any way, the werewolf was already running back out of his room. Jimin followed only to see the creature squeeze out through his open window which he'd obviously forgotten to close.

When Jungkook sat on his bed, it seemed as if it was perfect timing since the moon fully set, and therefore he turned into a human again, this transformation not being as painful as the previous one. He then fell asleep, finally able to rest.

After the encounter with the werewolf, Jimin closed and locked his window with a sigh. He was more than a little confused by the strange events that had just happened. Why had a werewolf shown up all of a sudden? Furthermore, why hadn't the werewolf attacked him? Usually, their species didn't really get along, they tolerated each other sure, but if a werewolf knew you were a vampire they'd steer clear. The same was true for most vampires. But then again, the werewolf probably didn't know Jimin was a vampire, but the werewolf should have at least guessed he wasn't another werewolf because Jimin was bound to be scentless.

Sighing to himself, Jimin scurried back to bed deciding he needed sleep and could think more tomorrow. As he drifted off, he started having a vision. He saw the werewolf again and he saw himself, the werewolf had him pinned to the ground and there was a look in its eyes. Jimin could see himself struggling to get away but at the same time sensed he didn't want to. The werewolf growled at him and then spoke "mate" before leaning in to mark him. That stilled him, werewolves didn't speak in their wolf form. Jimin awoke with a start, heart pounding in his chest.

The next morning Jungkook woke up to the sound of his alarm clock. But the strange thing was he didn't remember most of what happened last night! The last thing he remembered was his brother telling him he was a werewolf. He got up and got ready for school. On his way to the door, he found his brother, who asked him "Hey, are you feeling better?" Jungkook nodded and answered, "Yes, I'll be going to school now." While he opened the door and headed out. When he got there Mark and Bambam were already there. He greeted them and they talked for a while

Jimin hadn't been able to sleep after that weird vision. Even after so many years, Jimin still couldn't really decipher his visions. All he knew was the event he saw would eventually happen in some way even if not exactly like that. He glanced over at his clock and saw it was time for him to head to his mentee’s school. With a tired groan, he got out of bed and got ready. He then drove to pick up Taehyung from the on-campus dorms and then the two went to the high school where they met up with Namjoon.

Bambam and Jungkook were talking about some movie they loved while Mark was trying to decipher what happened to Jungkook. Yes, he was still the same person but he started giving off a different vibe like he's not human anymore and Mark is worried about that. Five minutes later they finally found their mentors. They greeted them normally and Mark felt another different kind of vibe. One that's very hard to find most of the time, the mate vibe.

It's as if he's surrounded by people and their mates! Where is it coming from? He asked himself doubtfully. It's already a difficult bond to have and especially this strong! It could only come from a very strong bond. Mark snapped out of his thoughts by the bell going off signaling that it was time for their first class. So he asked the mentors "Hey, are you guys gonna attend our classes with us or just the breaks and stuff?"

"We're supposed to attend classes with you so that we have an idea of what you guys are used to so we can make suggestions on how to adjust to college," Namjoon said. "Yea, so lead the way to your class!" Taehyung exclaimed gesturing for them to go. Jimin remained silent but smiled at Jungkook to show he was ready to follow the younger.

The younger ones looked at their schedules and saw they had Arts next so, they led the older ones to their art classroom.

"Welcome to my favorite class!" Jungkook said. "Welcome to my least favorite class!" Mark and Bambam said trying to imitate Jungkook’s way of saying it. Each one of them went to their respective place that now had another seat beside it because of the mentors. Jungkook sat on his chair while patting the one beside him so Jimin would sit over there. Jungkook couldn't explain it but he started feeling something weird when Jimin was close to him. "So, Jimin hyung, do you like arts?" He asked.

Jimin sat down and nodded. "Yea, it's one of my favorite things in life. I would have majored in it to if I wasn't so passionate about other things," Jimin said with a smile leaving out the fact he actually already had an art degree that he'd gotten about 20 years ago

"Oh, cool!" Jungkook said. "But what did you major in then?" He asked curious about the elder's answer.

"Dance," Jimin answered. Over the last decade, Jimin had gotten obsessed with the contemporary style of dancing so he decided to get another degree in dance.

"What are you thinking of majoring in Jungkook?" Jimin asked the younger

"Wow! You must dance beautifully! I'd like to see you dance sometimes." Jungkook commented "And I'm thinking of majoring in arts" he answered.

Jimin smiled at the younger.

"Maybe you will see me dance someday." He then glanced down at the drawings Jungkook had out and said, "Well with drawing skills like that, I'm sure you'll be a wonderful addition to our art program." Jungkook blushed because of the compliment and thanked him. He never had this reaction when someone complimented him. After two more minutes, the teacher arrived and told them they would be drawing their mentor this class and for those who didn’t have a mentor, they would draw one of their friends.

Jungkook nodded to himself and started drawing right away telling Jimin to sit still and to not peek. He painted it and finished it and gave it to Jimin so he could see what he thought about it. Jimin sat still as Jungkook drew, eventually Jimin began getting lost in his thoughts thinking about the wolf and his vision. The questions kept piling up and he really wanted to talk to someone about it. He considered telling Taehyung and he probably would talk to the younger when they had a spare moment.

Jimin was eventually pulled out of his thoughts when Jungkook finished the drawing and showed it to him. "Wow..." Jimin was speechless for a second, "This looks amazing Kookie, you made me look a thousand times more handsome then I am in real life." Jungkook shocked shook his head no "NO IT DOESN'T!" he practically screamed making a few faces turn to him. He apologized and said a bit more calmly to Jimin "If something, it doesn't show all of your beauty!" Once he realized what he said, he blushed and covered his mouth acting cute.

Jimin was stunned for a moment before a soft smile spread over his face and he giggled. "Thanks, Jungkook, that's really sweet of you to say," Jimin said as he reached out and ruffled Jungkook's hair. "But your drawing really is wonderful, you're so talented, I look forward to seeing more works from you."

Jungkook blushed harder and at that moment the bell ringed for the 15-minute break between classes. They both got up and waited outside of the classroom to meet their group. Seconds later, Mark, Bambam, Namjoon, and Taehyung came through the door and they started walking through the corridors while making small talk. Once they passed a bathroom, Jungkook, Mark, Bambam, and Namjoon excused themselves giving Jimin the perfect opportunity to talk to Taehyung.

"Hey, Tae?" Jimin called out to his best friend who hummed in response indicating he was listening. "Something strange happened last night," Jimin began and Taehyung looked towards him with a raised eyebrow. "What happened?" The younger asked. "Well... I left a window open and forgot about it so someone came to pay me a visit." "Who?" Taehyung asked. "I don't know, they were in their wolf form... I don't even know if I know them."

"Wait, what? Did they know you were a vampire? Are you ok?" "I'm fine, they just rubbed nose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter