chapter 4

Mrs. & Mrs. Kang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For Seulgi, married life was… weird.

Weird in a sense that it wasn’t like she was expecting. She was still Seulgi, and she still did everything she was doing before the marriage. The only thing that changed was now in her 50 million won penthouse, she has a roommate… who is her also wife.

Apparently, said wife also likes to sleep in her underwear.

On the first night it happened, it was safe to say that Seulgi could never forget it.

Who in their right mind would forget the sight of Park Sooyoung, model extraordinaire, in lacy red underwear?

Definitely not Seulgi.

Seulgi, innocent and respectful Seulgi, felt panic take over her still groggy body and flailed aimlessly. She fell on the floor, cursing herself for her clumsiness. The noise successfully woke up the sleeping beauty beside her, who then peeked at Seulgi. At the sight of the sleepy Sooyoung, graced with the forgiving sunlight that somehow enhanced her beauty, Seulgi felt her heart skip a beat.

She’s so beautiful.

And somehow, her friend agrees with her.

“Seulgi-ssi?”

“G-Good morning!” Seulgi yelled, cringing at the way she stuttered. Her heart raced in nervousness, hoping the younger woman couldn’t see it. “I-I’m sorry. Did I wake you up?”

“With the way you fell and shouted? Yeah.” Joy laughed. Thankfully, she didn’t seem to notice Seulgi’s current dilemma. The young woman yawned as she stretched her body, and Seulgi can’t tear her gaze from the sight. She felt her cheeks blush, her heart racing.

Stop acting like a young, hormonal alpha. She wanted to slap herself but she still can’t look away. Get a grip, Kang Seulgi!

“See something you like?”

Flustered and embarrassed, Seulgi looked away. She saw Sooyoung smirking at the corner of her eye, and, if it was even possible, the alpha blushed even harder. She stood up and immediately walked towards her emergency stash of shirts (in case she was too tired to go to her walk-in closest), and pulled out the shirt on top. She threw it towards Sooyoung, covering her eyes.

“Please wear that,” she said. She was amazed at the fact that she didn’t stutter. “It’s cold.”

“Are you sure it’s because of the cold, Seulgi-ssi?” A pause, then a giggle. Even without looking at her, she knew that the omega was smirking. 

“Yes.”

“Okay then.”

Seulgi stilled, listening to the rustling sheets. She could faintly pick up the scent of honey in the room. A deeper blush crept to her cheeks and she shifted her legs uneasily, trying to clear the traces of the alluring scent lingering in her mind.

“You can open your eyes now, Seulgi-ssi.”

Seulgi cautiously lowered her hand and peeked. Joy still wasn’t wearing the shirt.

“Joy-ssi!”

 

 

Shortly after Seulgi embarrassed herself in front of the young omega, she excused herself to take a bath. Her morning schedule was vacant, courtesy of her secretary who wanted her to have a good rest considering how busy the previous days were. It allowed her to wake up late, take a decent bath, and have a breakfast that wasn’t ordered for the first time in quite a long time. Seulgi enjoyed the escape from her hectic work schedule.

Still, no matter how cold the water was, Seulgi couldn’t entirely erase the image of Joy in her lacy underwear. It wasn’t like it was the first time she saw someone wearing only that. And no, Seulgi is not frustrated. She had a decent record of one night stands, and even if it has been a long time since she had any ual encounter, it didn’t mean that Seulgi is frustrated.

No matter how hard she tried to convince herself, her friend seemed to disagree.

“Seulgi-ssi!” Joy’s muffled voice from outside the bathroom snapped her out from her reverie. She turned off the shower to hear the younger woman’s voice clearer. “How do you like your coffee?”

“Three creams and two sugars please.”

“Okay!”

Seulgi heard footsteps going away from the bathroom door, and she sighed. She decided that it was time to face the omega, who is hopefully wearing a shirt now. She stepped out of the shower and wore the soft bathrobe she prepared.

Joy was nowhere around her bedroom anymore. Seulgi felt relief wash over her, and she didn’t even know why she was so relieved.

What’s wrong with me today?

Even after a cold shower and lots of self-reflecting, Seulgi still couldn’t get herself together. Maybe she didn’t sleep well. Maybe yesterday’s event exhausted her too much. Maybe she was tired, that’s all.

(It wasn’t because of a pretty woman in y underwear and the scent of honey. Definitely not.)

She’s an adult. She can do this. Maybe.

Seulgi took her glasses resting in the nightstand and walked out, still in her robe, and with a towel wrapping her hair. She spotted Joy sitting in one of the stools beside the counter, eating in a bowl of what looked like salad. Seulgi caught a whiff of freshly cooked breakfast and coffee in the air, making her stomach grumble.

“Seulgi-ssi, I…” Joy paused when she looked at Seulgi. Seulgi, not knowing what to do, gave a small awkward smile as she at a stool a little farther away from the younger woman. Joy cleared as if snapping out of her daze and continued, “I don’t really cook a lot so I cooked what I can. I hope you’re okay with it.”

On the plate before her was a happy smile made of slices of bacon, eggs, and ketchup. The eggs were its eyes, bacon as its smile, and the ketchup looked like tiny blushes. Seulgi couldn’t help but smile at the plate, her heart melting.

“It’s cute,” she said timidly. “Thank you.”

Joy smiled and Seulgi’s heart did a little thing. “You’re welcome, Seulgi-ssi.”

They both ate in silence. Seulgi was chomping cheerfully at the food, relishing in the feeling of eating home-cooked breakfast. There was a strange, but not unwelcomed, feeling brewing in her chest. Joy, on the other hand, was eating her salad with a reserved smile, eyes carefully observing Seulgi.

A few minutes passed, and Joy was the first to speak. “I didn’t know you wear glasses.”

Seulgi paused, a piece of half-eaten bacon halfway to . She shyly pushed back her glasses with her free hand. "I actually have bad eyesight,” she confessed. “I wear glasses at home and wear contacts at work. Jisoo… um, she’s my secretary, she told me I don’t look professional with my glasses on so I decided to stick with contacts.”

“She’s right,” the omega mused with an amused smile. “You’re too adorable with those glasses on.”

“Wha—“ Seulgi choked on the egg she was eating. Joy passed on the orange juice she prepared, her smile a tiny bit apologetic. Seulgi simply stared at her as she downed the juice. When she finished, the first thing she said was, “I’m not adorable.”

What the hell, Seulgi!

“Yes, you are,” Joy insisted. Seulgi’s cheeks flushed, and before Seulgi could refute (with a pout that was definitely not of an alpha’s), the younger woman asked, “Do you have work today?

Seulgi looked at the clock. It was around 9:50, and she had a meeting around 11. “Yes.”

 “Oh.” For a moment, Joy looked mildly disappointed but a cheerful smile suddenly replaced it. “Well, you better finish your coffee, Seulgi-ssi. I’ll go take a bath.”

Seulgi watched as Joy stood up and walked to the room.

Was I imagining things?

Seulgi shook her head.

Maybe.

And in silence, she drank the coffee in her hands.

 

 

Seulgi wasn’t on top of her performance today.

She was absentminded most of the time. Not that it was anything new, but she never made it obvious.

“Are you okay, Ms. Kang?” one of her employees asked in worry.

Seulgi, who tripped over thin air just now, did her best to keep her pride intact, even if her tomato cheeks betrayed her. She was, after all, the CEO of her company and she had an image to uphold, or at least what’s left of it.

“Thank you. I’m okay. Please excuse me.” As soon as she said that, she immediately speed-walked towards the elevator, not even waiting for her secretary.

“You’re really out of it today,” Jisoo commented, looking at Seulgi with a suspicious gaze. Seulgi avoided her secretary’s scrutinizing gaze as best as she could. Jisoo shook her head and leaned back. “You can talk to me, Seul.”

Seulgi sighed. “I know. Thank you, Jisoo. It’s just…”

“Tough morning?”

“Yeah.” The alpha gave a tired smile. “Tough morning.”

It wasn’t only a tough morning.

On her first meeting of the afternoon, Seulgi zoned out so much that she wasn’t able to listen to the meeting at all. When the board asked for her opinion, she was so out of it that she wasn’t able to answer anything. Fortunately, or unfortunately for Seulgi, one of the investors who attended her wedding misunderstood Seulgi’s current predicament.

“It must be because CEO Kang is very tired,” he joked. “After all, CEO Kang is a young alpha! It’s only been less than a week since she got married. She probably got drained by her pretty wife… if you know what I mean.”

As the man laughed, followed by the other alphas in the board, Seulgi did her best to hide her grimace, giving off a fake laugh.

“If you know what I mean,” Jisoo mimicked after they walked out of the meeting, laughing so hard she snorted, much to Seulgi’s annoyance.

“Do that again and I’ll take one of your day-offs.”

One in the afternoon, Seulgi ordered her second coffee of the day in hopes to get her embarrassment out of her system and replace it with caffeine instead. When her coffee arrived, she forgot she ordered hot coffee and immediately downed it, burning her tongue. In a panic, she released the cup and spilled the rest on herself.

As much as she tried to hold it back, she ended up screaming.

“Seulgi!” In a panic, Jisoo rushed into her office. Seeing Seulgi with her tongue out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter