chapter 3

Mrs. & Mrs. Kang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy wanted to sue all the photographers who took pictures of Kang Seulgi.

All the pictures of Kang Seulgi on the internet didn’t justify the Kang Seulgi in personal.

The alpha was straight-up gorgeous.

Joy couldn’t see clearly when she was on the other end of the aisle but the moment she reached half-way, she saw the sight of the hottest woman she’s ever seen. Joy wasn’t the type to drool over women (or men) but damn—Kang Seulgi is hot.

She could remember the time when she stalked her fiancée on the internet. Wendy, who was sitting beside her, glanced at her photos and whistled. “Wow, she’s very pretty.”

“Yeah,” Joy nodded absentmindedly as she scrolled down her fiancée’s profile. “She’s okay.”

Joy felt embarrassment creeping on her cheeks. She wanted to smack herself because saying Kang Seulgi is okay would be the same as saying chicken tastes good. (Chicken doesn’t taste good; it tastes delicious.)

All the noise—the whispers, the camera shutter, the wedding march—disappeared. All she could focus on was the woman waiting on the end of the aisle, looking breathtakingly dashing on her red velvet suit. She walked, absent-mindedly, eyes trained on Seulgi. She couldn’t look away even after their eyes met, the intensity in those monolid eyes made her heart race. The closer she got to the end, the more she felt breathless.

She arrived at the end of the aisle.

Kang Seulgi stretched her hand and Joy took it.

She was getting married.

 

 

The wedding went faster than Joy expected.

Granted, everything that the priest was saying just went from one ear to another. Their wedding was much shorter than the traditional ones because the Kangs didn’t want to attract unnecessary attention. She already memorized the speech that she was going to say; all she had to do was to add a little bit more emotion to make it seem like she was in love with the woman before her. It was a blessing that Joy was a good actress.

But Kang Seulgi was not.

Joy wasn’t sure but if ever Kang Seulgi was acting, she would praise the woman for it. It was endearing to look at Seulgi deliver her speech. She stuttered throughout her speech, looking flustered and embarrassed. It effectively made the audience laugh or coo at how… unexpectedly adorable the Kang Empire CEO was. Whenever their eyes met, Seulgi would shyly lower her head and Joy would bite back a smile every time. When she finally finished her speech, the older woman gave an obvious sigh of relief, much to Joy’s amusement.

Then the hardest part came.

“You may now kiss the bride.”

Joy nearly choked. Of course we’re going to kiss. How could I forget?

Joy wasn’t inexperienced. She probably kissed more people than she could remember. She had flings in parties and clubs. Joy is a good actress, she always has been. She could pull this off.

But her heart was racing. It was the first time, in a very long time, that her heart was racing just because she was about to kiss someone. I’m just nervous, she told herself as she secretly wiped her palms on her dress. She hoped her sweating didn’t mess up her makeup. Why am I nervous anyway? It’s just a kiss.

Seulgi looked at her, monolid eyes blinking rapidly, hesitation obvious in her eyes. Joy gave a tiny nod, and Seulgi gave back a timid smile. She stepped closer until their faces were a hand away from each other, intense, black eyes never leaving hers.

Seulgi cupped her jaw, intense eyes turning soft, and Joy saw say I’m sorry before their lips met.

Just a kiss.

(Okay, fine—maybe because Kang Seulgi was so damn attractive that made her heart bang loudly the moment their lips met.)

 

 

“Are you okay, Sooyoung-ssi?”

“Joy.”

Before she could stop herself, Joy quickly corrected her. She looked at Seulgi, watching the other woman blink slowly in confusion.

“Joy?”

“Yes.” Joy gave her best smile. “Call me Joy, Seulgi-ssi.”

Joy waited if the alpha would react with her tone. Alphas don’t appreciate it when an omega—or anyone, really—acts haughty or answers them back. Joy never trusted alphas, and she wanted to test if Seulgi was one of those kinds she should be wary of. She already heard several rumors about the alphas of the Kang family and she wondered if Kang Seulgi was exactly like the rumors she heard.

Joy doesn’t judge someone based on rumors. But when it comes to alphas, you can never be too sure.

Surprisingly, the other woman leaned back, giving Joy an apologetic smile. “Oh! I’m sorry, Joy-ssi. Um, I, uh, I know that your stage name is Joy but I thought that—“

“It’s okay, Seulgi-ssi. I don’t mind,” Joy said with an eyebrow subtly raised in amusement. That wasn’t the reaction she was expecting from her but it was pleasant nonetheless. “But we’re not close yet so you better call me Joy.”

“Oh.” Seulgi’s mouth formed an “o”, head nodding in understanding. Then she smiled, cheeks puffing and eyes turning into crescents. Joy noted that her wife­—wow, wife—looked similar to a bear. An adorable, baby bear. “Okay then. I’m Seulgi.”

“Seulgi-ssi, I know.” Joy giggled. The CEO of the Kang Empire kept on surprising her. The way she l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter