Bygone (Part. 3)

Sweet Delight (One-Shot/Short Story Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taeyeon!” Wooyoung lunged at his wife, careful not to make her fall as he embraced her tightly. He cupped her face after and kissed her briefly on the lips. “Please tell me you’re okay,” he murmured and kissed her again.

“I’m fine, Wooyoung. It’s a good thing Byunghee immediately brought me to the doctors when I passed out,” she told him with a grateful smile.

Facing back, Wooyoung turned his attention to Byunghee who stood awkwardly behind them. He stepped forward and glowered at the man.

“You.”
 Taeyeon rushed beside her husband, keeping a tight grasp of his right arm.
“The were you trying to do? Didn’t you know she was allergic to nuts?” Wooyoung asked him.

“Wooyoung, please.”

“You should’ve known,” Wooyoung said. “You’ve known Taeyeon long before I did,” he told him, his tone being so harsh and unpleasant.

“Stop, Wooyoung. It’s not his fault,” Taeyeon tried butting in.

“I’m sorry,” Byunghee finally spoke, his voice expressing guilt and regret.

“You should be,” Wooyoung told him.
 Byunghee shifted uncomfortably in his spot as Wooyoung continued to rebuke him.

“Wooyoung, stop,” Taeyeon whispered.

“If anything worse had happened to my wife, I swear, I—”

“WOOYOUNG, DAMN IT, WILL YOU PLEASE STOP?” Taeyeon’s grating voice echoed, as every pair of eyes in the area turned to look at her. “Please,” she begged, “I just want to go home.”

With that, Wooyoung stormed away with a loud exhale as Taeyeon waddled behind him. She paused for a moment and turned her head back slightly, just enough for Byunghee to see her face, and she mouthed a small apology before walking again.

 

Reaching home without having said one word to each other, Taeyeon went straight to their room as Wooyoung opened the fridge and gulped a glass of water to calm himself down. He ran his hands through his hair and sighed in frustration. He couldn’t get himself to go in their room and talk to her. Loosening the tie she had tightened for him just this morning, he walked over to the window and stared outside as he continued to drink, this time, some wine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter