Lost In Love (Final)

Sweet Delight (One-Shot/Short Story Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 1

This night didn’t go that well… This had probably been the worst we’ve had since… I don’t know. We’ve been really childish these days. We fight over the smallest things. How did our conversation from “My Neighbor Totoro” turn into… hold on, you didn’t say “break up” did you? I’m sure you didn’t… This is just a momentary separation time—yes, that’s what this is.

Anyway, you did look really angry. Do you know how much you scared me when you shouted at me like that? I promise myself I would never want to see you like that again. You know, I almost thought you’d break the door when you slammed it so hard. You left me, but you’ll be coming back, right? This would just be temporary. It’s okay… Don’t worry. I’ll be waiting for you here, no matter how long it might take. When you come back, I know we’d both just laugh and make of fun of what happened. I’ll be looking forward to when that day comes. I love you so much.

 

Day 14

Hey. It’s been two weeks. Why haven’t I still heard from you? Perhaps you’re just busy. With work? Maybe. That’s fine, but please promise you’d come back home when you’re free. I’d even cook you some of your favorite food. I would sit on your lap and feed you. I’d do all those, and you’d repay me with a very sweet kiss. I miss you… Do you miss me, too?

 

Day -269

You annoy me so much. How can you even forget my birthday? I ignore you, but you keep locking me in your arms. I hate how you could do this to me. I’m supposed to be mad at you, but here you are, whispering sweet nothings in my ear, and with a snap of a finger, I’ve fallen under your spell again, and I kiss you. You kiss me back as you smirk, feeling like you’ve won or something. Your lips move up to my left ear and your hand gently caresses my face, as you whisper those three words that eventually made up your being forgetful as my late grandfather.

“Happy birthday, baby.”

 

Day 30

One month. The weather forecaster just announced that it would be stormy tonight. It’s getting really cold now actually. No. I don’t want those heaters you installed last time. I want you. I want your embraces. Lock in me in your arms like you used to. Run your fingers through my hair and tuck a bit of them behind my ear. Kiss me on my forehead and tell me that you love me very randomly. I would really love to hear your voice right now, just so I won’t be able to hear the thunder or the rain slamming against the windowpane, making the same loud noise of that night when you walked out and so hardly shut the door close.

 

Day -185

I want to marry you. How is it that you always know what to say or what to do whenever I’m down? That y boss of mine just fired me from work. I rant about it like a crazy woman, and all you do is smile at me. Damn you for being so handsome. I eventually burst into tears and you come to me, embracing me. I soak your shirt with tears, but you didn’t care. You caress the back of my head as you tell me to hush. I press my body closer to yours, but you release me. You then take my face, and wipe my tears with your thumbs. You lean down and kiss me. Your lips felt so warm and perfect as it brushed against mine.

“It’s going to be alright. It’s her loss, not yours. You’re a great person, Taeyeon, and I love you—” you kiss me again “—so much, baby.”

 

Day 75

I just came home from work—oh wait, haven’t I told you? I’ve gotten myself a new job. My boss is much nicer and she’s almost the same age as me. She’s really pretty. You know, I think you should meet her… or not. I don’t want you looking at other girls except for me. Haha, am I too selfish? I’m sorry. You know what, come back home tonight and let’s talk about that issue of you looking at other girls.

 

Day 194

Where are you? It’s our 4th anniversary today. I prepared some good dinner, and I’m wearing that beautiful dress you bought for me the Christmas two years ago. After our dinner by candlelight—which I know you’d find very cheesy, and you’d pinch my cheeks for that—we can watch some movies. I’d be willing to watch horror movies with you, just so I could snuggle up to you whenever Toshio or Samara appears on screen. Tonight will be really fun, I promise you. Just please… come back to me.

 

Day -58

you. I almost died from a heart attack when you snuck up on me in the shower. you again because you almost made me kill you. I’m so mad at you right now. Seriously. I don’t even want to look at your face. Then you crash your lips against mine—and as always, that wipes away all the negative vibes inside me.

“Do you have any idea of how ed up my day had been today?” you ask me with a voice sounding so hoarse.

I lean my forehead against yours and your lips touch my nose oh so gently. “No...” I whisper. “Would you like to talk about it?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter