Perfect For You (Part. 1)

Sweet Delight (One-Shot/Short Story Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are we going, nanny?”

The boy was at the age of four, getting dressed up in very thick clothes by his ever caring nanny. For his whole life, Leo grew up in his nanny’s arms. Not even once was he held by his own mother, or at least that’s what he’s been taught.

Leo never knew how his mother looked, how she dressed, and how her attitude was. His father had only been sending him letters the past months, telling him stories about his mother. Now he has this image in his head that his mother is somewhat tall, long-haired, and has a pretty face just like that of his—

“Nanny Taeyeon?”

He tried catching her attention for she was looking even more dazed than usual. He gently poked her cheek, making the older woman turn to his attention. His small eyes shaped into crescent moons as he beamed at her, showing his little pearly whites. Taeyeon looked at him, forcing back a smile for the boy’s reassurance.

“Shall we?”

She straightened herself from her crouching position and held out her hand as the kid made an eager grab for it. 

They rode his daddy’s Lexus, with a personal driver on the wheel, an empty space on the passenger seat, and the two of them lounging on the backseat. She never did let go of Leo’s hand even when they were inside the car. She could not stop staring at the little boy’s features and at how much he resembled his handsome father. He was going to grow up looking like him without a doubt. Taeyeon chuckled softly to herself with her very random thoughts.

Still filled with curiosity, Leo looked up at her with those innocent eyes of his, and asked the same question, “Nanny, where are we going?”

With her slender fingers, she brushed his fringe for him. “We’re going to meet mommy and daddy,” she replied, trying to sound as excited as she could.

The boy cheered even livelier than the time he had been bought the most expensive toy robot by his father.

Taeyeon looked out the window, noticing the clear sky turn gray. Involuntarily, she gave Leo’s small hand a sudden squeeze, thinking it might the last time she would be able to do so.

“Nanny, you look tired,” said Leo with a compassionate frown.

This was the second time Taeyeon was forcing a smile.

“Just lacking sleep, that's why,” she reasoned out. Leo then suddenly yawned. “I’m guessing you too,” she giggled before placing the little boy’s head down her lap. 

Hand in hand, Taeyeon and Leo stood in front of the airport gates. Leo could not wait any longer for it would be the first he’ll ever be seeing his mother. Taeyeon was in the same state, but for a whole different reason: It would be the first time she’ll ever be seeing him after four years. She was thrilled.

“Daddy!” 

Leo ran, breaking free from Taeyeon’s grasp. Her gaze fell on him, and nothing could describe how she was currently feeling. She smiled in pure bliss, as they exchanged looks. Right there he was, the man she had been longing for for four whole years.

Jang Wooyoung.

Taeyeon made a quick follow of Leo’s footsteps as she threw her arms and legs around him. He made a good catch of her body as his arms carried her from her bottom. It felt good to be in his embrace again, to be in his arms, and to feel his body this close to her own. How she wished she had the same remote from that movie, just so she could press pause and stay in that state forever. But unfortunately, she didn’t, and the moment had to be ruined by a clearing of the throat.

“Nanny, who is she?” Leo asked and tugged his nanny’s dress as soon as she was placed back down by his father.

Taeyeon’s lips formed a fake smile. “She’s your mommy.”

She almost choked on her words as she said them. Leo’s image of her was right. The woman was tall, unlike her. She had long, shiny hair and a pretty face too. She watched in agony as Leo hugged the woman’s body, his head only reaching up to the her thigh. Feeling unneeded, Taeyeon let out a sigh and casually walked away, the gloomy weather not helping her in any way. 

The ride back home seemed endless and the whole time, it felt awkward for Taeyeon to even be in their presence. Not that he was ignoring her, but Leo had had his full attention towards his long-missed parents. Reaching home, she isolated herself a little — walking around the mansion while thinking very deep thoughts. She looked from afar, and saw Leo having the time of his life with his mother. Before they could even fall, she mopped her tears away for it was just useless. Leo was happy so she should be as well. 

She then wondered where he was before a simple “Hey” answered her own question. She jumped a bit, not expecting his appearance. Turning a little, she saw him as a smile curved upon his lips.

“Hey,” she replied back, nonchalantly.

“Something bugging you?” he asked, looking straight at her.

She turned and looked away. “None,” she answered him as she bit her lip.

“Liar,” he said, completely startling her. He walked and stood beside her as he looked at his wife and son who were meters away from their spot. “She’s beautiful, isn’t she?” he asked her, not meaning any kind of offense. But Taeyeon still felt insulted. Was this really the right time to compliment his wife? In front of her?

Foolishly, she answered, “Y-Yeah, she is.”

Wooyoung turned his gaze back at her. “You’re still more beautiful, Tae,” he told her sweetly as he made an attempt to caress her face.

Taeyeon quickly shoved his hand away and ran off just in time to hide her falling tears.

-

Night came and Taeyeon had just tucked Leo in bed. She walked down the hallways, casually humming her favorite song before noticing a bedroom door ajar. It was Wooyoung’s bedroom. She stopped i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter