Bygone (Part. 1)

Sweet Delight (One-Shot/Short Story Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The water felt even more than nice against their youthful skins. It was warm and relaxing, unlike the condition of the skies outdoors. Tiny bubbles floated around the room, and she tried popping all of them as he, on the other hand, found her actions to be very amusing. Stealing a quick kiss from her cheek, she turned herself at him with furrowed eyebrows. He leaned over again, to plant another kiss on her thin, pink lips, but she placed the rubber duck in the way, making his puckered lips meet the duck’s beak instead. She laughed as he frowned and seeing this, she pursed her lips to stop herself from laughing. Closing the short gap between them, she gave him one satisfying smooch. She pulled back after a minute, caressing his face before giving him an unexpected splash of the warm water. He pulled her to himself, trapping her in his embrace, and tickled her in revenge as her weird sounding giggles reverberated throughout the small room.

“I still feel dirty,” she pouted as she let herself fall down the soft mattress of their bed.

“Why?” he asked her as he wore a shirt on.

She sat up as he lay down beside her and told him that she still felt unclean because she took a bath with him. He chuckled, finding her statement to be very silly. She glared at him and he embraced her, pulling her down to sleep with him. He whispered how much he loved her before wishing her a good night’s sleep. She found herself smiling after that.

 

A yawn escaped Taeyeon's lips as she woke, and her right hand instinctively caressed the other side of the bed, checking if he was still there. He wasn’t. She sat up and pursed her lips wondering why he had woken up earlier than usual today. Rubbing her eyes, she went down the stairs and looked for him. Her heavy footsteps being so audible made him turn around. He smiled, seeing her yawn. He waited for her at the bottom of the staircase, planning to greet her a good morning with a tight embrace. She had one more step left before she could finally reach him, but instead, she just had to ruin the moment and fall over. Fortunately, he caught her and they greeted each other good morning with giggles and chuckles.

“You’re so clumsy,” he said, poking her cheek.

She cupped his face, staring at his gorgeous features before leaning in for a sweet kiss.

“I love you,” she whispered against his lips.

His arms tightened around her figure and he let their lips meet again. The kiss deepened even more when her hands pressed his face closer against hers. It made him laugh.

“What’s so funny?” she asked him with a frown.

He snickered. “You being like this,” he replied.

She tilted her head, confused.

“Why are you being so aggressive all of a sudden?” he asked her, laughing a little.

“Wooyoung, it's a false alarm,” she murmured, snuggling her face into the side of his neck. “The test... It was only a single line,” she sighed deeply.

“Hey,” he called her, grabbing her chin so she could look at him. “Listen to me, baby. There’s nothing wrong with you, okay? Maybe, this just isn’t the right time... Don't worry about it too much,” he told her and pecked her lips. “You hungry?”

Smiling a bittersweet smile, she nodded in reply. She sat on his lap as they fed themselves with the pancakes he cooked. He kissed her bulging cheek as she laughed at his silliness. They looked so happy being with each other. She loved him and he loved her.

 

He bade her goodbye as he was leaving for work and she adorably pouted her lips, urging him to stay even for a few more minutes. He promised her some ice cream when he gets back, and so she finally let him go.

Taeyeon hated it when she was alone. She would always miss him A LOT, although he was only a 20-minute drive away.

Getting bored of the overly dramatic shows on TV, she sauntered out of the apartment after hearing some ruckus along the hallway. Someone was moving in. They were having a new neighbor. She walked towards the stranger with a welcoming smile and offered to give him a hand. The man turned after placing a cardboard box down the doorway.

“JUNG BYUN

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter