Chapter 2-2: Miracle's Nonsense (2)

Cloak and Gunpowder

   

Chapter 2-2
Miracle's Nonsense (2)

 



 

      Men with a gaudy appearance is something that Choi Yena hates the most. It may be only her perception, but she found that those kinds of men are usually annoying and a braggart. The man in front of her was no different. His position as the heir of Shimizu family was just making him more annoying, louder, and arrogant.

 

      He was surrounded by many people, mostly female, including Yena herself. It’s his fifth glass since I came here, Yena thought, surprised at the heir’s action. Yena wondered that maybe he wanted to make himself tipsy with wine.

 

“So Yuna... you’re Doctor Kim’s cousin?” He said, encircling his arm on Yena’s waist, startling the woman for a moment.

 

“Second cousin, to be specific,” Yena said with a contrived smile.

 

“Daddy really hoped that she comes here, and Voila! She appeared! Not only that, but a beautiful woman like you is also here... I think both of me and daddy are really lucky today!” He exclaimed happily.

 

      Yena on the other hand, could feel that her blood was boiling up. She really wanted to punch this man for touching her. If not for the purpose of their mission, she’d gladly hit him and throw him to the pond outside.

 

“Yuna, want to go somewhere more quiet? Just the two of us,” he said in a whisper, trying to seduce the woman on his arm. If Yena should be straightforward, the fact that he misheard her name was funny, but if she should be more honest, this man is utterly stupid and also a ert. Openly seducing someone in front of many people is just so cheap, even from Choi Yena who comes from the lower class in the society.

 

“I don’t think Chaewon would like that...” She smiled weakly, refusing the offer. Everyone around was just watching his cringe move and pitying Yena.

 

“She won’t know... Look, she’s too focused with the daughter of Honda family...” He pointed at Chaewon and Hitomi who were dancing... intimately. Seeing the person who represented the highest suit was dancing with their “master” romantically like that, Yena squinted her eyes in disbelief.

 

“See? We can come back here after daddy shows the prototype medicine...” he winked.

 

“Isn’t that important? You’re not going to witness it?” Yena asked, feeling curious for the reason why he didn’t seem to care about main course of the party.

 

      He let out a snicker.

 

“No need to. Moreover...”

 

 

 

 

“... Hyewon?”

 

      A sweet voice called the stewardess from behind. Just by hearing that voice, Hyewon gulped. It was the voice of someone she knows really well.

 

      Hyewon never likes this kind of situation. She cursed herself for her inability to move whenever that voice called for her name. She stood still, hoping that the person behind her wouldn’t  step forward and stand in front of her.

 

      Unfortunately, her hope didn’t come true.

 

      Yujin, who was standing far from Hyewon, surprised when she saw a woman in medium short hair approached the oldest in the group. From the distance, she could see the unknown woman caressed Hyewon’s cheek with so much affection. Hyewon didn’t move even for an inch.

 

      Yujin blinked repeatedly, trying to process the whole situation in her brain. They didn’t have any more time...

 

 

“...S-Sakura?” Hyewon said, her lips was trembling. Sakura’s cold hand was caressing her cheek.

 

“What are you doing here?” Sakura asked. Her voice was soft as usual, but Hyewon knew that the Japanese was interrogating her.

 

“You always say that you’re busy... You don’t know how much I missed you,” Sakura continued, her eyes met with Hyewon’s.

 

      Hyewon let out another gulp.

 

“I-I need money, Sakura...” Hyewon reasoned. Cold sweats streamed down from her temple.

 

“How much you can get by doing a low paid part-time job like this? You should just come at me... I’ll give you everything,” Sakura closed the distance between them, pecking the younger woman’s lips.

 

      Sakura encircled her arms around Hyewon’s neck, pulling the latter closer to her. The sweet fragrance from Sakura’s favorite perfume filled Hyewon’s respiratory system, making her slightly intoxicated.

 

“No... Not here, Sakura. People will see us...” Hyewon tried to not lose her cool. Sakura giggled as a response.

 

“You don’t realize that you walked too far and there’s no one this area? Moreover, no one will see us since everyone is already inside for the showcase of that thing,” Sakura informed, before crashing her lips with Hyewon’s.

 

      Hyewon didn’t even know, why her body always reacted that way every time Sakura called her name. It was always like that, ever since their first meeting. Even though Hyewon’s mind was rejecting Sakura, her body wouldn’t move as she wanted. It was like... Hyewon’s body was obedient to Sakura rather than herself.

 

      It was spring. Even so, instead of the cool spring breeze, heat was the only thing Hyewon could feel at the moment. Hyewon’s back hit the cold concrete wall. The woman who was dominating Hyewon, didn’t even bother to break the kiss, as if Hyewon’s lips were her oxygen.

 

      Hyewon was suffocated. The needs of air were making her legs to be limp and her vision was blurred. She was no longer care about her original objective, letting herself to be sunk in Sakura’s game.

 

      Watching the two women from the distance, Yujin had her jaw dropped. She once heard that Hyewon was girls magnet, but she never thought that the magnet would work on someone from the upper class. Feeling guilty for witnessing such a scene, Yujin pulled herself.

 

 

 

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we will show our masterpiece for the humanity soon!” Mr. Shimizu announced from the balcony in the hall. Helped by the audio speakers that were installed everywhere in the hall, everyone in the hall could hear his voice clearly.

 

      Chaewon and Hitomi were standing side by side, just finishing their dance just a minute ago. The Korean’s arm that was on Hitomi’s waist, slowly detaching itself. Hitomi glanced on Chaewon, finding that the neurologist was too focused with what Mr. Shimizu would show to the guests soon.

 

      A man that was standing behind Mr. Shimizu handed something to the party host. The thing that was passed was a mere small ampule, held between Mr. Shimizu’s thumb and index finger.

 

“This small gem, will be the one that revolutionize the world,” Mr. Shimizu started his speech. “We were working day and night, sacrificing everything we have just to find the way to help the mankind. Our hard work was rewarded, and now... the world don’t have to wait anymore.” Mr. Shimizu spoke with full confidence while showing his guests the ampule between his fingers.

 

      Everybody inside the hall applauded, cheering for the owner of Shimizu Pharmaceutical Inc. and his company’s successful attempt at creating the medicine. Smiling widely, Mr. Shimizu seemed satisfied with his guests reaction. Carefully, he handed back the ampule to the man behind him.

 

      Chaewon furrowed her eyebrows, recognizing that there was something wrong. According to the plan, it was the right time for them to take the prototype medicine from Mr. Shimizu’s hand, but there was nothing happened there. Somewhat panicked, Chaewon threw her gaze around the hall, searching for one of her comrades.

 

      She successfully spotted Yujin near the exit to the garden, looking at Mr. Shimizu while slightly panting. Where’s Hyewon? She thought. Chaewon gulped, eventually figuring out that their plan that night was an immense failure.

 

      Unbeknownst by neither Chaewon nor Hitomi, there was someone who was standing behind them. The person let out a slight grin upon seeing Chaewon’s perplexed gesture.

 

“... We’re wasting time here,” a husky voice was heard from behind, surprising both Chaewon and Hitomi. The two women shifted back to identify the owner of the voice.

 

“Yena?” Chaewon called the name of the individual behind her.

 

“Should I say it as the biggest fraud ever?” Yena asked calmly while locking her eyes on Mr. Shimizu.

 

“W-what do you mean?” Hitomi asked back, not figuring out what Yena had just told earlier.

 

“Thanks to this dress, I was able to learn that everything is a lie,” Yena smirked.

 

“Eh?” Chaewon frowned at Yena's words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You know what I mean, Spade. That medicine was a scam.”

 

 


 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter... My mind is messed up with many things lately.