Tokyo, 20XX

Cloak and Gunpowder

 

Tokyo, 20XX

 


 

Tokyo, 20XX. In the past, the government failed to save Japan from ageing society, resulting in the explosion of international migration in Japan. As time goes by, Tokyo is now crowded by immigrants not only from all over Asia. They're everywhere, almost in every sector including the government and securities. Vietnamese-descent public officer or Korean police is no longer extraordinary, since they’re one now, as the citizen of Japan.

 

The explosion of international migration came with an expensive price. Decades after the explosion, the crime rate in Japan is rapidly increased, together with the poverty and unemployment rate. Everyone, native and immigrants, are striving in Japan, especially in the big cities such as Tokyo.

 

Abundant human resources means cheaper labour. Underpaid unskilled labourers could be found everywhere, doing their best so they would be able to feed their hungry families. Japan is no longer a paradise in those immigrants’ eyes, totally different from when the first time they set their foot on the Land of The Rising Sun. Still, they didn’t have a choice but to survive, even though they know that the sun would set soon on that land.

 

Even in those miseries and suffering, there would be a small circle of influential people that wouldn’t be touched by such a thing. Like the sky and the earth, those people would laugh everyday counting their uncountable amount of wealth, with their mouth opened wide as if inviting flies inside. On the other side, people cries for their inability to makes their ends meet while looking at their children who was in a deep slumber, dreaming about the delicious lunch packed by their mother they would eat on school the next day.

 

Hero... perhaps it was something that lacked in people’s life. Their daily life were no different with an endless cycle, searching and working for a small amount of money they thought would bring some happiness to their soon-to-be dysfunctional family. If only they have someone they could look up to, maybe their life wouldn’t be so dull, like a monochrome painting no one might understand in a museum that was dubbed as a masterpiece.

 

Hero... if only there’s someone who would stand up to fight those greedy pigs whom people submit their life to for the sake of their family... If only there’s someone who could assure them that their belly would be full until the next month...