Chapter II

The Other Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Airi, I found it!” Jungkook went out of the bushes with all the dirt on his shirt and cheeks. Dangling from his fingers was my jade necklace which mom gave me. Every bit of fear was washed away seeing it and my tears finally stopped falling. I was so afraid that my mom will scold me knowing that I lost it while playing outside. I hugged Jungkook and kissed him on the cheek then I spit feeling the sand on my lips then we just laughed…”

 

 

I realized I was smiling remembering the memory. I was probably eight years old that time and Jungkook was seven. I’m older than him by a year and Taehyung was older than me by one. We were always playing on their front yard but I was closer to Jungkook since Taehyung always took music lessons. I remembered Jungkook had always been my hero; no one tries to bully me because he was always there and every time I would cry for petty things he has always find ways to make me stop and laugh instead. Now thinking of those made me felt bad I haven’t been able to reach out to them. I can’t recall why or how but it just happened. We lived our own lives and we hadn’t been able to get in touch.

I turned and covered myself with my blanket. I closed my eyes but Jungkook’s face was what I can see. I can’t help but feel pity on what he had gone through that he changed that much; he even didn’t bother to say a word to me.

 

 

I dragged myself out my bed, another day to start.  I took a glance on the time and once again I woke up late for sleeping past midnight. I hurried out of my room on the thought that Solbin is almost done jogging and I still haven’t made coffee. Just as I went out of my room, I came face to face with no other than Jungkook. He just stared at me for a second and then went ahead while I stood at my doorstep frozen. Damn, I totally forgot we have boarders. I went back in and closed the door behind me hurriedly. I checked myself in the mirror and I looked exactly how I pictured out myself; messy hair and too exposed. Good thing I was wearing a midnight blue night gown so my undies aren’t visible. I sighed combing my hair and pulled my robe out of my closet to wear it. It pisses me a bit thinking I had to be conscious on how I look inside my own house. I went down and saw him sitting next to the counter fiddling with his phone while waiting for the coffee to be made.

I was relieved he made enough. I walked passed him to get cups when I heard him say, “Good Morning”. I turned to him and awkwardly greeted back, “Did you sleep well?”

“I did. By the way, about tomorrow…” he paused probably seeing my clueless expression, “we’re going out?”

“We?”

“It’s fine. You’re probably busy…” he looked away immediately.

“I’m not” I answered without thinking. I was probably really careful about what he’ll feel, the guilt that grew in me and I’m actually relieved he spoke to me, that means he doesn’t hate me? “What about tomorrow?”

“Your dad said you’ll tour us around”

“He did? I mean sure” I laughed and I know I do sound stupid.

“But you know, it’s okay if we won’t.”

“We will. By the way, where’s Taehyung?”

“He went out early”

“I see” I took out the cups and poured coffee on three cups. I carried the two cups, “I’ll be upstairs”

He just nodded and took his. That was probably our first conversation after a long time and it was hell awkward. What happens tomorrow? I just hope it wouldn’t be like that. Sure it won’t as long as Taehyung’s there.

 

“What are you thinking?” I flinched hearing Solbin at my back. I didn’t even saw her enter the gate. “You’re like a statue from below”

“Tomorrow”

“What’s for tomorrow?”

“Well, I just read dad’s message to tour the siblings out”

“Tour?” Solbin grinned ridiculously, “Aren’t they from here?”

“They are but you know it’s been years”

“Right and you’ll be their tour guide. Good luck with the directions” Solbin laughed and reached for her coffee. I was always bad with directions that makes me a laughing stock to her and Jimin, “Of course I won’t lead them to somewhere I’m not familiar of” I reasoned out but then…

“Just call me if you need help”

“Or better yet, come with us” I pleaded.

“I love to but we have somewhere to go”

My shoulders fell instantly but then I got curious, “You love to?”

“Well” she smiled deviously, “Taehyung is very handsome, isn’t he?”

I couldn’t disagree, Taehyung was always handsome ever since but I didn’t expect she’d had her eyes on him, “he is but don’t ask my help on that”

“I got it” Solbin winked and I could just roll my eyes. She always fall so easily but then it’s Taehyung, so why not?

 

 

Days are always fast to end and so here I am now, looking hesitantly in my mirror. I heard a knock on the door followed by Taehyung’s voice, “Airi?”

“Coming” I replied, fixing my hair. When I went out he was already waiting for me at the end of the stairs, “Are you sure you’re okay with this?” he said. Taehyung was always considerate and responsible. I guess he had no reason not to especially that Jungkook changed like that and he’s the successor of his father’s company.

Jungkook was already inside the car with his earphones on. He was seated at the back so Taehyung sat on the front seat next to me. “Who taught you to drive?” he asked in the middle of our trip.

“Dad at first but you know how busy he is so technically my best friend did” I replied not taking my eyes off the road. It’s best to just be safe; I’m not an expert to this yet.

“You’re very careful” Taehyung said amused. “I should. The successor is my passenger” I turned to him when the red light went on and we both laughed.

“I heard you grew up to be a brat but it doesn’t seem so”

“I do” I acknowledged it and he laughed, “you’re pretty nice for a brat, driving us and taking us for a tour”

“Well believe me, I’m surprised too I agreed” I joked, “but seriously, we’re like a family”

“Of course” Taehyung smiled. I took a glance at Jungkook’s reflection at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter