Chapter I

The Other Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I gathered all my things and put them inside my bag. Solbin paused midway to the door as I followed her out of the café, “You’re coming?” she asked and I nodded, “Of course I will”

“Thank goodness” a huge grin of relief flashed on her face, “you’re an angel”

“I know” I shrugged cockily and she smirked. She drove fast to the location Jimin sent her. It has been this busy for the three of us for almost two months now with Hanbin around. He is Solbin’s cousin who went home after two years of college in China. Her uncle, Hanbin’s dad ordered Solbin to look after him well it’s not really an order but rather a negotiation; he will buy her dream car if she’ll look after him for a semester and of course me and Jimin as her best buds will support her no matter what.

“We’re here” Solbin entered the underground parking area of an unfamiliar apartment building and soon we saw them at a distance. There were two other guys apart from Jimin and Hanbin. Jimin was trying to hold unto Hanbin and same goes to the other guy who was holding unto Hanbin’s opponent. Seriously, it was tiring to see that situation always. Hanbin always indulge into fights and I pity Jimin for always acting as a referee, eventually receiving a punch or two.

As soon as we parked the car, Solbin ran towards them, “Hanbin!” I yelled as I stepped out of the car but didn’t dare to come closer. He turned to me and received a punch on the face; I felt a bit sorry about that. “Get inside the car now!” I like this kind of power over him although I hate the reason behind it.

Hanbin shrugged off Jimin’s arm and glared at his opponent who were all bruise and blood on the face just like him, “I’m not done with you”

“Likewise” the other smirked and spat blood on the ground; it made me cringe. Hanbin entered the back seat while Jimin apologized to the guy who was holding Hanbin’s opponent before entering the car. I was about to go back to my seat when I heard my name, “Airi” the guy smiled shyly and apologetic; it took seconds for me to realize who it was. “We’ll see you” he nodded as a sign of goodbye and I did the same surprised. I gave him a small smile of understanding. My eyes didn’t stop studying the two of them in disbelief until we drove off.

Hanbin’s opponent turned out to be Jungkook and the one holding him off was Taehyung his older brother. We were childhood friends but I never saw them for almost ten years. They grew so much and I didn’t expect that we’d meet again especially in that situation. I was a bit embarrassed about Hanbin’s behavior but what about Jungkook? He was a good kid, sweet and caring…

“Airi” I was pulled out in my deep thoughts and saw Solbin giving me worried glances, “You’ve been silent” she mentioned. “Just thinking about some things” I replied and she smirked, “obviously”

“We’ll talk about it tomorrow” I signaled at the backseat with my eyes and of course Solbin immediately got the hint that Hanbin shouldn’t hear it, “Sure”

I turned back and found the two already asleep must’ve been tired from earlier, poor Jimin.

 

 

As soon as I went upstairs, I stopped seeing dad on his study; it was rare for him to be at home early so I knocked at the door. He looked up to me over his lenses and smiled, “Good, you’re here”.

I went in and sat at the seat before him. I was hesitating to tell him about earlier and it seems that he has something important to discuss with me. I already know on the way he positioned himself on his chair and clears his throat before speaking; it must be something really serious. “Do you remember Uncle Kim?” he asked and I laughed, “That’s a silly question dad”

“Right” he smiled. How can I forget his best friend who always sends me a gift during my birthdays and Christmas. “Anyway, he’s handing down his business in the city to his eldest, Taehyung. I’m sure you still remember him as well” I nodded in surprise; we actually have the same subject to talk about. “I saw him earlier” I blurted out. “You did?”

“Briefly. So you’re saying they’re back for good?” I asked. Their family moved in to Japan almost ten years ago for business reasons that’s why I haven’t seen them since.

“I’ll cut to the point. Would you be okay for them to be here in our house for the time being?”

“To be here?” I asked confused. “To stay here” he clarified and my eyes grew big, I was speechless. It was sudden but not that I despise it, “Maybe for a few weeks or a month” he continued. “Well, of course” I pushed a smile, “May I ask why?”

“Their properties were sold during their bankruptcy” I nodded recalling and he continued, “…and your uncle wants them to be safe around here. Their business was just starting to stand still again and it might be good for Jungkook to be here”

“What does that mean?”

“Well, your uncle said he had it hard when Diane passed away” he explained and I felt sorry remembering Aunt Diane, their sweet and loving mother who died in a car accident two years ago. It was so sudden. “So we’re good with it?” Dad asked and I gave him a reassuring smile, “when are they coming?”

“Tomorrow night. Be here at dinner”

I kissed him on the cheek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter