6. Nako and Hitomi

We Are Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6. Nako and Hitomi

 

January 1, 2018

 

It’s New Years Day and the Lee family of three are hanging outside before the firework goes off. They just had dinner at a nearby family restaurant and is now roaming the street looking at shops.

 

“Mommy, Mama can I get some of those?” Wonyoung asked as she points to the cotton candy vendor.

 

“Of course you can Sunshine, wait here with your Mama ok?” Chaeyeon said before running to get the cotton candy. She came back with pink cotton candy for Wonyoung and blue for her and Sakura to share.

 

The family continues walking and looking around with Wonyoung in between her parents holding each of their hands. The continue looking at various shops and eating various snacks as per Wonyoung’s request when they heard crying in the distance.

 

“Mommy someone is crying over there!” Wonyoung said before she ran off towards the sound.

 

“Wonyoung!” Chaeyeon said as she and Sakura take off after her.

 

“Wonyoung-ah come back here, we’ll go together!” Sakura said as they continue to run after their daughter.

 

They continue running after Wonyoung before the girl stops in front of what looks like two children. Sakura and Chaeyeon look at each other confused with why there were two children alone outside, they walked closer to the two children and their daughter who was trying to talk to them.

 

“Hi, I’m Wonyoung! What’s your name? Why are you guys crying?” Wonyoung asks but no response from the two girls in front of her.

 

“Wonyoung-ah, they’re probably scared Sunshine,” Chaeyeon said before kneeling down to the girls’ eye level.

 

“Hello, don’t be scared. My name is Chaeyeon and this is my wife Sakura and our daughter Wonyoung.” Chaeyeon introduced themselves but to no avail.

 

“Babe I don’t think they understand Korean, let me try,” Sakura said as she and Chaeyeon switches spots.

 

“Hello, don’t be scared. My name is Sakura and this is my wife Chaeyeon and our daughter Wonyoung.” Sakura reintroduced themselves in Japanese, gaining responses from the two girls. Seeing there was a response, Sakura continues talking to them in Japanese.

 

“What’s your name and why are you two here alone? Where're your parents?” Sakura asked causing the younger one of the two to start crying.

 

“My name is Yabuki Nako and I’m 4 years old.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter