When Heaven Burns

✘ Rosy Business ✘
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Head up high, backpack slung behind one shoulder and a long-hooded coat flying up behind her as the wind carried it, revealing her metallic shiny shorts. The young, available and good-looking Shin Ryujin decided to do what she does best: making the most extra entrance ever – Ryujin style.

Finger gunning people as if shooting through their hearts while winking and making clicking sounds with her tongue all so that she could win some hearts on her first day (if not all). To her surprise, instead of getting swarmed by fangirls and fanboys like what normally happens, they just gossiped as she passed. “Do people have no chill here? Why aren’t they swooning over my tomboy charm? But I guess it’s obvious. They don’t know me... This is why I hate switching schools; you gotta start from the bottom up.” She mused while shrugging.

Ryu made it to the arrival plaza and stood out like a sore thumb with her enormous fashion sense.

“Damn, the school is magnificent. This makes mid-year entry seem not so bad.” she murmured, focusing her thoughts on the campus map set in glass board. For a while, nothing happened. The same blurred faces stood silent as they looked towards a running girl. Then, suddenly, she felt a hard push from behind.

While Lia was making her way to her next class, she mistook Ryujin for her girlfriend. She legit flew toward Ryujin, her heart pounding in her chest. Everything flashed before the shorter-haired girl so quickly that she only felt the sensation of their cheeks meeting. Lia backed up from her little back hug, nearly sat on a bench, and then felt a new surge of adrenaline. “Sorry, I thought you were someone I knew.”

First impressions: She smelled nice (crisp apple scent), she had such large eyes, you could lose yourself in them. Long wavy hair. Exuberant? Very affectionate…

The older girl averted her eyes. Ryujin offered up a nervous smile as the mysterious beauty slowly disappeared into the expanse of students, meeting back with her group of friends.

“What’s that chick’s problem?”

Then out of the corner of her eye...

“Oh hey! When did you get here?” She asked calmly. It was Chaeryoung, Ryujin’s best friend since primary school. She’s been attending this university for 2 years now and has earned the title as 'The Helping Hand'… which got changed from 'Four-Eyes'.

“OMG did you know who that was?? The one you bumped into just now?” Chaeryoung nearly shook her.

“Um you mean she bumped into me and when everybody was literally looking at us?” Ryu bragged while giving Chaer a befitting hug.

“She was Julia!!”

“Judging by how you phrased that… I’m guessing there’s some kind of hierarchy here too?” Chaer nodded. “You’re not wrong. They are the ones who restored order in this school.”

“Pfft tell me something I don’t know. So, who are those so-called popular people around here hm?”

Chaer pushed her red-rimmed glasses up before answering, “Let’s see now… for the boys, there's Soobin, Yeonjun-”

“Uhhh can we maybe skip to the girls by any chance?”

“I don't see why not,” She arched an eyebrow. “Well… I do know quite a bit since my sister is one of them. The prominent ones are Yuna, Lia and Chaeyeon — my sister which you know of course.”

“Wow, your sister’s amazing! She was the school captain back in high school too.”

“Yeah… Anyways, see ya later!”

“Heyyyy I wanna know more about them. Pretty please.”

“Oh, I thought you just wanted to know their names,” She returned beside Ryujin. “Why are you so interested? Sounds like you want to rise to the top as usual.”

She gave Chaeryoung a poker face.

“Ok fine, only quickly though. Why don’t I get the 2018 yearbook out? You can get an idea of what they look like this way.”

She took it out of her mini backpack and flipped to the back of the book as if she’s done this a thousand times before.

“Whoa, they even have their own mini profiles in this?” Chaer smiled at Ryujin’s cute discovery and began. “Yuna here, is really smart and got into uni studying honour classes at only 13 years old and is currently the ace of the university with Lia not far behind.”

“Wait, Lia?”

“Yes, that’s Julia.”

“Odd. Now I think about it. I heard my dad mentioning her name before.”

“Please focus.”

“Ok.”

 

“So here is Yuna.” She pointed at her picture on the bottom left corner of the page. “Wow, no fair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter