Let It Be Hate

✘ Rosy Business ✘
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A few days later]

Chaer swallowed hard after hearing Ryu’s embarrassing story at the undercover basketball courts on the first day.

“Why do you still feel embarrassed? You just tripped. Everyone won’t ponder on it. I mean, come on, it’s uni. Everyone minds their own business anyway.” Ryu wrung her hands anxiously, and Chaer shared her dismay.

“That Lia girl. I can’t believe I’m saying this… SHE WAS A TOTAL BIATCH.”

That made Chaeryoung perk up, “How so?”

“She appeared right in front of me, well-aware that her visuals would paralyse me that I couldn’t dodge that Yeonjun guy. Oh god, I still have nightmares about that.” She pulled her sleeves up as she complained in a nonchalant way.

“That doesn’t sound like you. I hate to say this but aren’t you the one who’s supposed to make her ‘fall’ for you since you're the girl crush? I-Instead of you falling for her?”

“Literally.” Ryujin groaned.

“But in all seriousness, you’re becoming her if you’re that quick to be her fangirl. Of course, that’s nothing unusual at this school.”

“Well duh I am her because she tops this school unlike me who’s a noob. That will change though…”

Chaeryoung laughed, “Having been apart for so many years, you still don’t like it when people steal your spotlight.” She giggled some more while eating her Quiche Lorraine.

After a moment’s thought, Ryujin calmed down, “Actually, I take back what I said about her. She’s just so....”

“Can't even get the word out. That says a lot.” Chaer smirked.

“No! What I’m trying to say is that she annoys me…!” She turned away blushing.

 

[Meanwhile on the other side of the cafeteria hiding behind a counter…]

 

“You know how you were talking to me about that new girl in our sports class?” Lia nodded to Yuna’s question.

“If she’s the daughter of the JYP group's CEO like you said she is and… you’re the daughter of the SM corp's CEO,” Yuna moves in secretively, “Don’t get me wrong but does that mean you guys are technically rivals since your families are currently having a fashion war with each other, competing to be the best in the industry?”

“Technically, yes. But I don’t think she knows,” sighed Lia, sipping on some milk tea.

“Who can compete with you, Lia?” Chaeyeon asked sarcastically, joining the table with a plate full of spicy ramen.

“Ryujin’s company, apparently,” Yuna answered as if seeing a plate full of spicy ramen for lunch was normal.

“She’s here now?? OMG, cute! My sister must be so happy to see her! Friends reunited!”

“But I’m not really fond of her…” Yuna mumbled.

Lia smiled at the younger girl, “You know, she has the same surname as you. You two might have some things in common, and maybe be friends one day.”

“As if.”

 

Back to Ryu’s table:

 

“…That’s it, rivalry is what I’m calling this. If she’s the ‘princess’ then I’ll be something above her… yes! The queen!” Ryujin declared loudly, as she took an oversized bite of bread. Ironically, a year ago in her old school – though it seemed like an eternity – she was named as the drama queen.

“Queen Ryujin sounds good.” said Ryujin, eyes fixed ahead on her goal.

“Hate to ruin your dream, buddy. But aren’t you only staying here for a trimester (12 weeks)? Given that, what’s the point?” Her tone was firm.

Ryujin slouched back down, “I know, that’s what I was thinking. My dad says that’s long enough for me to mature before returning to my old school as a new me. He hasn’t told me the other reason why I’m staying here for such a short amount of time…”

 

Lia’s table:

 

“Maybe she’s a spy here to collect intel from you to ruin your company using some cheap trick?” Yuna asked, stealing some ramen off of Chaeyeon.

“She looks… pretty harmless to me. You really think she’ll do something like that? I don't believe it.” Lia replied.

“Of course! Just look at her, staring at us like she’s about to pick a fight.”

Lia didn’t know about the others, but Ryujin’s eyes were definitely on her and her only. She returned her gaze, “No, I feel it’s because she still has a grudge against us for not helping her up when she fell.”

“Pathetically.” Yuna finishe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter