Two-Face

✘ Rosy Business ✘
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After everything that had happened, Ryujin still managed to retain her enormous fashion sense and people stared like they always have. It was like the only thing that’s not alien to her except for this love hurricane that she’s dug herself into. Right now, she was at the door of the tutorial room for her sport science class (SSC). She’s been bailing out this class in particular, just to avoid embarrassment and the princess herself, Lia. But there’s no point if she’ll see F’s on her academic transcripts.

“Move it, pipsqueak. You’re in the way.”

Ryujin recognized her before she even turned around. Her red hair emitting rage and dominance. The attitude was a major turnoff though; way worse than she imagined.

“Where are you looking at? Trying to find Yeonjun? For your information, girls and boys get split during tutorials. You would know if you haven’t been skipping classes,”

Yes, only to find out if he’s also in our tutorial or not. Second, how the hell does she know what I’m thinking? That must mean…

“Lia will be coming soon and loitering around like a mindless idiot won’t do you any good. You could at least find your seat on your own without her.”

Ryujin stared at her in awe. She can read minds. No wonder she’s the smartest one in the school, but… rude much?

“Name’s Yuna, right? I’ve been wanting to say something.” The taller girl crossed her arms, predicting what she’ll say. This time, she expected the unexpected.

“Who knew an Ariel look-alike could act this unpleasantly? Quit following your ‘dear’ Lia around and mind your own business for a change,” Ryujin’s smug look grew as she remembered Yuna’s other name from Chaer’s yearbook, “Husseyyyyy.”

“Y-You!” she was about to lose it until Lia intervened between them just in time.

“I know, I know. It’s a Monday morning, but do we really need to start by insulting each other?” she looked the red-head up and down, “It’s not like you to bully someone older than you.”

Yuna is not the type to back down easily, but if it’s her idol, she has no choice.

“I… apologize. Please forgive me. I was going to help Ryujin to her assigned seat. That was all. Here, follow me.”

Liar.

Regardless, Ryujin gave the most satisfying “mmpfh” knowing that Lia backed her up by going against one of her powerhouse friends.

A middle-aged lady entered in a hurry, nearly tripping over her own feet. “Hey guys! Sorry for my late arrival. Traffic was just…” The teacher noticed a new face.

“Oh! You must be Ryujin! I don’t think we’ve met in our first practical so apologies for that. But since we are in a context that’s appropriate and not so hectic with basketballs being thrown over our heads, we are going to properly welcome you into our sports science class (SSC). How about that?”

Yuna scoffed under her breath while the rest of the class gossiped. Yuna was seated directly behind Ryujin. She leaned forward and pulled Ryujin's chair back on its heel effortlessly.

“Just so you know we don’t do this a lot, so consider yourself lucky to have Professor Oh as your teacher.” Ryujin gulped, stiff as a statue.

“Why don’t we each… any takers of what we should do? An informal toast? Anything will do.” she skimmed across the thirty uninterested faces in her class, making her resort back to being reliant on the school rep lol.

“Lia, I’d like to hear your idea. This will be a great opportunity to deepen our friendship as members of class A. It’s a great thing!” Professor Oh explained cheerfully trying to pump up her class. Geez, I wonder what got into them? Has Ryujin become the unpopular newcomer already? Please Lia, save me from this awkward proposal that I’m trying to make….!

Boredom was written all over Lia’s face... That was when Ryujin knew when to reject.

“Uhhhh, it’s fine, thanks. Um, let’s start the roll call. Or… or… we can do this later? I’m sure everyone wants to get straight into the juicy sciency bits of this course.” She was rambling and knew she sounded hysterical and desperate. Of course, that was because she felt hysterical and desperate. A funny feeling for an attention-seeker.

The school rep finally stood up while nodding reverently, “You’re not wrong, professor. We should make her feel welcomed even if she’s staying for a trimester.”

Hearing her raspy voice had Ryujin’s legs wobbling, while P. Oh was frantically clapping, happy that Lia took the offer.

“Shin Ryujin, come here. Next to me.”

“Oh , it’s starting.” Ryujin tells herself.

When she didn’t answer right away, Lia gave her a sharp look.

“R-Right.” she said at last. So, she gave in and made her way to the front until she was no more than a meter apart, the only proximity that would prevent her from going red in the face.

For that, Lia rewarded her with one of her cynical smiles. But that wasn’t enough. She pulled her closer a bit in front of her.

“I, for one, suggest we make her queen for the day as a way to also make her feel important, blessed and fair,”—she shaped her hands into a crown and nestled it on top of Ryujin’s head—“since she’ll be a great asset to our school too. Won’t you, now?” she then massaged Ryu’s nape for humour.

“W-What are you…” she said slowly, her mind spinning. She didn’t realise her goal will come to life this quickly. Queen Ryujin… honestly, am I dreaming?

Yuna’s eyes narrowed at the flustered Ryujin. Lia would do this much for this girl? A-And everyone’s going along with it.

Without a second thought, she rebelled, silencing the giggles, “You sure are going over the top;

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter