Let It Be Love

✘ Rosy Business ✘
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lia returned back to the grand dormitory whom she shares with Yuna, Yeji and Chaeyeon exclusively.

It was the end of another busy day at school and she was dying to sleep but it wouldn’t be the same if she hadn’t written in her diary. She entered her room, sat on her baby-blue themed bed, and opened a new page:

 

『   Work at the company is getting harder. Father’s stressing about deadlines for major clients while mother’s gotten hospitalised for acute insomnia. Thinking about all that while balancing my work and studies is a killer. Today also marks the 70th time I had to help someone out tremendously. It reminded me… of how I helped Ryujin and Chaeryoung.

As for Shin Ryujin, we finally crossed paths. Honestly, that’s by far the most interesting part of this ordeal. She is definitely the daughter of the JYP Group's CEO. My father’s description of her was spot on: rose gold highlights, cat-like eyes and reckless personality-wise but that’s beside the point of helping. It doesn’t make sense; she doesn’t seem to be a person who would plot something against my company in order to make hers more advantageous. If anything, she should focus on being more mature -.-

Could my father’s foreshadowing be wrong? Or maybe she’s acting like this on purpose? Of course, I know nothing about her. That proves all the more why I have to be careful. As much as I don’t like the idea, I might need to keep my eyes on her just in case she does anything suspicious.

On another note, the poor baby must have felt so discouraged on her first day. I hope I can make it up to her soon maybe in an indirect way since she’s kind of… my enemy. Who would’ve known that she’ll be the one to spice things up around the school while Yeji’s gone.   』

 

As she signed off her entry for the day, her girlfriend texted her.

The mono-lidded girl picked up her phone as quick as lightning, nearly spilling her champagne.

“About time! It’s been so long since we spoke!” A cheesy smile appeared on Lia’s face.

“I-I was just thinking about you. Gosh, I’m so relieved to hear your voice. I miss you so much. You are gone for almost 2 months.”

“Babe, I can’t help it if going on exchange is compulsory. I’ll be back soon, say 2 weeks? You think I want this? It’s literally so boring without you next to me, I’d rather die.”

“Same goes for me,” Lia started, “But this new girl might just be my remedy that I was looking for. She finally arrived, 2 weeks ago just like my father predicted.”

“Who?”

“The one I mentioned to you about. The daughter of my father’s rival?”

“Ooh yeah, that jogged my memory. Aren’t your companies in a heated fashion war right now? I saw it on the news that it has escalated a couple of nights ago. Are you… good?”

“Yep, but the funny thing is, Ryujin may not know that I’m directly related to SM corps. Her family must be on some weed sending her here without informing about me. Tsk, I wonder how this’ll flesh out, you know.”

Yeji couldn’t get enough of her sweet and clear voice. She wanted to tell her that she booked a cruise date for just the two of them but just as she was about to spill the good news, Lia spoke again.

“And I felt so bad. I missed you so much that I mistook her for you. She was wearing the same long, fancy coat that you usually wear on winter days. And her face was so confused when I gave her the back hug that I always give you. I was surprised at how pretty she was too. She could even be prettier than you.”

Suddenly, Yeji was consumed by jealousy but made an effort to ignore that last detail. It was truly gutting to hear another girl’s name (that she hugged!! Mind you.) come out of her girlfriend’s mouth with no restraint at all even though it’s probably nothing serious.

“I dare you to say that again to my face, Miss Lia. I hope I’m just overthinking, but you better not be chasing after cute girls while I’m away.”

Lia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter