Chapter 6 (Final)

Flower In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 (Final)

 

After a week…

 

I crouched down under the small awning in front the flower shop. Funny, usually I will wait for her every morning but now I don’t know what I’m waiting for. I’ve been discharge from the hospital 3 days ago. The doctor said I cannot stress a lot; it was not good for my condition. My mom has been worried about me and I felt guilty about that.

 

I looked up at the sky. Large pillows of clouds were forming. Not long after that, the rain start pouring, wetting the street and entire city.

 

“I met her on rainy day…” I smiled, remember the first day I met her.

 

“Because rain is bringing you here…”

 

“Rain brought me here…” I said before held out my hand, letting it wet with rain. I closed my eyes.

 

 

 

….

 

“Aren’t you cold, Taeyeon?”

 

I opened my eyes and looked up. Red umbrella….

 

“You’re saying a same thing like her, Yul.”  My cousin was standing in front me and looked down at me while holding red umbrella.  

 

“Are you still waiting for that girl?” He asked.

 

“I know she will come” I said. Yul took a shelter under the small awing, standing beside me. He folds his umbrella.

 

“What if she is just your dream?”

 

“She’s not, Yul. I told you.”

 

“But how do you know she’s not? You’ve been sleeping in the hospital for two years”

 

“…”

 

Yul sighed before crouched down too.

 

“Do you like her?” I looked at Yul.

 

“Why do you say that?”

 

“I never see you like this before, Taeyeon. You got mad when we said that is just your dream. I know you like her “

 

“I am…” I heard a chuckled from the guy.

 

“And I’m not crazy, Yul”

 

“I know...”

 

“…”

 

“But are you going to stay like this?”

 

“I don’t know where to find her, Yul. Her house also empty”

 

“We are leaving soon, Taeyeon”

 

“…”

 

Yeah… we will move to LA soon. Mom said I should forget everything about this city and start a new life there but how I can leave, how I can forget when I …

 

“You should start pack you stuff, Taeyeon”

 

“No, I don’t want leave…”

 

“But you always say you want to stay in LA. That’s your favourite place”

 

My favourite place?...

 

My eyes widened. I suddenly stood up, receive wonder stare from Yul.

 

“That’s it! Yul, you’re genius!” I said to him, smiling.

 

“Well…I know I am but why?” I ignoring him

 

There’s only one place left I didn’t go yet

 

Her favourite place

 

….

 

“Hah… hah… ha…”

 

“Come on, Yul. You’re so slow” I stopped walking and looked behind, seeing my cousin was left behind me. We came to mount gwanaksan again because I want to find her. Please… this is only my last hope left for me… to find Tiffany…

 

“Y-you- crazy, why are you bring me to this place? I never go hiking before!” Yul was panting.

 

“To prove that I’m not crazy” I grinned

 

“Whattttt”

 

“Come on” I said before continue walking

 

“Is it still far?!”

 

“Almost there!”

 

“hahaha…” Yul laughed sarcastically as he glance the board beside him. 1km left. “You kidding me…”

 

….

 

“Yul hurry up, we almost there” I pulled Yul’s arm.

 

“N-no… you go… i-I can’t walk anymore” He lied on the big stone where I used to lie there too.  “I don’t care anymore you’re crazy or not. I want stay here. No more walk!”

 

“Aish… fine. You stay here. I’ll be back soon”

 

Yul turn away, and make ‘shoo’ gesture with his hand, telling me to go.

 

….

 

I walked into the thick bush where I used to follow Tiffany. Her secret place.

 

As soon as I steps out from the bush, a small white butterfly welcoming me. My eyes followed the butterfly until….

 

I saw a girl with long hair, waving because of the wind and her back was facing me… but I know that figure, I know that hair, I know that person….

 

That’s her….

 

My eyes widened when she suddenly step forwards and in front her was a cliff.

 

“Don’t go there! It’s dangerous!” I held her arms, pulling her away and I hugged her, protect her head in my arms before we both end up falling on the ground. I slowly let go her head from my chest to look at her.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked, looking deep into her eyes.

 

She stunned.

 

“You shouldn’t go near with that cliff. It’s dangerous, Tiffany…”

 

“T-Taeyeon…” her hand was on my cheek. Her eyes look confused, trying to believe whether I’m real or not

 

 “Hi…”

 

“I-is this really you?...”

 

“It’s me, Tiffany” I smiled. She suddenly escaped from my hug and stood up.

 

“B-but h-how y-you can… I-I m-mean that day you fall… a-and and i-I never see y-you anymore..I-I thought-”

 

I stood up and hugged her. “Shhh… don’t talk again, Tiffany…” I want to comfort her now, I know she was confused. I could felt she clenched harder on my front jacket.

 

“I-I can touch you…” She said

 

“Because I’m real now”

 

“What?...”

 

“I’ve been sleeping for two years in hospital, Tiffany and that time, my soul met you… I met you”

 

“…”

 

“But now I’m real, Tiffany. I’m not a lost soul anymore. I’m a real person” I explain.

 

“…”

 

“When I woke up from my long sleep, I thought it was just a dream. You’re just my dream. But one day, I found a yellow rose beside my bed.”

 

“…”

 

“I tried to find your shop but it was empty… you weren’t there but I know you’re not my dream…”

 

“….”

 

“Everyone doesn’t want to believe me. They said you just my dream. I tried to find you everywhere and I couldn’t find you. I wait you in front your shop, hoping that you will come”

 

“…”

 

“And suddenly I thought of this place, where this entire thing starts. And finally I found you-”

 

*sobs*

 

“Tiffany?’ I broke our hug and look at her. She was crying

 

“Hey, why are you crying?…” She not answered

 

“Tiffany-“

 

“T-The day you fall from the cliff, I never see you anymore. You were suddenly gone. I-I thought I won’t never see you again. I closed the shop and moved to another city because I always thought of you every time I looked at it.” Tiffany said while sobbing.

 

“B-but I-I can’t help coming to this place again because I miss you so bad…” Tiffany looked down, crying. I place my hands on her check, wiping her tears with thumb. I looked into her eyes.

 

“I’m here, Tiffany. I come to meet you”

 

“Don’t leave me, Tae…”

 

“I won’t leave you, Tiffany” I wiped her tears again “And I miss hear you calling me Tae again” I smiled, making her chuckled in her tears.

 

“Babo…”

 

I move my head closer to Tiffany. She stands frozen, from both fear and excitement. I leaned in, so my foreheads rest again her. We close our eyes. Both our breath are shaking.

 

“Thank you,” She said in barely more than a whisper.

 

“For what?” I replied, my voice low and husky.

 

“For being you.” Her voice wavers, exhilarated from the tension between us.

 

I gently leaned in and kissed Tiffany’s lips and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. My hand rested below her are, thumb caressing her cheek as our breaths mingled. Tiffany pulled me closer until there was no space left between us and I could feel the beating of her heart against my chest.

 

We pull apart and open our eyes, staring at each other, deep into each other’s eyes.

 

“I love you…” I whispered slowly

 

She chuckled beneath the salty tears, resting her forehead on mine.

 

“I love you, Tiffany” I said it again. She closed her eyes and smiled, nodding to my confession.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter