1. ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜɪᴇғ

NCT : Nᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ Cʀɪᴍᴇ Tᴇᴀᴍ
I
THE CHIEF
 

The sound of phones ringing, hasty footsteps, mutters and rambles from the station filled her ears the moment she stepped inside. It was just another normal morning at the police station for our detective. She had gone through mornings like these for nearly a decade,  it wasn't hard to grow bored of it. Of course, it was only the mornings that made her bored - your days were a little bit different each day after all. As she passed by the desks to get to her office, she greeted the other officers as they scrambled to stand up to greet her. She didn't mind the gesture, it was a sign of respect after all and she worked hard to get where she was now.  

She closes the door behind her and sits down at her desk. She was still unused to the large room being occupied by only her presence. As much as she was used to going against higher authorities orders, she knew there was no point in asking for her usual desk back considering how she was going to have another new office to work in anyways. Tying her hair back, she began to examine the profiles belonging to her new team members - all chosen by yours truly. In all her years of being a detective, this would be the first time she was allowed choosing her own members. Technically she fought for it but it was definitely worth the hassle. She wasn't going to work with slobs and lazyasses - she had the right people for the job.

After scanning through the profiles for the umpteenth time, she placed it back on her table. She rolled up the sleeves to her blue button down blouse and gathered up the files - the briefing should be starting soon and she should at least make a good impression as the leader of the newly formed unit. Just as she was about to leave, a knock comes from her door. 

"In a minu-"

"I brought your morning coffee!" 

She winced at the sudden loud voice as soon as the door flew open. He would always come to greet her early in the morning and this routine of his had been going on for years yet she never could get used to how loud his voice was. Still, she managed to smile seeing the cup of coffee in his hands. 

He took the files from her arms and handed her the cup of coffee. She let herself feel the warmth seeping through her fingertips as he closed the door. "Thought you needed that before your briefing later," he commented, still smiling at her. His smile was so wide that Haeun thought he was about to tear his mouth from the way he was beaming with excitement. 

She was about to take a sip of the warm beverage when he suddenly pulled her into a tight hug. "I can't believe we're working together again! It's been too long since we were in the same unit. I missed us," he exclaimed, his excitement as clear as day. He looped his arms with hers and the two of them started walking towards the new department together. She wasn't very keen on skinship in general but if it was Ten, she didn't pay much mind to it. 

As they were about to enter the new department, Ten reluctantly pulled away from Haeun once she told him to - it wouldn't be a good impression to have considering it was the unit's first meeting. 

"You'll do great, sweetie!" Ten managed to pinch her cheek after giving words of encouragement to her. Haeun rolled her eyes which made Ten laugh even more - he just loved to , day and night. Finally, she turned the doorknob and both of them entered the room. As soon as they did, all eyes were on her. Ten quickly moved to sit next to one of the guys as Haeun made her way to the front of the room. 

She mentally counted the number of heads in the room and noticed that one person was missing. "Just 30 seconds," she looked down to her watch and began to countdown. Just as the 30 seconds were up, the last member of the team entered. Haeun could easily tell he had ran as fast as he could to get here considering how he was panting, just barely but it was there. She flashed a smile at him, knowing that he just got the news a moment ago. 

"Glad you could make it," she gestured to the only empty seat remaining, "We're just about to get started."

The man settled down next to Ten and Haeun decided it was time to start the introduction. 

"I'm Chief Na Haeun," she introduces herself to the members she would be working with for her future cases. Her eyes scanned all of their profiles - she knew each and every one of them. Now that they were part of her team, she would strive to push them to reach their full potential. She knew what she was getting them into and there was no turning back now. 

"And welcome to the National Crime Team, NCT."

 

 
 AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

A short intro to our Chief, Na Haeun!

- izzy