Faint

Short Stories About Chanwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      “June-hyung. Where are you? I thought you were coming over tonight.” Chanwoo said over the phone, voice sounding as chirpy as ever. Almost like a housewife waiting for her husband to come home to celebrate their anniversary together.

      “Sorry, Chanu-yah. I’m held back tonight. I had so much things to do. I don’t think I can come by even for a while.” Junhoe replied, his voice was grumpy, pissed off at the fact that he can’t come hang out with his significant other.

      Chanwoo smiled even though he knew that Junhoe could not see him. “Well, that’s okay hyung. Job is important after all. Don’t worry, we can hang out some other times.” He said, his voice still indicating that he was happy, no ounce of disappointment nor unsatisfaction.

      “I’m sorry Chanu. I promise we can cuddle all day when I’m free, okay?” Junhoe said sweetly, no, sweeter that honey. Chanwoo let out a small chuckle. After saying a few lines of goodbyes, they hung up. Chanwoo’s face instantly fell from his happy as a lark façade. He drooped his shoulders and made his way to the couch. He threw his phone aside and sighed deeply. Hands covering his face.

      “Work, huh. June-hyung, why can’t you be honest with me?” He mumbled to himself in the darkness and loneliness of his apartment. He stared at the ceiling, making out odd shapes with his mind. He thought he saw a demon, eating his soul slowly from his within. He turned his head away from the creepy image formed by his head to the floor instead.

      “Hyung, you’re bad at lying. I can hear it all.” Chanwoo said, staring at the wooden floor intently. A few drops of tears fell down, but Chanwoo didn’t bother wiping his cheeks. He had no will to do it. He breathed in deeply, his best effort to comfort himself, not the best way but he had no other choice, does he?

      “June-hyung. Am I that stupid to you? Couldn’t you try a little bit harder to hide it?” Chanwoo mumbled once again, hands clenching tightly causing his knuckles to go white. He remembered the call. It was faint, but he heard it. The heavy bass of a blaring speaker. The laughter from patrons who probably enjoyed themselves a little bit too much. The sound of water and doors opening and closing. He heard it all. Junhoe was definitely taking his call in the bathroom of a nightclub, Chanwoo thought.

   

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter