Favorite

Short Stories About Chanwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

              

                “So, Hanbin-ssi, who’s your favorite member among iKON?” A host asked during one of their interviews. After pretending to think for a few minutes, Hanbin said Chanwoo’s name while smiling widely. He then flashed a grin towards Chanwoo while giving him a finger heart. Chanwoo, who was sitting next to Yunhyeong, scoffed and hid behind Yunhyeong’s back. “Aa, Hanbin-hyung is being weird again. Help me, Yunhyeong-hyung!” He said, causing all the other members along with the host, to laugh at his antics. Hanbin stood up and protested childishly. “Yah! Jung Chanwoo! I just like you the most! Is that weird?” He said while pouting and huffing his chest in an exaggerated manner. “I mean, every time we get this kind of question, you always say my name. People might misunderstand hyung!” Chanwoo said while pretending to be upset even though he was smiling wide.

                Hanbin just sat there with his mouth agape, unable to fire back with another statement. The others were laughing their butts off, especially Donghyuk and Bobby who were falling off their seat and clenching their stomachs. “Yeah Hanbin-ah! You like Chanwoo too much. All of us need some of your love too.” Jinhwan in the midst of their laughter. “Hey, I love all of my members, okay?” Hanbin said and it was followed by boos from the others. Hanbin tried to protest but was brushed off by iKON. “Lies! You only care about Chanwoo!” Yunhyeong said while folding his arms over his chest. All of them laughed while agreeing to Yunhyeong’s statement and once again Hanbin couldn’t deny that statement so he just laughed along with the rest.

                “Now, it’s Chanwoo’s turn. Who do you like most in iKON?” The host said, while looking at Chanwoo. Chanwoo wasted no time to answer. “Of course, it’s Bobby-hyung!” He exclaimed with a bright smile and again, the rest of members except Hanbin laughed. “Hahaha. Hanbin-hyung’s love is rejected by Chanwoo!” Donghyuk said while howling with laughter. Poor thing was basically hurting because of excessive laughter. Bobby then walked from his seat towards Chanwoo and gave him a big hug. He then smirked at Hanbin with the smuggest look on his face, bragging about his victory over their maknae. “Yah, you brat! You’re getting it from me later!” Hanbin said while pointing his fingers at Chanwoo. Chanwoo just laughed cheekily while shrugging his shoulders in a ‘I don’t know’ way. The host then moved to the  rest of the members and the interview continued like usual.

                Their interview was finally over after a few hours. The members bowed to the crew and made their way back to their van. Hanbin, Chanwoo, Bobby and Yunhyeong decided to share the same van. Upon entering, Hanbin wanted to sit next to Chanwoo at the back but that spot was taken by Yunhyeong. Sighing in defeat, he took his place next to Bobby who was playing with his phone. He was about to fall asleep but Yunhyeong and Chanwoo were being too noisy behind him. “Yunhyeong-hyung! Can you please be quiet? I want to sleep for a few minutes.” He said in annoyance. “Hey, Chanwoo was the loud one! I was just chuckling lightly.” Yunhyeong said as he felt mistreated. “Hanbin would never scold Chanu, Yunhyeong-ah. At least aside from his mistakes during our practice.” Bobby said while his eyes were still glued to his phone. “Probably why Chanu likes me over him.” He added with a slight proudness in his voice.

                “Yah! That’s not true!” Hanbin retorted causing both Bobby and Yunhyeong to roll their eyes. Chanwoo was just quiet throughout his hyungs’ argument. After all, the youngest shouldn’t interfere when the elders were talking. “Chanu, is it true? Do you prefer Bobby over me?” Hanbin suddenly asked while looking at him intensely. Chanwoo let out a nervous laugh while shaking his head. “No, hyung. I have no favorites over any of you. I only said Bobby because I thought it would be funny.” Chanwoo tried explaining himself. Hanbin squinted his eyes out of suspicion and frowned. “Feels like you’re lying to make me feel better.” Hanbin said, his eyes never left Chanwoo’s.  Chanwoo was baffled for a while. He didn’t understand why this was such a big deal to Hanbin. “Of course not! Why would I lie to you? I have no favorites.” Chanwoo insisted. Hanbin sighed and looked away from Chanwoo while sulking like a child. Chanwoo massaged his temples. His head was hurting trying to understand the situation he was in.

                “Hey, you really don’t like me over Hanbin? Ah, hyung is sad.” Bobby suddenly said while pouting like a child. Chanwoo was again speechless. “Bobby-hyung. Not you too.” He said with a confused look. Bobby just laughed and reached over to Chanwoo’s head. He then proceeded to ruffle Chanwoo’s hair like there’s no tomorrow. “Just kidding, just wanted to make you panic a little bit.” Bobby said with his goofy smile. Chanwoo smiled a little while swatting Bobby’s hand away from his hair. Yunhyeong gave Chanwoo a side hug. “No matter what, you’re my twin. I’ll never let Bobby and Hanbin win over me.” He said, a hint of jealousy in his voice. Chanwoo just chuckled again. “What’s wrong with you guys? It’s not like I’m the only maknae in iKON. June and Donghyuk is also here, you know?” He joked around. The rest of the ride was quiet as the members did their own thing. None of them realized that Hanbin was till fuming on the inside.

                When they reached their apartment, Hanbin went straight into his room without saying much. He only muttered that he wanted to write some lyrics and no one should bother him then proceeded to shut his door. The rest of the members had a slight bad feeling with Hanbin’s behavior. “Is he okay? He sounds upset. Did something happen in the van?” Jinhwan said, with worry plastered over his face. Bobby just shrugged his shoulders. “Pretty sure he was just sulking because Chanwoo didn’t choose him as his favorite member.” Bobby said while rolling his eyes at Hanbin’s childish behavior. “Really? That’s so weird. We all know that Chanwoo’s favorite member is me.” Jinhwan tooted his own horn and Bobby just facepalmed. “Hyung, please not you too.” Chanwoo pleaded from his position in the sofa. Donghyuk who was lying in Chanwoo’s stomach just giggled. “Chanwoo’s favorite member is me, obviously.” He said while switching his position so his head would be on Chanwoo’s chest.

                Chanwoo just laughed at Donghyuk’s statement. He put his arms over Donghyuk’s body and hugged him close. “Yup! My lovely Donghyukkie is my favorite.” He gushed while patting Donghyuk’s head. “Yah! I’m still your hyung, you know.” Donghyuk said even if he was not mad. Bobby, Jinhwan and Yunhyeong smiled at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter