Chocolate

Short Stories About Chanwoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             

                It was a miraculously peaceful day for iKON. No interviews held, no variety programs to be shot and no stages to perform on. It was one of the rare moments where YG finally let these boys rest from any schedules and free to leisurely do any activity their hearts desire. Now, what was iKON’s maknae doing on this blissful mini vacation they were currently having? Of course, playing video games. To be fair, he was recording himself playing for his YouTube channel videos but everyone knew his real intention.

                  After playing a few hours of PUBG with his friends, he was losing his energy pretty fast. He found himself feeling quite sluggish and his reaction time suffered greatly as a cause. So, when bullets were shooting at his character and he needed to heal himself in time, he clicked the wrong thing and his character died. He groaned loudly, in frustration and annoyance, especially when his friends were taunting and laughing maniacally at his small stupid mistake via Discord. “Hey, maybe you should grab an energy booster. Some snacks or energy drinks?” One of them suggested. Chanwoo agreed, thanked his friend and rushed to the kitchen.

                On the way to the kitchen, he saw a few of s lounging in the living room of the apartment. Some of the members living downstairs were also there. Yunhyeong, Jinhwan and Donghyuk were sitting on the couch while Junhoe sat on the floor, back leaning against the sofa. They look so focused on whatever tv program they were watching. “Probably some drama.” Chanwoo said to himself while slightly smiling. Without wasting much time, he continued his journey to the kitchen.

                He rummaged through their kitchen cabinets to find some light snacks to chew on and replenish his energy. After that he proceeded to open the fridge to grab a can of energy drink. As he was about to leave kitchen, his eyes sparkled with joy as he remembered about a bar of chocolate that he hid from his other members. He imagined how the sweetness of the milk chocolate combined with the saltiness of the potato chips, creating a perfect balance of sweet and salty to his mouth. He smiled widely as he made his way to the fridge again.

                “Choco~ Choco~ Sweet and mellow~” He sang, making up the words to his makeshift song dedicated to his love, Chocolate Bar-ssi. Maybe this is the reason Hanbin-hyung is the one composing our songs, he thought to himself while chuckling. He opened the fridge and reached to the back of it, hand swiftly avoiding containers of leftovers and kimchi. However, he his hand felt nothing. His eyes widened as he searched for it in the fridge stubbornly. Every nook and crannies but the sight of his chocolate bar was never found. There was only one conclusion, someone ate it without his permission.

                He fell on his dramatically and let out an unnecessarily loud scream that would probably cause his neighbours to call the cops. The members chilling in the living room quickly rose up and rushed to the kitchen, worried about their maknae. Yunhyeong rushed to Chanwoo’s side, who was currently on his knees and staring at the floor. “Chanu! What’s going on? Are you hurt?” He said, trying to understand what was going on. Chanwoo was silent but then shot up a glare towards him and towards the members behind him. The glare was threatening and cold, it sent shivers down their spine. “Who. Ate. My. Chocolate. Bar?”

                The atmosphere intensifies. The members were sweating even though it felt like the temperature dropped to a negative degree. They all looked at each other. “Well, it definitely wasn’t me, Chanu. I’m not a fan of sweet things.” Junhoe said, crossing his arms in a desperate attempt to appear confident. Chanwoo then looked at Donghyuk who was standing next to Junhoe. “Don’t look at me! I’m not the type to take other member’s food.” Donghyuk defended himself while showing a suspicious nervous smile. “Chanu-yah. Trust me, I have my own stash of sweets somewhere else. Why would I take yours?” Yunhyeong said, with a shaky voice. He aimed his glare at the eldest member. Jinhwan let out an accidental whimper at the sight. “Hey, it’s not me. I didn’t even know there’s chocolate in there!” Jinhwan said, his ear red with embarrassment.

                Chanwoo sharpen his gaze at each one of the members. If looks kill, they would all be dead. Chanwoo inhaled deeply, eyes never leaving the poor trembling members in front of him. Each of the member prayed for their safety in their mind, begging to god to let them at least live to see the dawn of tomorrow. Before Chanwoo could utter another word, Hanbin and Bobby came back home from a walk and saw the scene. A maknae on his knees and his hyungs with faces paler than the dead itself. Needless to say, they were highly confused.  None of them spoke for about two minutes before the silence was broken by Hanbin. “What the heck is happening here?”

                Donghyuk frantically explained the whole situation as best as he can. From the very beginning where they were hanging out, enjoying a midday drama to when Chanwoo was literally killing them with the most murderous look they have ever seen. “And all of this is because that chocolate bar of his!” Junhoe added to Donghyuk’s detailed recount of the entire situation. Chanwoo’s gaze shifted from the four older members to the two that just came back. “Now, which one of you ate it?” The murderous glare was on them and they understood why the other four was trembling with fear. Hanbin denied it, backing up his claim with a tight alibi. Now all eyes were on Bobby. Bobby let out a nervous laugh while scratching the back of his neck. “I mean this is kind o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter