The Unavoidable Future

The Emperor Returns: The Fate of the Legends
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                                                                                  -Pocket Demension, Eons Ago-

  "I think I see something up ahead, it looks like a building" said Kris while pointing

"Maybe there's someone inside!" said Luhan as he ran towards the building and the others followed after him hopefully

They approached a orange, yellow, and blue building surrounded by palm trees, and on the roof of the building, as well as stairs leading to the roof.

"Kokobop Burgers??" asked Suho incredulously reading the sign on the roof the building.

"That's it?" asked Kris to no one in particular "An empty restaurant?"

"I'm happy, I was getting kinda hungry!" said Tao jokingly, trying to lighten the mood.

No one else laughed.

"I don't know if you realized, Tao or whatever your name is, But I'm not really in the mood for any kind of joke, being that we seem to be stuck in some God forsaken place." Baekhyun said in a kind of rude manner.

"Sorry." Tao mumbled while looking at the ground.

"Hey now don't be rude!" Suho interjected "Tao is trying his best" 

"Well try harder" Kyungsoo muttered under his breath, only Kai heard his comment and he bit back his laughter.

Meanwhile Sehun had walked closer to the Building and started started to walk through the curtain that covered the doorway.

The others all gathered closer, suddenly interested in the building again. They slowly walked inside, only to see a completly empty and abandoned building.

"Hello?" Yixing voiced out hoping for another voice to answer, but it was obvious that no one was there expect themselves.

It was dead silence amongst the group until Baekhyun finally spoke up "....Th-there's no one here??...." He said in a shakey voice filled with disbelief

Baekhyun suddenly ran out of the building, pushing past everyone else. "Wait!!" Chanyeol yelled as he followed after Baekhyn. Baekhyun ran up the stairs, up to the roof, he desprerately looked around in hopes of seeing some sort of help or answer to why they're all here.

"There's no one here!" Baekhyun yelled in frustration "We're all alone!!!!!!!!"

"...Um, it's okay Baekhyun, we'll be fine...I'm sure we'll get some help sooner or later" said Chanyeol reasuringly "I think you just have to calm down first."

Baekhyun turned around sharply to face Chanyeol "You think we'll be fine??? You think I just have to calm down?!?! I don't think you understand Chanyeol. We are STRANDED in the middle of NOWHERE!!!!!!! We have no memory of our past or how we got here!!! We've been walking for what seems like an eterninty, just to find this empty Freaking Empty Old Restaurant!!!!! And you're telling me that I just need to calm down?!?!?!? Chanyeol, you need to understand the situation that we're in, and get us out of it!!" Baekhyun shouted at Chanyeol, he then walked down the stairs and into a forest area.

"Well, what was that about???" Chen asked 

"I think we're just sick and tired of being here." Sehun replied sadly "I know I am.."

"All we can do is keep looking" said Luhan reasonabley "We can't give up yet, we still have an entire forest to search" 

"Let's get started then" said Kris, sounding very determined.

"There's got to be something here" said Yixing "if we just keep searching.."

Disappointment followed the 12 of them like a 13th Shadow, from the moment that had Awoken in the field together they had been searching through this Strange Place, they were mentally exhausted and extremely confused about what was going on, but they tried their best to continue searching, but even though they never actually said anything, they all believed in their hearts that they wouldn't ever find any help or any answers.

"But um...should we go get Baekhyun?" Asked Xiumin

"No!" Tao replied firmly

"What??" Xiumin responed confusedly

"Because, I believe that if we want to get some answers and make it out here alive, then we have and stay calm and work together. We can't have even one person Freaking out over the smallest things, Screaming at everyone and then running off somewhere!" Tao continued "It's immature, irresponsible, and absolutly unacceptable!! So if he wants to scream at us and run away, then that's fine! We'll just find help and get out of here without him"

"Well, we're all feeling lots of varying emotions right now, and everyone's different, we all handle emotions differently, so I think you just have to be patient with him and understand things from his point of view" Xiumin tried to reason

"...Fine, let's go find him." Tao said as he stomped away in the direction Baekhyun went, and everyone following soothe.

They retraced Baekhyun steps and followed his path into the Forest.

"Baekhyun!!" Kris called out "Come back!!"

"You don't have to yell" said Kyungsoo as he gestured toward his right "He went that way"

"How can you tell?" asked Luhan in confusion

"Uh... there are f

Please log in to read the full chapter