Chapter 2 - Reconnection

Admire

That day was special for Seokmin because after that day he didn't have to go to school anymore. It wasn't like he never skipped class though, in fact, he skipped a lot. But after this, it would be official.

He wore his school blazer and was ready to go. That day, he went to school from his home, he got two days off for his graduation. His mom, dad, and sister already sat in the dining room waiting for Seokmin to join. He came out a little bit later, feeling so fresh for being home, and joined their family for breakfast.

"My little brother is going to graduate, I can't believe it. All I can remember is just that he was always asking for a cake or ice cream everyday after school. This is why I don't have any money on my piggy bank Mom, you know right?"

His mom just smiled and Dokyeom glared to his sister (cute)angrily while shoving down his mom's best soup to his belly.

"Even in highschool, he still asked me to, with this big body, and wasn't ashamed to pout even in front of his friend if I didn't grant his wish."

"Shhhh Noona, no need to tell story that never happen," Dokyeom smirked, he knew that his sister is witty but not usually told a blank story though.

"I'm not lying, I saw your friend looking at you when you poutted like three and shake your body. Even kindergarden child is more mature."

Dokyeom glared again to his sister in more (cute)angrily way. Still thought that his sister was lying.

"How do you know that friend is my friend? There a hundreds student, and I don't know all of them!"

"Of course I know," and then pointed to a pin in left side of his chest, sounds "My Class is My Second Home". Dokyeom followed his sister direction and saw the pin. Crap!

"A little bit worried now my little brother?" Teasing his baby brother was the best.

"Boy or girl?" Dokyeom couldn't help asking.

"Is it boy? Or girl? Hmmm," carefully got up from her chair and mischieviously smiled to him while walking to her phone.

"Do not escape!!!" Frowning his eyebrows and his eyes followed his sister step.

"I think I got a picture in my phone." Still smiled mischieviously.

"How can you ...," couldn't finish his sentence then got up and run to catch his annoying sister's phone on the desk beside the TV. His sister knew that Dokyeom was going after her then also run and got her phone first. And the morning routine that had been gone since Dokyeom went to train begin. Sibling fight.

"How can he be more and more loud," Dokyeom's father said it calmly while sipping his tea.

"Maybe he thinks that this is his practice room," Dokyeom's mother just smiled.

"Lee Somin, stop it, don't ruin your brother's graduation day," their mom intefered, mean that they should stop. Immediately.

"Spare him, he even had his hair ready by himself," smiled teasingly while watching his son came back to his seat aftermatch and fixing his hair.

"Dad!" Dokyeom glared at her father too now, his annoyed feeling to his sister just released and now was his father's turn. Everybody laughed. Their youngest will be their baby forever. After they calmed down from laughter they continued their breakfast peacefully.

"Son, about the uni, have you applied?" The words after silent was a little bit heavier than before.

"I have Dad, the test is next month, but I don't know, it is a short time for preparation. I don't think I could pass."

"Try to study with that older boy, who is his name? The one that took the same test last year, you said he will try again this year, right?"

"Yeah, he will, his name is Soonyoung by the way," Dokyeom explained. But in his head, if he asked Soonyoung for the study, they will be end up sleeping in his room after playing video game.

"Soonyoung? Sounds unfamiliar, I thought the name end up with 'i' vocal," his father looked confused.

"Aaaaa, Hoshi? They are the same person Dad. Soonyoung is his real name, Kwon Soonyoung. His stage name is Hoshi. Just like me, he also has a different stage name."

"Kids nowadays," his father let out a small comment.

The clock showed that it was the time for them to go. They finished their breakfast than went to Dokyeom's school by their car, Dokyeom's father drove.

"Dad, teach me how to drive," suddenly Dokyeom said the thing that he wanted to do firstly when he became adult.

"You are so busy, how could I teach you," his dad answered. Deep down, that wasn't the real reason. He still tought that Dokyeom was a baby and moreover, he wasn't really good dealing with a thing.

Dokyeom poutted, he even sat on the front seat so that he could watch how his dad drive carefully, and get a yes from him for a driving class. This wasn't the first time he asked his dad, but his dad always said no. 

Pretty U was played in the car. Altough his family always made Dokyeom look like a baby, but deep down they were really proud of Dokyeom for all the things he had done. All the hardships he went through to get to this point, made him more mature indeed, but what is the joy of having maknae, right? They were made for teased.

"What is your favorite seventeen's song?" Dokyeom suddenly asked.

"Who you're asking huh?" His sister answered annoyingly without take her eyes from her phone. Dokyeom just mimicking how his sister speak without sound.

"I love 'Say Yes', not loud," his father answered. Actually he really hope Dokyeom got a chance to sing a solo, because he knew Dokyeom didn't really like to compete and in that big team, he didn't mind to hold back. His father hope the golden voice of his son could be heard by more people.

"I like to listen 'Pinwheel'. The song is so soothing." Actually his mother had the same thought like his father, in fact they often talked about this. But after witnessing how happy Dokyeom when he was around the members, her mother thought that maybe a solo wasn't the best for Dokyeom, at least yet.

"I like all songs without you there," smirked and then loudly scream 'aaaak' suddenly a candy fly to her hands. His sister was, of course, just kidding. Why should she buy him an ice cream or cake if she hated his brother, right?

20 minutes later, they were arrived in Dokyeom's school and when to the school hall. On the way to the hall Dokyeom walked closely to his sister.

"Tell me, hurry!" Demanding the delayed answer about who was seeing him pout like three.

"What do yo mean? Ask properly," made fun of his brother was her favorite thing to do.

"Noona!!!" Dokyeom almost screamed while pinched his sister hand.

"Awwww awwww, oh my god, don't you dare using a violence, you are like 30 kgs heavier than me, so please, brother dear."

"I wouldn't do that if you tell me faster."

"It will be no fu..." Dokyeom hands already placed to pinched his sister.

"Okay, okay," his sister surrender. Dokyeom smiled without any guilty feeling (after he pinched his sister's hand hardly).

Lee Somin opened her phone then typed something and scrolled here and there.

"Hurry!!!" Dokyeom was getting really annoyed, because they were already in front of the door of the hall, after entered the hall they would be separated because there were different spot for student and family. Then he decided to place his hand on Somin's hand, ready to pinch really hard as a threat.

Somin frowned her eyebrows and looked at his brother. Now he know how to threat me other than crying, damn, he was smarter than before. She lifted up her phone and showed it in front of Dokyeom's face.

Dokyeom dropped his jaw. Double crap!

Dokyeom entered the hall with a blank look on his face.

Damn, how could, when, how? Oh my god, I'm ruined!!! His inner soul panicking with that blank face.

The ceremony began, he sat on the second row of his class, and he could see that friend who saw him.

So what if she saw me, doesn't matter, all is in the past, I am a grown man now, right? I even already graduated from highschool. Forget that immature self of mine. All you can see now is the cool Dokyeom!

Like a spell, he keep repeating that paragraph on his head. The ceremony was pretty boring for the hyper soul of Dokyeom until the last event is the award for outstanding students. He was informed the night before that he will receive that award, so that he was ready now.

He was called after Eunha, he just knew her name, her face, and that she is in a group called Gfriend. He put up a big smile, knowing that his parents watched him from somewhere. But the name that being called after him made his smile dissapear.

Be cool, be cool, don't pout, you are a grown man, everything is okay, smile, just smile casually.

And he ended up put on his blank face like when he entered the hall.

Yuju walked up to the stage, smiled at each other happily with Eunha, passed Dokyeom who throw his sight to somewhere, avoiding eye contact, then standing besides Dokyeom.

What's wrong with his face? Is he didn't expect that I'll receive the same award like him, because my voice is no match with his purest strong beautiful voice? Keep calm, keep calm, just smile, there are a lot of camera here, just smile.

The principal gave each of them a trophy and certificate. Dokyeom thought that it will ended after they receive the award, but then there were session while the awarded students stayed on the stage, then if there are any friend of them who want to give them present, was allowed to go to the stage. Dokyeom knew he wouldn't receive any, because didn't have a lot of friend in the school, or junior that he knew. The members weren't inside because they weren't allowed to attend the graduation ceremony. The graduation ceremony is only for all the student of the school and their relatives, and for parents who want to gave their child present the time was after the ceremony finished. 

But what happened in front of him right was definitely the worst. He was on the center of girls laughing with high pitched note, so happy for each other and there was Dokyeom who prevent them from group hug. Eumji went to Yuju, gave her a flower bouquet and hugged her and smile and was saying something Dokyeom couldn't hear then they made a little jumped together while giggling. On his left side Shinbi almost run to Eunha and hugged her, gave her a box chocolate. They hold each other hands and chatted happily. Ah, don't forget the giggle and small jump too.

Watching this scene, all Dokyeom wanted was just go home. The giggle and small jump was running in his head. Why was this 5 minute session felt longer than the whole ceremony.

Then suddenly the MC announced that the session was finished and all the non awarded students asked to leave the stage. The girls around him was panicked, and then Shinbi run in front of Dokyeom to hug Yuju like he wasn't there. Dokyeom startled and step back by reflect, he even could feel the wind that made from the run. Eunha watched Dokyeom that was shocked, gave him a light bow to apologize for her friends. Dokyeom just bowed back with and awkward smile and made gesture that it was alright. But it wasn't. Eunha knew it too. Yuju knew it too.

Dokyeom didn't hate girls, he knew well too how girls' behaviour -more or less- from his sister, but in this time, it was just too much for him to handle.

With the last session ended, the awarded students came down from the stage and gathered with their parents or other relatives. Dokyeom finally smiled again after a big hug from his mother and father although today had not ended yet, his mood already brighten. After ceremony, all the students went to their class to have an intimate farewell with their classmates and their homeroom teacher.

Dokyeom went to his class and met his homeroom teacher. He hugged his homeroom teacher tightly and happyly as soon as he entered the class. He was really feel grateful that she was his homeroom teacher. She helped him a lot, especially trough his final exam, if it wasn't her, maybe he would not make it.

"Thank you very much Ssaem, I made it because of you," Dokyeom said while still hugging her.

"You are doing great yourself Seokmin, don't underestimate yourself. Who do you think for that all these reporter are here, huh?"

That was when he realize that on the backseat of the class was full filled by reporters with their bazoka like camera. He released his hug, and then bow to camera that was when Yuju came in to the class with full of things in her hands.

"Please get closer and take a picture together," a reporter shouted from the back of the class. Dokyeom was flustered so was Yuju, but Yuju able to hide it and smiled and bowed to the reporters as she walked to the front of the class where Dokyeom stood. Seeing Yuju get closer and still feel flustered, Dokyeom just smiled and couldn't decided wether he should bow or wave to her, and he ended up doing both at the same time. Other students laughed watching Dokyeom did that and Dokyeom also laughed at his own behaviour.

So idiot.

Dokyeom had to get his cool image back. He then standing next to her and put up a his most handsome smile and pose to the camera.

After 2 minutes non stop camera clicking sound, the teacher announced now was time to give their personal certificate to each students and asked the reporter to stop the photo session of Dokyeom and Yuju.

Before going back to his seat Dokyeom once again bowed to Yuju, this time with a cooler way than before, he wanna show her that he wasn't that clumsy all the time. Yuju bowed back and went to her seat in the second row from the front, while Dokyeom's was in the last row. After they all received their certificate, they took a class photo together, in front of the class. The noisy sound from the moved chair and table accompanying the steps of all students to go to the photo spot. A groups of girls took a spot near the teacher, a group of boys took a spot in front of the teacher table, another group took another spot full of laughter between them with a sentence like "I wanna show this picture to my future children and tell them that tje one near me is the one who taught me to be naughty" and "Let's meet in the future" and "Don't lose contact, don't change your number" and Dokyeom who got up last because he sat at the back saw a girl who a litle bit losed at the crowd. She just bowed and smiled to those who greeted her and didn't know what to do beside it.

Dokyeom walked up and aim to that spot. To her. He once again want to look cool and walked slowly to her but suddenly he was pushed by Eunki who was behind him until he almost fall but fortunately not. And again all students laughed. Yuju too. Dokyeom saw it. But then he looked back with annoyed face to Eunki but then smiled to him, because he was one of his closest friend in that class, plus, Eunki sat next to Dokyeom in that last row.

"Hurry up Lee Seokmin!" Eunki said with playfull tone and patted on Dokyeom's shoulder and smile back when he saw Dokyeom smiled at him. The two of them were the last to arrived at the photo spot.

Eunki took the front spot near the teacher table while Dokyeom walked to back of the row, closer to the balckboard then smiled here and there and their friends automatically made a spot for him on the back until Yuju felt something crowded behind her back then she look behind her shoulder there was a sharp nosed boy already had a smiling pose to the camera when he suddenly look at her and smiled at her. Yuju was flustered, and turn back his face to the camera rapidly. And she didn't know why her heart skipped  beat.

"Okay everybody look over here, and smile, 1, 2, 3!"

One photo, two, three, and a lot of photo already taken. The formal photo was done and now was selca time. Dokyeom didn't took any selca photo with his friends because he was too lazy to took his phone on his bag where it was put on his desk, in the back of the class. 

Meanwhile Yuju already tidying up her belongings to her bag when suddenly a reporter asked her to take a photo with Dokyeom while holding their certificate. Yuju nodded, agree to do that but got confused when the reporter didn't go to Dokyeom to tell him about the photo but he went back to take his camera instead.

Yuju saw Dokyeom joking around with Eunki and other boys and she didn't know how but she already standing behind him.

"Hi, Seokmin!"

Dokyeom who still talked and laughed with the boys stopped their conversation and turn back to find Yuju already that close to him.

"Hi Yuna, what's wrong?"

"A reporter asked to take a photo of you and me with our certificate before we leave."

"Ah, okay, where is the reporter?"

Yuju pointed a guy who was setting up his camera while walking closer to them. Dokyeom then stood properly beside Yuju and strike a pose with both thumb up. The reporter already took some photos and then stopped, checked how the photo came, and he feel something off.

"Seokmin," Yuju called Dokyeom without facing him.

"Hm?" Dokyeom answered without facing her too.

"The certificate!"

"What's wrong with the certificate?"

Yuju really wanted to slap his own forehead. She turned to Dokyeom then showed him her certificated. Dokyeom saw it then with a shaped mouth he ran to his desk to took his certificate. And his phone. Then walked slowly with a smile back to the photo spot like nothing happen, while holding his certificate proudly. Yuju couldn't help it but smile.

The reporter who saw Dokyeom back with his certificate pointed a thumb for him. He took a couple more photos and they were done. The reporter said thank you to both of them and they replied that with a bow and thanks.

Dokyeom put his hand on his pocket and touched his phone.

Should I ask for a selca or not? What if she doesn't want to take a selca with me? Should I just try?

When his hand with his phone reached the tip of his pocket, Yuju already set, and ready to leave.

"Bye Seokmin, I have to go now. Keep up the good work and see you on top, fighting!" With a big smile she said that to Dokyeom. Dokyeom hurriedly put back his phone and stretched out his hand.

"Of course! Keep up the good work too, fighting!"

Yuju stretch out her hand too and they did a shake hands.

"Bye bye!"

"Bye bye, be careful!"

-

So that was our recent interaction after that graduation day?

Dokyeom sits on the couch in the corner of the practice room. He puts his phone there. The first practice session is over and they get 30 minutes to rest. He opens his phone and goes direct to contact list.

Do I save it as Yuna or Yuju?

He scrolls trough the list and doesn't type. He really focus and he doesn't know that Seungchol has eyes for him. He already watched Dokyeom since the break begin.

Dokyeom is a litle surprised that he has more contact number than he think, and uncosciously he types 'Choi Yuna' and one number left in the contact list. Dokyeom smiles. He has her number, although he doesn't know if it still work or not, at least for now, he knows that he has her number. It already makes his heart warmer than before and his smile stays longer than before. Until suddenly something ruins his warm moment.

"Hey Lee Seokmin! Lee Seokmin! What are you doing with that all smiling face only by yourself, Lee Seokmin!!!!!" Seungchol smiles mischievously while saying that and sprints to where Dokyeom sit.

Dokyeom sees Seungchol get closer so fast, he then clicks the lock button, puts his phone on the couch then runs with a laugh.

"Why are you so happy about? Lee Dokyeom!!!"

They end up running around the practice room until the break over.

They are running out of breath.