Late Night Phone Calls

Heartmate

 

It was already 7:20 PM when Uie got home. She was greeted good evening by their maids and butlers who formed a line right before she comes inside their mansion.

Uie smiled back at them and greeted them as well and then she quickly went in her room to change her school uniform to her usual clothing.

Inside her room, while she was changing her clothes, Uie heard soft knocks coming from outside her room. Uie grabs her shirt before asking who it was. “Who is it?”

“It’s me Uie,” came Jung ah’s voice.

Uie puts on her shirt before walking towards the doorway to open the door. She then, walks towards the door and opened it and there she saw her cousin smiling at her.

“Can I come in?” Jung ah asked.

“Of course,” was Uie’s answer. Jung ah went in and quickly jumps on Uie’s bed.

Uie just sighed as she close the door and lie on her bed. Jung ah sat on her cousin’s bed Indian sit and asked, “What’s up? How’s your date with Kahi-unnie in the library?”

Uie chuckled and slapsJung ah’s shoulder playfully. “You eavesdrop again while I’m talking to Kahi on the phone a while ago, did you?”

Jung ah chuckled as well and answered, “But it can’t be help! I thought you’re going to ask Kahi-unnie out and it seems like it turned out just like what I thought,”

“Hahaha! Silly you. I didn’t ask her out for a date instead--“

“Instead she’s the one who asked you out?” Jung ah continued as grinned at her sister.

Uie slaps Jung ah’s shoulder again while laughing and said, “No! You’re wrong again! She asked me to wait for her in the library and something nice almost happen there,”

“Oh.. what is then?” Jung ah said as she moves a bit closer to her cousin.

“She almost kissed me! And when I was about to go back inside my car, she kissed me on the cheeks!” Uie said as she felt butterflies in her stomach again.

“Ooohh!!! What a lucky girl you are, Uie to be kissed by Kahi-unnie!!” Jung ah said.

Uie just laugh at Jung ah’s reaction but deep inside she was agreeing with Jung ah that she’s a like girl to be kissed by her Kahi unnie but she would be more luckier if only she kissed me on the lips instead.. Uie thought to herself with a smile.

After a few minutes, the two decided to go downstairs and eat their dinner already. After eating, they went back to Uie’s room...

“Jung ah unnie,” Uie called.

Jung ah looks at her and said, “Yes?”

“How long do you intend on staying here in my room?” Uie asked.

“Oh yeah about that, since you’ve already mentioned it, can I stay here just for tonight?” Jung ah said.

Uie smiled and patted her cousin’s head and said, “Of course,”

Jung ah smiled back and gave her a hug. Uie giggled and broke the hug. She sat up at the moment she felt her phone vibrates under her pocket. And without even looking at the caller’s ID, she puts it on her ear and was about to answered it but instead, she heard Kahi’s voice.

“Hi there, Uie!”

“Oh hey.. Kahi unnie,” said Uie as a smile suddenly forms on her lips by just hearing Kahi’s voice.

Jung ah on the other side was already giggling because she knows her cousin is so happy to hear Kahi’s voice which is true. Jung ah moves a bit closer to her cousin so she can hear them clearly. (Especially Kahi)

“Hey Uie, are doing anything? Well, if you are I’m sorry for bothering--“

“Oh no, no, not at all and no again. I’m not doing anything,” Uie said with a smile.

“I see.. well uh.. just wanna say thank you for taking me to the mall and giving me a ride back to my house. Thanks again,” Kahi said.

Uie chuckled and said, “It’s nothing, unnie. I’m just doing my part,”

Jung ah hugs Uie’s pillow and looks at her cousin and mouthed, ‘So sweet, Uie!’ and then she giggled earning her some playful smack on the head from her cousin.

Kahi on the other side heard the giggle but she cannot identify if that is Uie’s giggling so she decided to ask Uie about it. “Uie, do you have someone with you right now?”

“Oh yes, I have,” Uie said as she looks at her cousin who was making fun of her.

A pang of jealousy hits her by knowing that Uie has someone with her. A thought of Uie and an unknown girl suddenly pops out of her head and because of that, the jealousy she was feeling just get stronger.

“Who is it then?” Kahi asked in a jealous tone of her voice.

“Well, it’s Jung ah. She’s currently listening to our conversation and she’s enjoying it!” Uie said as she smirked evilly at her cousin.

“Hey, I’m not!” Jung ah protested.

Uie laughed at Jung ah. “Oh just admit it,”

Jung ah glared at her and shouted, “Kahi-unnie!! Uie can’t stop smiling every time she remembers your voice and especially when you gave her a quick kiss on her cheeks!!”

“What the... h-hey! K-kahi unnie! It’s not true! Don’t believe what Jung ah unnie just said!! She’s lying! I swear!” Uie lied.
“I’ll just call you again later,” Kahi said as she hanged up.

xxx

Kahi sighed heavily as she puts down her phone and look outside the window of her room. Why did I just act like that? I mean when I started making thoughts like that? And when I heard that it was only her cousin why do I still feel jealous? Am I really like that? Oh how I hate being like this... Kahi thought to herself.

Well, it was true. Kahi was jealous because she wants Uie all by herself only. But come on! That was so impossible! (Well, impossible for her only) because Uie might hate her just because of being selfish when it comes to her.

Kahi let out a heavy sigh once again as she grabs her pillow and hugs it. She stayed silent while her mind was on a certain blonde. After a few minutes, she felt her phone vibrates so she grabs it, looks at the caller’s ID, and instantly answer the call.

“Uie!”

“Oh hey.. Kahi unnie.. err.. what’s up? Why did you hung up?” Uie asked.

“Oh yes about that, well, I hung up because...”

“Because?”

Oh great! Now I don’t know what to say next! Congratulations Kahi Park! She thought to herself as she bit her lower lips. “Well.. uh.. it’s because... I was.. mom suddenly called me! Yeah, she called me!”

“Hmm.. are you sure about your answer, unnie?” Uie said.

“Y-yes.. I’m so sure,” Kahi said as she laughs nervously.

“Alright then.. umm.. by the way, I’m sorry about what happened a while we were talking and Jung ah unnie suddenly shouted that lie..”

And because of that, Kahi suddenly remembers what Jung ah shouted about Uie who can’t stop smiling every time she remembers her voice and especial the part where she kissed her on the cheeks. Kahi giggled and so Jessica heard it.

“You’re giggling again,” Uie said.

“Sorry, I’m just happy that Uie baby can’t stop smiling every time she remembers my voice especially the part where I kissed her on the cheeks,” Kahi said with smile and then she added, “Is it true, Uie baby?”

And oh my God! If only Kahi could see the beet red face of Uie, surely, Kahi’s going to tell how cute she was when she's blushing.

"N-no.. I mean, it was just a lie," Uie lied.

"Oh so Uie baby doesn't liked it? Oh I'm so hurt!"

"H-hey! K-kahi unnie! It's not what you think! I.. I didn't say anything like that..." Uie said in a low voice but then Kahi still managed to hear it.

Kahi smiled and said, "I don't get it. Would Uie baby mind going to the point already?" Well, Kahi was not an idiot. She actually know what Uie was trying to say it's just she wants Uie to say it directly.

And because of what Kahi asked, it leaves Uie no choice but to tell it directly. She took a deep breath and... "I actually liked it,"

Kahi almost jump for joy by just hearing it finally. A smile forms on her lips again, indescribable happiness inside her, and butterflies in her stomach. That's it! She mentally shouted to herself. She then said, "I'm so glad Uie baby liked it,"

Uie didn't say anything until Kahi added, "Next time I'll give Uie baby a kiss on the lips,"

"H-hey! U-unnie!"

Kahi laugh at Uie's reaction.

Hours have passed and they were still talking with each other not bothering to take a look at the clock to see if it's already time for them to stop talking and sleep already. But then, as they finally recognize it, they just laugh and decided to continue talking with each other until they feel sleepy...

Uie yawned slightly. "Sleepy?" Kahi asked.

"Yeah.. it seems like we have to stop now and just call it a day and go to sleep now," Uie said.

"I agree... so I guess it's time for me to say... good night and sweet dreams, Uie baby~!" Kahi said sweetly.

Uie chuckled and said, "Good night and sweet dreams to you as well, Kahi unnie,"

And with that, the conversation between them went off.

Both of them was smiling as they close their eyes but then they didn't know they share the same happiness and that hey were just the same on wishing to have a dream about them being with each other's arms or maybe a dream where they're kissing each other passionately.

Kahi smiled and thought, A dream about Uie kissing me would be a great one...