A Day With You

Heartmate

 

It was a very fine Saturday morning and chirping birds could be heard outside Uie’s room.

She was already awake but she was still lying on her bed. She was staring at the ceiling of her room thinking what kind of stuff should be perfect to do today before she goes to school. Should I go to school early and go to the library and read some book? Mmm... nope, I’m not in the mood anyway... Hmm... how about I go to Kahi’s house?.. Oh! Definitely no! I bet she’s still sleeping.. She thought to herself.

Uie let out a frustrated sigh as she grabs her pillow and hugs it. It seems like I don’t have any choice but just go at school right after I’m done eating.. how I wish Kahi unnie is here with me.. Uie thought to herself once again as she closes her eyes.

After a few minutes, soft knocks could be heard coming form outside her door followed by Jung ah  voice.

 

“I’m already awake. You can come in.” Uie said lazily.

The door opens and Jung ah went inside her cousin’s room and closes it afterwards. She walks towards Uie's bed and sat beside her.

“Uie, why are you still here? I mean, don’t you have any classes today?”

Uie opened her eyes and said, “I have,”

“If so, why don’t you take a bath now, dress up for school, go downstairs, eat your breakfast, and..”

“And?” Uie said as she raised her left brows.

Jung ah grinned and said, “And go toKahi-unnie’s house!”

Uie’s ears heat up and at the same time a faint blush could be seen on her cheeks. Jung ah giggled at the sight of her sister’s blushing face. “Stop teasing me, Jung ah unnie,” Uie said coldly.

Jung ah giggled once again. “No seriously. Why don’t you go at Kahi-unnie’s house?”

Uie shook her head and stared at the ceiling of her room once again and said, “No, I can’t. I may only bother her. I bet she’s still asleep and that she will only wakes up a bit late,”

“Oh why is that?” Jung ah asked again.

“She always stays up late every Friday night watching t.v shows because every Saturday her class is only at 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM unlike mine. My class starts at 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM,” Uie said.

“Ahh! I see so that’s why you’re not going at Kahi-unnie’s house instead you go straightly at your school every Saturday,” Jung ah said.

“Exactly,” was Uie’s only reply.

xxx

Kahi on the other side just woke up but she was still hugging her pillow with her eyes still close. She was trying to sleep again but she can’t go back anymore. She let out a sigh as she sat to her bed and leaned her back on the headboard of her bed. I wonder why I can’t go back to sleep anymore... She thought to herself.

She was about to lie back when suddenly she heard her phone rings. She grabs her phone and before answering it, she looks at the caller’s ID first. She smiles and answers the call, “Good morning Uie,”

“O-oh.. good morning unnie..” Uie greeted back in a slight nervous tone of her voice.

Kahi quickly noticed the nervous tone in Ue’s voice. She giggled and so Uie heard it. “Hey, what are you giggling at?”

“Nothing. It’s just, I notice your voice is a bit nervous when you greeted me,” Kahi said with a smile.

Uie let out a frustrated sigh and said, “It’s because, I thought you’re still sleeping and thought that I may be bothering you,”

Kahi smiled at the reason she got from the younger girl. She’s so sweet to be nervous and think that she was bothering me. No wonder, that’s one of the things I like about her. She thought to herself.

“No. Don’t ever think that you’re bothering me. By the way, what makes you call me and don’t you have any classes for today?” Kahi said.

“Oh yes, I have but my classes starts at 9:00 remember? And besides its still early,” Uie said.

“Oh sorry I forgot but wait,”

“What?”

“You’re not yet answering my first question. So again, what makes Uie baby call me?” Kahi said.

“W-well...”

“Well?” Kahi said as she raise up her left brow.

Uie took a deep breath and said, “I just wanna hear your voice..”

Kahi smiled again and was trying her best to stop giggling because of the happiness she felt inside but then she failed on concealing it. “Hey Kahi unnie, you’re giggling again. Did I say something wrong?” Uie asked.

Kahi shook her head and answered, “No, I’m just happy.”

“About what?” Uie asked once again.

“Secret~” Kahi said in a sing song tone of her voice.

Uie just laugh and so Kahi joined her. After a few seconds, the two stops from laughing.

xxx

Uie was sitting inside the library. She was reading a book while waiting for her Kahi unnie.

Well, a while ago she said she doesn’t want to go to the library and read some books because she’s not in the mood but when Kahi told her to go there and wait for her, she didn’t waste any time and went there.

Oh really, when you love someone, you’re really going to do whatever he/she asks you or you’re really going to do anything just for that lucky person that you’re so crazy in love with. And yeah, it seems like Kahi was one of those people who do that kind of things just for the person she loves.

Maybe I’m like this because I’m really in love with her... no! Not just I’m in love with her! I think it’s because I, Kim Uie really, really do love Park Kahi with all of my heart! Uie thought to herself happily as she closes her book she was reading and put it on the table.

“She’s everything a man.. well, a girl to be added would ever want to be with forever,” Uie said to no one as she leans her back on her chair and close her eyes. And I wish I can be the lucky girl who can get her and be with her forever until the of end time.. She thought to herself once again with a smile.

She stayed like that for a couple of minutes remembering every last minutes that she and her Kahi unnie were together talking, laughing, fooling around with each other, and best of all whenever they are with each other’s arms. And since she was in her own world, she didn’t recognize or even sensed Kahi’s presence who was already sitting opposite to her.

Kahi was enjoying the sight of Uie’s face and at the same time, she can’t help but giggle. Since she can’t handle it anymore, she decided to say something and let Uie hear her voice to get her attention.

“My, my I suppose Uie baby didn’t fell asleep while waiting for me again,” She said teasingly.

Uie’s eyes burst open at the moment she heard Kahi’s voice and at the same time she can feel that her cheeks were burning because of embarrassment. “k-Kahi unnie!”

Kahi laughed at Uie’s embarrass expression and stuttering.

“H-hey! Kahi unnie! Stop laughing like that! You’re even making it more embarrassing!” Uie said.

As much as Kahi wants to stop, she just can’t because it’s so rare for her to see the embarrass Princess plus here the stuttering of her dear princess.

Uie twitched her brows. Kahi looks at her and wipes the tears off of the side of her eyes half laughing and said, “I’m sorry Uie,”

Uie didn’t say any word and just stared at her in an annoyed manner.

Oh shoot! This is not good! I bet I really made her angry! Ooohh!!! I’m so idiot! Kahi mentally shouted to herself.

“Hey Uie, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to annoy you,” Kahi said.

And again, Uie didn’t say any word instead she looked away. Ooh!! What have you done, Kahi Park?! Kahi mentally shouted to herself again as she went on her panic mode. She stands up from her chair and transfers next to Uie, snatch the Honey thighs’ right arm and started saying sorry again.

“Hey Uie!! I’m really sorry!! I promise I’m not going to do it again--“ Kahi was cut off at the moment Uie suddenly turns which makes their faces inches away from each other’s.

Kahi fell silent and Uie has this surprise expression on her face. There was a couple of silence between them. Their eyes met and after a few seconds, slowly their eyes began staring at each other’s lips. And by just staring at each other’s lips, it makes them hard to breath, hearts began beating faster, and lastly, they felt like there was something pushing them to close the gap between them and taste each other’s lips.

Kahi was about to gave in and kiss Uie but before she could do that, reality hit them hard on the head telling them that it’s not yet the right time for this.

The two quickly move away with their face both red. And yes, there was a complete silence surrounded them again. Kahi in the other side was dying to say ‘I’m sorry,’ again but she just can’t say it because: first, her mind was still on the previous moment that they have and second, she’s too embarrass and doesn’t know how can she say those two simple words.

Uie on the other hand was like that too, but she only has one reason and that is, she’s embarrassed as well.

A few minutes have passed and they were still not looking each other nor even say what they want to say. Kahi was about to say sorry now, but she was stop at the moment Uie suddenly speaks.

“I’m.. I’m sorry, Kahi unnie..” Uie said.

Kahi titled her head up and looks at Uie. “U-uie.. I.. you’re not the one who should say sorry here. I’m the one who should. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to annoy you and umm.. you know.. about that thing.. I mean when I was about to..”

Uie’s cheeks flared up again as she gets what Kahi means. The part where Kahi was about to kiss her. “N-no.. it’s okay.. no need for saying sorry again and again,” she said as she looks at Kahi and smiled reassuringly.

Kahi smiled back and asked, “So does that mean, Uie baby is not angry at me anymore?”

Uie smiled and nodded her head in response. “Yay!! Thanks, Uie! I promise I’m not going to do it anymore! I swear!” Kahi said as she hugs Uie.

Uie chuckled and mumbled, “I can’t be angry with the one I love,”

xxx

“What?! You almost kiss Uie?!” Lizzy said in surprise tone of her voice.

“Ssshh! Hey keep your voice low, Lizzy! Mr. Kim might hear us!” Kahi hissed.

“O-oh.. yeah, yeah sorry.. so is it true?” Lizzy asked.

Kahi nodded her head in response and smiled. “Oh! What a lucky a girl you are!” Lizzy giggled.

Kahi chuckled and slapped Lizzy’s shoulder playfully and said, “Silly,”

Lizzy chuckled as well and asked, “What’s your plan now, Park Kahi?”

“Dunno but really, that feels like forever! By just looking at her eyes, I can’t help but feel like, melting!” Kahi said happily.

“Hahaha, I bet Uie was like that too and you two are lucky, Dambi’s absent today or else she’s going to throw endless teases about you and Uie,” Lizzy said half laughing.

“I agree,”

xxx

And so later that day, Kahi waited for Uie at the usual place near the parking lot of their campus. Uie invited Kahi to go with her in the mall and since Kahi doesn’t have anything to do, she accepted Uie’s invitation. The two spend their time malling, playing in the arcade, eat ice cream together or in short, the two spend their time having fun together.

It was already quarter to seven when the two decided to go home. Kahi was about to go now but then, Uie grabs her wrist preventing her from going away.

“Unnie, you’re not taking the taxi, I’m going to give you a ride back to your house instead,” Uie said.

“But..”

“No buts, Unnie. It’s final. I’m going to give you a ride,” Uie said once again.

Kahi just let out a defeated sigh and went inside Uie’s car. Uie smiled at her and said, “I just want to assure that you’re going home safe and sound,”

Kahi smiled back and gave Uie a hug. “Thank you very much, Uie.”

“It’s nothing Unnie,” Uie replied back.

Kahi giggled and put on the seat belt and with that, Uie started driving. Sweet, loving, and caring... that’s what I like about you..

As they finally arrive, Kahi’s mother thanked her for giving her daughter a ride back from their house. Uie told Kahi’s mother that it’s nothing and after that, she bid her goodbye at them but before she could go inside her car, Kahi called her.

“Uh yes? Anything you need, Unnie?”

Kahi didn’t say anything instead she moves closer to her and place a soft kiss on Uie’s cheeks. Uie in the other side was so shock! She’s not expecting this kind of thing and before she could react, Kahi smiled at her and said, “Thanks, Uie!”