seven

Tadoma | Kim Jongin Fanfiction

 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

 

“Kyungsoo, open the door!”





 

Chanyeol continued knocking on the door, each time getting louder until Kyungsoo finally broke from his haze. “, Chanyeol’s here,” he spoke quietly, not wanting the man outside to hear, though he made no move to get up and let him in, infact, he and Jongin stayed there giggling with each other and sharing a few more kisses.

 

“Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol yelled for the final time.

 

“Alright, alright! Give me a second.” Not wanting Chanyeol to break down the door in a fit of rage, Kyungsoo got up from his spot and shuffled over to the door, dragging his feet along the way. He unlocked the door, taking a running start, he leapt back onto his bed, “Come in!” He shouted to the door as he scrambled to pretend to be eating while shoving one of Jongin’s books into his hands; Jongin happily playing along, he lazily traced the braille lettering with his fingers.

 

Chanyeol was angry that Kyungsoo made him stand out in the rain for several minutes, and when he finally got inside he was shivering and soaked. “What the took so long? It’s freezing out there!” Chanyeol complained as he headed straight to his wardrobe; fetching out a dry pair of clothes.

 

“Sorry,” Kyungsoo apologized, honestly shocked that Chanyeol hadn’t noticed the third presence in the room, “I got distracted by the movie.” Even though his stomach begged not to be fed anymore, he took a large bite and resumed the movie to make it more believable. “What are you doing back so soon? I thought you were going out with Sehun and Jongdae.”

 

“They ditched to go to a party.”

 

Kyungsoo heard the disappointment in Chanyeol’s voice, nonetheless finding it strange that he didn’t join them. “Why didn’t you go with them? You like those parties, right?” He was genuinely curious about the reason.

 

Chanyeol finished dressing and flopped onto his bed, looking up at the ceiling for a moment before closing his eyes, “Wasn’t invited,” he stated simply, sounding a bit grumpy. “What are you doing here?” he rolled onto his and propped his head on his arm, looking at Kyungsoo he finally realized they weren’t alone. “Are you kidding?” Chanyeol sat up in a flash, pointing at Jongin, “The is he doing here?”

 

The film was once again paused, a few clicks and the tv was shut off and a puffy sigh was released. “Baekhyun, his roommate went out tonight, so I was keeping him company.” Kyungsoo explained, remaining calm as he did.

 

“You’re babysitting him?”

 

“No, that’s not what I meant-”

 

Chanyeol stopped him from finishing his sentence, saying something that left Kyungsoo dumbfounded; “It’s fine, he can stay.”

 

Kyungsoo just sat in silence, not wanting to take the offer for granted. He was more than happy to let Jongin stay a while longer, giving Chanyeol a small nod of appreciation. “If you’re hungry, there’s leftovers on the desk.” he said, leaning back against the wall as he looked at Jongin who was still reading, paying no mind to anything around him. “I wish you’d give him a chance, Chanyeol.” He meant it what he said, he knew that Jongin was a kind and giving person, unable to hurt a soul; pure innocence. “He’s really not what you guys make him out to be.” Chanyeol only slurped down some of the soup, watching Jongin with a raised eyebrow.

 

“We’ll see about that.”

 

Jongin closed his book and set it aside, the sudden action causing the other two to land their gazes on him. He stood and used his cane to excuse himself to the restroom, puzzling Chanyeol. “Aren’t you going to help him?”

 

Shaking his head, Kyungsoo pulled the blanket over his legs, “He’s not stupid, there’s no need to help him. I already showed him before, so he’s okay on his own.”  Jongin had needed to use the restroom earlier and had asked Kyungsoo to help him there, which he did. Baekhyun had told him that Jongin was able to very quickly remember navigation, as long he had guidance the first time exploring some place new.









 

After the day Sehun insulted Jongin, Kyungsoo told him about the three friends, and now it was nerve racking to be in the same place as one of them, let alone trying to talk to them. Jongin was sceptical of everything; refusing to us use tadoma with Chanyeol or Kyungsoo while he was around the taller male. Kyungsoo understood why Jongin was acting the way he was, but began getting frustrated with the situation since he wanted there to be peace between the two. All attempts to get Jongin to cooperate were failed and thrown out the window, not much could be done at this point. Just as Kyungsoo was read to give up, a quiet beep rang through the room.

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

It came again, sounding a bit muffled, yet close in distance. The pager.

 

Already knowing Jongin was the only person in the room with the device, Kyungsoo retrieved it from the belt loop of Jongin’s jeans. He rushed to get to the wall phone, dialing up the number that flashed on the tiny screen. It rang a few times before the other line was picked up.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey, Baek. What’s up?”

 

“I just wanted to check in on my Nini… how’s he doing?”

 

“Well, we came back to my dorm to watch a movie- Chanyeol would you shut up?” There was pause, muffled bickering of the two students heard by the other. “Sorry about that. Like I was saying, we came to my dorm for a movie. Chanyeol came back early, so now Jongin’s grouchy and refuses to talk with either of us.”

 

“Sounds like typical Jongin,” Baekhyun laughed, “Just tell him I won’t be home until tomorrow afternoon, and promise me you won’t let that yoda looking er hurt him. I won’t hesitate to beat both of you.”

 

Kyungsoo let out a soft chuckle, glancing over at Chanyeol and Jongin who looked like teen girls giving each other the cold shoulder. “I promise I would never let such a thing happen. You don’t need to worry so much.”

 

“Thanks again, Soo. It means a lot.”

 

The call was ended and Kyungsoo put the phone back on the hook, he had an idea.

 

 

 


 

 

Sorry for the late update! I wasn't feeling well today so I was in and out of sleep most of the day. I kind of got stuck with this chapter... I didn't know how to go about it but, I promise the next will be better!! As always, thank you for the nice comments and upvotes <3