nine

Tadoma | Kim Jongin Fanfiction

 

Baekhyun had set his things on the table, not even thinking before he slapped Jongin’s hand on his cheek while poking the mark on his skin, “Explain mister, you’re in big trouble!” he was hovering over the Jongin, who was startled by the sudden presence, “I leave you alone for one day and you decide to act out!”

 

Even if he couldn’t hear, he could tell how angry Baekhyun was, “Baek, let me talk.” he sat up straight and pulled the brunette down to sit next to him, “I knew what I was doing, if I was uncomfortable, I would have stopped it.” his face had an expression of seriousness on it as he spoke, “I asked for it, Baek. I asked for him to stay and even asked for the kiss.” he said, hoping Baekhyun would understand.

 

“Look, I know you like him, Jongin, but you two only met like what.. Three weeks ago at most?” he took hold of Jongin’s free hand, giving it a soft squeeze, “I don’t want you to rush into anything and end up regretting it later. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

 

“Just because I can’t see or hear, doesn’t mean I’m incapable of thinking things through.”

 

Baekhyun heaved a sigh, “I know that, but you’re still young and naive. Don’t yourself over.”

 

“It was only a short make out, what’s the deal?”

 

“The deal is, you were only thinking upon acting. Not before or about what will happen after. Get it through your head.” Baekhyun was definitely going to have a chat with Kyungsoo later on. “All I’m saying is don’t rush into this.” He concluded his argument and stood from his seat, leaving Jongin grumping on the sofa as he stuffed his pager into his pocket along with his dorm keys. Without a second thought, Baekhyun left his dorm just to speed walk to Kyungsoo’s; knocking thrice on the door upon arrival. It only took a few seconds for Kyungsoo to open the door and Baekhyun to barge in. There was no time for greetings, Baekhyun already throwing out a question. “What was that little stunt you and Jongin pulled last night about?

 

Kyungsoo mentally cursed himself, closing the door and following the angered man to the kitchen. “I’m aware it was not the best move-”

 

“The hell it wasn’t!”

 

“Baekhyun, listen, I didn’t plan for any of that to happen. We both got a little carried away, but I cut it off before it went too far.” he explained, trying not to escalate the situation.

 

To say the least, Baekhyun wasn’t having it. “You of all people should know better! Jongin is naive and doesn’t know about what he’s doing. He can’t differentiate true feelings from infatuation.”

 

“I know! Baek, I promise my intentions are never to harm him, nor use him.” Kyungsoo crossed his arms over his chest, “I understand your worry, but you have to realize Jongin is a grown man. He’s intelligent, I have little doubt that he wouldn’t speak up for himself. Now, I do agree things got out of hand too fast, but I can assure you I already decided for myself not to let it happen again.”

 

Sighing, Baekhyun gave in and calmed down, glaring at the other male for a moment, “don’t move into anything so soon. I trust you with him, but I don’t want impulse choices be the demise of your relationship.”






 

Kyungsoo spent the rest of his day reflecting on what Baekhyun said, he was right. Thinking on a whim like they did last night wasn’t going to do them any good. He imagined that if things had gone further, they might have ended up with worse consequences and he honestly thought it might take a few days for him to get his head on straight again. “Chanyeol, I swear if you tell anybody about what I’m going to tell you, I will strangle you with my bare hands.”







 

It had been a few days since Jongin had met with Kyungsoo, Baekhyun advising them both to take time to think about what they want and what the outcome should be. After long talks with Baekhyun, he and Jongin both determined that there were hints of true attraction and genuine feelings linked to those. Surprisingly for Kyungsoo, Chanyeol hung out less with Jongdae and Sehun, and was more willing to listen and give Kyungsoo some advice, considering he’s been through the loop quite a bit. Kyungsoo already knew deep down that he liked Jongin, but it was different than just a friend kind of like, and Chanyeol told him to it up and tell him already.

 

4 weeks exactly to the day of meeting, a whole month and the semester was ending soon. Semi finals busied the students with studying and tests, giving little to no time for Jongin and Kyungsoo to interact, but on this day, Kyungsoo to take him to lunch. He wanted to explain everything as well as hear what Jongin had to say. He had everything planned out, even memorised the list of things he wanted to mention. So when class was dismissed, Kyungsoo waited behind until Jongin was ready to leave. He tapped his shoulder twice, earning a groaned “What do you want?” just like the first day they met. Kyungsoo took Jongin by the hand and lead him out of the building. “Soo? What are you doing” he asked, reaching out until his hand made contact with his face.

 

“Taking you to lunch, is there a problem?” there was a short silence as he continued walking, eventually crossing over a grassy area, “Here, sit.” He skipped class that day to take time and prepare a picnic for the two of them, having already set everything up before he picked Jongin up.