eleven

Tadoma | Kim Jongin Fanfiction

 

School was back in session, it was now the beginning of January; snow covering the ground as the bittercold intensified with every gust of wind. Students were already settled back into their dorms and ready for the first classes of the new semester. Jongin was sprawled out on Baekhyun’s bed as the two chatted, laughing at each other’s funny stories from the break. “I can’t wait to see him again,” Jongin said, smiling ear to ear. Baekhyun saw the sparkle in Jongin’s eyes as he spoke, knowing exactly who that he was. He had gotten a call from Kyungsoo earlier the day saying he would be taking the bus that afternoon, and should be arriving the next. Anticipation filled the atmosphere around the two college boys, leaving them to lay in silence; wondering about the future of their day. Jongin had declared he was going to suffocate the older male for taking an extra day to get back to campus, and Baekhyun had warned him not to.

 

The hours seemed to count down two times slower than any other today as Jongin sit in bed reading his book, waiting for Baekhyun to return from the grocery store so he could finally eat dinner. He complained to himself in the silence of his own realm of reality, wishing he could travel forward in time.







 

When Baekhyun spoke with Kyungsoo on the phone, he was told to keep his true arrival time a secret and to just tell Jongin he was going to be late, so that’s what he did. Baekhyun gathered up his things and alerted Jongin as to where he was going, though he left out the detail about picking Kyungsoo up from the bus stop. “Baek!” Kyungsoo called as he pushed through the crowd towards the petite man, “It was such a bumpy ride, I think my spine shrunk a few inches.”

 

The two laughed and spoke while they headed to Baekhyun’s car, “Jongin is going to freak,” he grinned as he started the car, “Poor boy has been so bored, he even threatened to tackle you for taking so long.” Their laughter grew, both smiling ear to ear, “So why did you want Jongin to think you were arriving tomorrow?” Baekhyun asked.


 

“I wanted to surprise him,” He stated simply, watching through the window as trees and local buildings passed by.

 

The ride back to the dorm was mostly quiet, though there was small talk every few minutes. Kyungsoo suggested stopping by his dorm first to drop off his luggage, Baekhyun helped him unpack before taking them both to Jongin and Baekhyun’s dorm, fiddling with the key for a second before he finally unlocked the door and swung it open, groceries in hand. “I’ll be making dinner soon, so if you’d like to stay, you’re more than welcome.” He explained as he busied himself with putting away said groceries. Kyungsoo only nodded, digging through his bag and pulling out a few books, setting them on the table. He also pulled out a small bag, filled with some of Jongin’s favorite snacks and treats.

 

Kyungsoo looked to Baekhyun, sorting through the snacks, “It was a pain in the trying to find these books in braille, I had to go to a special book store that was a couple hours away.” He chuckled and stacked the books with two of the food items, giving the rest to Baekhyun, “Don’t let him eat them all at once.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll hide them from him,” He joked, setting the bag on the counter,  watching as Kyungsoo approached Jongin with his hands full.

 

Jongin still hadn’t realized anyone was inside the dorm with him until he felt a lingering figure above him, making him question who it was and if he was safe or going to be robbed, he called out, “Baek, is that you?” Kyungsoo stared at Jongin for a moment before glancing at Baekhyun, who seemingly read his mind and gave a slight nod of approval. He took the opportunity to kiss Jongin’s forehead first, then his nose and each of his cheeks before finally landing a soft kiss on his lips. The wide grin that appeared on his face couldn’t be helped as he watched Jongin’s facial expressions change from confusion to pure joy once he recognized the pair of lips that danced across his face. Almost immediately, Jongin wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo and pulled him into a tight bare hug, “I missed you so much!” He cried, “What are you doing back early? I thought you were coming tomorrow.”

 

“I wanted to surprise you, is there a problem?” Kyungsoo asked once Jongin cupped his face, though he was asked to repeat himself due to the fact that he was smiling too much, making his lips unreadable. “I brought you something, too. Would you like it now or later?” he asked, referring to the books and treats.

 

“Now, please.”

 

Kyungsoo then grabbed the three books and placed them in Jongin’s lap, letting him explore the hard surfaces himself until his fingers found and traced the braille lettering on the covers; Pet Sematary, Cujo, Four Past Midnight. The three books from his favorite author that Jongin had mentioned he wanted to read, but could never find the braille copies. He was beyond happy, unable to hold back his gleeful hums and the smile on his face. “Happy?” Kyungsoo sat next to him on the couch, getting an eager nod in response.

 

“I don’t think you even needed to ask,” Baekhyun coughed, “Just look at his goofy face.” He and Kyungsoo  laughed. It was true, his face truly said it all, along with the way he squeezed Kyungsoo like there was no tomorrow. It was a sweet moment to share with one another, Jongin and Kyungsoo cuddled on the sofa as Baekhyun worked on cooking for the three of them.

 

Soon they were all sat at the dining table with their plates full in front of them on the wood surface, they all shared stories about their break and told about the places they went. Kyungsoo had stayed at his family home the entirety of the break, spending time with his parents, siblings, aunts and uncles, it was a warm gathering for him. Baekhyun and Jongin went out of town to an amusement park for a few days then came back to visit Baekhyun’s family and friends.








 

Dinner went well and Jongin sought Kyungsoo out as he left to go back to his dorm, not ignoring the soft peck Kyungsoo planted on his lips before he shut the door. He immediately melted into the comfort of his bed, sighing happily he rolled onto his side to make room when Baekhyun joined him. “I like him so much, Baek.” the sentence sounded chipper with dreaminess, Jongin having closed his eyes and curled up next to his friend.

 

“So, what do you want from it?”

 

“I don’t know-”

 

“Bull,” Baekhyun stopped him, “I see how happy you get when he’s around, so much so that it makes me happy to see you together. Now, when I asked you again, I want an honest answer, got it?” Jongin nodded. “What do you want the outcome to be?” There was a moment of silence, Jongin racking through his thoughts as Baekhyun waited patiently.

 

“I want him to be my boyfriend.”

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Im sorry i keot yall waiting for a few days!! i just kind of got a little unmotivated and my sleep schedule is wacked out, but here's the update!! i thought itwas super cute and i hope you guys think so too. thank you for all the supportive comments and feedback!! i will probably update again later today or early tomorrow! <3