Trying to fit in

Roommates

Over the weekend, Hobi and V gladly helped Jungkook move him stuff from Busan to Seoul. 

"So these are your new roommates? How did you meet? Are they classmates too?" His mother asked, excited.

Hobi laughed.

"No ma'am, we were looking for a roommate. We put out flyers and he saw one. He showed up for an interview and seemed like the best fit." He said, smiling.

"But he doesn't have a job. How would he-" his father started.

"We said we'd help him find one sir." V said, noticing Jungkook blushing, embarrassed.

He gently squeezed Jungkook's shoulder.

"He needs friends in Seoul." His mother whispered sternly to her husband. 

His father shrugged. 

"I know. But he'll get kicked out before long if he can't pay rent-"

"Can we just get back to packing?" Jungkook said bitterly.

Finally, a while later, all of Jungkook's stuff were packed up and ready to go. 

"Oh! Jungkook, I have a present for you." His mom said, smiling warmly.

"I made you fresh Jam from the peaches in the backyard. Also, some sandwhiches for you boys since it's a long ride home. I figured you'd be hungry." 

He smiled.

"Aww mom, thank you." He said, hugging her tightly.

"I'll call you when we make it home." 

She kissed his cheek and then looked at Hobi and V.

"And you two, please, take care of my son. I understand he's the youngest out of you all. Try to help him break out of his shell a little. He's naturally very shy and introverted." She said.

The two nodded.

"Sure." V answered.

Finally, the three were on their way back to Seoul. Hobi was driving, V and Jungkook were sitting in the back, Jungkook started getting really tired and laid on V's shoulder to take a nap. V smiled and looked at Hobi. Hobi looked back through the rearview mirror, laughing softly. Once they made it back into town, V gently shook Jungkook to wake him up.

"Hey kid, we're home." He said.

Jungkook looked around tiredly, yawning.

"What time is it?" He asked, his voice weighed heavy with sleep.

"10:30pm." 

V and hobi helped Jungkook carry stuff into his room. He'd share a room with Suga. Much to his dismay. Suga was sleeping, but then heard the door open and movement around the room.

He groaned, annoyed.

"What the hell are you doing?" He snarled, angerily.

"You get a new roommate buddy." Hobi said, happily.

Suga rolled his eyes.

"I'm stuck with the new kid huh? Why not Namjoon? Or Jin or-"

"Because you have the biggest room that fits 2 beds. Don't be such a baby." Hobi said sternly.

Suga sighed.

"Fine." He said without much more protest.

After most of Jungkook's stuff was all settled in, it was near midnight, he quietly, slowly walked into his shared room and flopped down on his bed.

"U-uh...hi. i-i'm Jung-"

"I remember. Go to bed." Suga said coldly.

"O-oh..okay." Jungkook muttered.

He tossed and turned. He felt so strange. He was nervous. Why couldn't he share a room with V or Hobi? The next morning, he woke up, stretching and yawning loudly. Suga's eyes shot open, irritated.

"Can't you yawn quieter?" He asked.

Jungkook stayed quiet and left the room to get breakfast.

"Morning Jungkook." Hobi said, happily.

"He suddenly frowed. 

"Jungkook, what's wrong?" He asked.

Jungkook shook his head.

"Nothing." He replied.

"You sure? You look glum." 

Jungkook smiled slowly.

"I just...don't think he likes me much." He said shrugging.

Hobi laughed.

"Who? Suga? That's just because he's a grumpy old man. Trust me, he's hard to get used to at first but once you earn his affection it's yours forever. Just give it time. You just got here anyway."

Jungkook nodded slowly, smiling.

"Thank you"  

After breakfast, Hobi and Jungkook finished putting the rest of Jungkook's stuff in his room or the storage closet. Hobi and V seemed to be the only once she actively making an effort to help Jungkook feel better about being here. Every time Jungkook would walk down the narrow hallways of the house, instead of be careful not to bump into him, the others would bump into him, slap his phone or book out of his hands and snicker while doing it. One day, Jungkook went to get some jelly out of the fridge, the one his mother so selflessly prepared, and noticed half of it missing already. He furrowed his brows.

"What the hell?" He said. 

He rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

"Hey kid." Jin said, grabbing a spoon and taking jam from the container to eat it.

Jungkook stared, shocked and annoyed.

"You couldn't just ask?" Jungkook said firmly.

Jin smiled, shrugging.

"Hey, don't get so grumpy. We share everything in this house."

"But...my mom made this...I don't mind sharing but it's polite to ask.." He said slowly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt your feelings?" Jin said talking in a baby voice, almost as if he was mocking Jungkook.

He laughed walking away.

Jungkook sighed.

He wished his roommates would be a little more thoughtful.