The new kid

Roommates

Namjoon sighed as he ripped the eviction notice from the door. He shook his head as he entered the house. 

"Namjoon? That you?" A voice called from the kitchen.

"Mmhmm." Namjoon mumbled.

Jin smiled at him.

"How was your day?" He asked.

Namjoon shrugged. 

"Fine. Until I got this..." He answered, worried.

Jin took the paper from his hands, cautiously reading it.

"O-okay well look, it says here that if we find a roommate within 90 days, we'll be able to keep the house! It should be easy. Let's hang flyers and post online. Don't worry, Joon." Jin said with a reassuring smile and a hug.

Namjoon smiled, hugging him back.

"I hope so." He muttered.

Over the next few months, Namjoon, Jin, and the other roommates got to work, putting out flyers and ads online. The 6 of them flopped on the couch after doing multiple interviews. 

"What are we doing wrong?" V asked, sadly.

"It's nothing we're doing, nobody is a good fit." Jin answered.

Jungkook finally entered Seoul, he sighed happily, looking out the train window. He had been in touch with a college in Seoul. His main issue was getting there everyday from Busan. There were dorm options available, however, they were extremely expensive. Jungkook finally made it to the school. He immediately felt nervous. How could he get the the school everyday for years? He noticed the flyers Namjoon and the others had put out. There was a picture of the house, a number to call, and the address. He decided to stop by in person because he didn't like talking on the phone. But first, he had college to deal with. Jungkook had no idea what to truly expect. After the talk with his counselor, he figured he'd stop by the house. Luckily it was only a short bus ride from the school, the house was huge. His eyes widened and his heart started racing. He gulped nervously. Jungkook knocked on the heavy door, half expecting nobody to answer, being he didn't call first. After a few minutes of no answer, he started to walk away. However, finally, someone swung the door open.

"Hello?" The voice said.

Jungkook slowly turned around.

"U-uh...h-hi. M-my names Jungkook...I'm here about the flyer I saw by the school.." He said slowly.

The man smiled.

"Hello Jungkook, come on in. My name's Taehyung. Come sit here, I'll get the others. Okay?" He answered sweetly.

Jungkook nodded, smiling. 

Within minutes, all 6 of the boys were sitting around, watching Jungkook.

"So, what brings you here?" Namjoon asked.

Jungkook shrugged, laughing nervously.

"U-uh...I wanted to go to school here...I'm from Busan. And uh...it would be easier for me to get to school if I had a place nearby." He answered.

"Got a job?" Suga asked, harshly.

Jungkook gulped.

"W-well...I had one..but when I got accepted into the school..I quit." He said, starting to feel embarrassed.

"Well, how do you-" Suga started.

"Suga. Stop." Jimin said quietly, covering Suga's mouth with his hand.

"W-well...to be roommates, we do need you to have a job." Jin said.

Jungkook nodded.

"I know. I-i'm sorry to waste your time.." he said sadly.

Taehyung frowned.

"Wait! What if we allow him to stay here for at least a little bit while he gets a new job. He's had a job before. It shouldn't be too difficult for him to find one. Maybe one of us can even help him get a job at one of ours?" He suggested.

The others looked around at each other, nodding.

"Well...okay. but if you don't have a job within a few weeks, we can't let you stay here." Suga said coldly.

Jungkook gulped, nodding.

"Thank you."

"So is your stuff still in Busan?" Hobi asked.

Jungkook nodded.

"Okay, well, whenever you are ready one of us can take you to get the rest of your stuff. But we can worry about that later. So, have you ever visited Seoul before?"