supposed to be #nyongtory

Smile... It’s for the Camera!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Something Seungri had not noticed.

 

 

Debut year 

‘Oh Youngbae Hyung I’m in love with this song Jiyong Sunbae-nim wrote. I wish we’d sing it all five of us. It’ll  sound better with all of us rather than just you two.’ 

 

‘Seungri-ah, hmmm. I doubt if Jiyong will release this song for the group. He has been going on and on about this song on how he cannot wait for the both of us to release this song as a unit.  Should I tell him...’

 

‘Hyung, don’t. He doesn’t seem to like my opinion on anything. It seems as if as he hears it was from me, he just shuts down the idea before they are even tabled.’

 

Youngbae was surprised to hear that seungri had paid attention to those details . Had it been that glaring? Had Jiyong officially scarred Seungri for good. Youngbae wasn’t about to admit Seungri’s statement.

 

‘You think so?’ Youngbae stated passively. 

 

Seungri shrugged it off not wanting to speak more on this. ‘ I’m in awe of Jiyong Sunbae-nim.  It’s like even in his sleep, all that comes to him are lyrics. I overheard YG president on the phone the other bragging about how Jiyong had written scores of music during his training days. I really want to be like him. I mean to write songs that people will listen to for years to come. Ahhh, I still have. Long way to go.’ 

 

‘Ri-ah, we have all the time in our lifetime to continually polish our talents and I’m sure you’ll have people listen to your songs even after we’re old and grey, that’s how classic we’ll be. Just go at your own pace and put your eyes on the goal of becoming better and better. Rome wasn’t built in a day.’

 

‘Thanks hyung, you always have the right words every time, that’s why you’re my second favorite.’ Seungri throwing heart signs at him

 

‘Wait what? Your second favorite? Here I was thinking about treating to a nice homemade meal. Forget it!’ Youngbae was faking anger while Seungri went after him in his usual cute self. Youngbae had already figured that Jiyong will always be number one for Seungri in spite of 

 

Later that day - sometime around 11pm at the studio

 

Jiyong had been in the studio all day watching a senior working on his album. When he was in the studio, it’s like time was endless for him. He had not realized it was that late. The group had dance training early the next day. 

 

‘Yo, what are you still doing here? Do you know the time at all? Get your off that screen now. Let’s go. Now!.’

 

‘Oh and by the way, I was thinking about this song you’ve been saving up for our unit, why don’t we sing it as a group. I was talking to Seungri earlier and he was saying how nice it’d be if we all sang it, I mean us five and I was thinking the same. He kinda has a point especially at the bridge, I think I can hear a blend of...

 

With a straight Pissed off face, Jiyong took his eyes of the screen to look at his bestie in his eyes not believing the trash he’d just heard. ‘You know what that song means to me, to us. Why the will you listen to ‘no talent’ about my song?, how the do you think ‘no talent’ opinion on my song mattered? I just don’t get why YG president even selected that reject, low-life, ahh I’m getting upset just thinking that you think his opinion should matter at all. If you don’t want this as a duo, you can say so. I’ll go ahead and sing it with someone else.

 

‘Enough Jiyong. Are you done with the name calling? I’ve warned you time and again to stop this name calling. His name is very simple. Seungri. You know deep down that his intake on this may just be true. FYI, you were not born with refined skills, you polished it thanks to training. He’s more gifted in the area of dancing and it will take his commitments and time to polish his singing acts and you never know, he may even surpass you sooner than you think.’

 

‘Please don’t make me laugh. Him calling himself Seungri? Victory? As if! More like first- hand loser! That worthless punk! Please never bring up his ideas to me ever again. I strongly advise you stop listening to his advice. I overheard you two in the bus yesterday talking about dating. Please in the name of everything you hold precious and dear, throw his opinions and thoughts in the trash can. What does he know about matters of the heart? Liking or loving someone? I feel sorry for his future partner. How much pain and suffering lies ahead in their dating. Gosh! The thoughts of it alone, arrgggghhhh.’

 

Unknown to Jiyong and Youngbae, Seungr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter