3rd Part

You're Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was found as a stray. As an exile. Her pack was burned and killed by the bandits. She barely made it but her life was change when she met her current Father.

He took her from the street. Let her meet the other strays, Yena and Yujin. He teach her all the things she need, helping her to discover her passion. He let her build her own cafe, start to live on her own. Also giving her permission to take Yena and Yujin with her.

Above all those things, above everything that he had given her. The best gift she ever get is to call him father. To be his child. For him to love her as a daughter, treating her like a student and care for her like a friend. He's the figure that bring her back to life, who teach her to be a true Alpha. To be the person she is today.

She love him with all her heart but...

"Do I need to do this?"

..for the first time, she wants to run away from him.

"Can you do it?"

"I..."

"You can't?" He carefully ask,

She remain silent. He smile and said, "You can reject it if you want Chaeyeon ah... I won't push you"

"But father-"

"It's not about my pride or whatever it is Chaeyeon ah..." He said, "I'm your father, I shouldn't push my decision on you just for the sake of our pack"

"Your happiness matter"

He went to Chaeyeon, caressing her head softly, "If you want, you can think about it. I'll respect your decision"

Although he said that, Chaeyeon feel bad.

There was an agreement between their pack with another pack from high authority. The agreement is an arranged bonding. Only the best Alpha and Omega can do this.

Chaeyeon, being the best Alpha become the chosen one... But...

When Eunbi's face come across her mind. A painful feeling slip into her chest.

'...what should I do...?'

©©©

"So you're saying that she ditch Eunbi unnie for another Omega she barely know?"

"Wonyo, it's not like that! Chaeyeon unnie can't help it..."

"So if you're being asked to do the same thing, you're going to leave me?"

"Wonyoung, I didn't mean it to be that way!"

Wonyoung look away. She's worried. It's been a week since they meet, since Eunbi's incident in that cafe. She thought that Chaeyeon loves her unnie a lot. She thought that Chaeyeon is different with the other Alpha but turned out, Chaeyeon was stuck with an arranged bonding. Chaeyeon choose to leave Eunbi.

Now, she's with Yujin. She can't help but getting anxious. What if Yujin leave her like Chaeyeon? What if Yujin just playing around? What if Yujin actually-?

"Wonyoung..."

Yujin cupped her favorite chubby cheeks. Smiling, letting her thumb touch every part of Wonyoung's face softly. "Hey... I'm here..."

"Yujin..."

"I know I know..." She feels bad. Making her panicked. It's not her duty as an Alpha. Father will be so mad at her. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make you feel like this..."

Tears start to fall out of her beautiful eyes. Bring ache to Yujin's chest. She pull the Omega closer to her, caressing her back to calm her down, "I won't go anywhere... I promise"

Wonyoung nod. Tighten her hold around Yujin's neck. It's a bit cramped since they're sitting at cafe's chairs. She doesn't care about that. Yujin is here... It's enough.

"So both of us are going to different party tonight?" Yujin ask, trying to break down the tense.

Wonyoung nod as she pout cutely. "Hing... I'm sad"

Yujin need to hold all her urge to kiss Wonyoung. 'She's way too cute... It's so.. Wow...'

"I-It's fine! We can text each other when we're boring"

"Really?" The Omega's face light up at the statement, "Yeayy!"

©©©

She take a look at her reflection in the mirror. Slightly pained by the fact: she's not going to be Eunbi's mate.

The party had started. Father called her to meet everyone. It's the night of her arranged bonding.

She's feeling complicated. Putting her best face despite the pain.

"Chaeyeon are you ready?" Father ask,

She took a deep breath, fake a smile and said, "Yeah... I'm ready"

He smile proudly at her, "Let's meet them"

She nod. Following him from behind. Another sigh left her lips as she walk down the hall, pass by everyone who look at her, judging her.

'So... She's the Alpha...?'

'Yeah, they said she's the best in her pack'

'Wait... Didn't he had a Zeta in his pack?'

'You mean Kim Chaewon? She's mated'

She's deadly nervous. Not because of people's eye, but what she will face later. It's terrifying.

Father stop by the door, Chaeyeon follow his step. Stand behind him due to nervousness creeping inside her.

"Chae"

"..."

"Psst! Lee Chaeyeon!"

"..."

"Ya!"

Chaeyeon jumped a bit, luckily not hitting her Father. She look at the culprit, frown at the sight of Chaewon. "What?!"

Chaewon gives her a thumbs-up and mutter, "Good luck!"

That warm her heart. She smile at Chaewon, nod her heart.

"Thank you..."

Then suddenly something hit her hard.

She misses Eunbi.

She felt that familiar pain creeping inside her chest once again. Her chest tightened so she loosened her tie a bit. There was no closure between them. It's not like they're actually dating each other but Chaeyeon feels bad.

The last text she receive from Eunbi today was:

I miss you..

Dang it...
That gives her chance to wonder about her feelings and decision all over again. No closure, no news, not even a simple reas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter