002

Taxi

 

 

Kim Yongsun, who is now widely known as Solar, has changed a lot. One can say that she has changed - or revealed, rather - her real personality as soon as she changed her name, in a good way though. The three other girls (or the Loser's Club as they call themselves) were shook to say the least once Yongsun unleashed her true self. Blame it on the lack of experience in hanging out with girls her age, but Yongsun was gullible and somewhat an idiot. The Loser's Club has grown to love bullying her, and Yongsun doesn't mind at all. It has been three years since they've debuted to the public eye, to the public scrutiny, yet she is still as thankful for these three rascals as when she first met them.

"YAH!" Yongsun screamed as soon as she entered her dark apartment because of a faint light in the middle of her living room, illuminating a face pulled up into a cheeky grin she knows too well. "Byul?"

"Happy Birthday Unnie!!!" 

"What?" Yongsun flicked the lights on and sees Byulyi holding her favorite strawberry cream cake with too many cute candles on top of it. It dawns on her, "It's my birthday already?" She glances at the clock mounted on the wall. It's 12:03 AM.

Byulyi let out a laugh. "Unnie, sometimes you are really stupid!" She approaches Yongsun. "Now make a wish and blow the candles!"

Yongsun giggles stupidly and does as she was told, though she doesn't exactly know what to wish for so she thinks of the first thing that comes into her mind. Please let me have this for a little longer, please. She opens her eyes and blows the childish candles Byulyi placed on top. 

Byulyi was grinning at her, "What did you wish for, unnie?"

Yongsun waved her finger in front of Byulyi, "Not telling!"

The younger girl made a pouty face before scooping the cake's icing with her finger and smearing it on Yongsun's cheek. It happened too fast that all Yongsun could say in protest was a loud "YAH MOON BYULYI!"

Byulyi laughed even harder, "Love you, Yeba." 

Yongsun is taken aback at the sudden affection and she swears she saw Byulyi's face soften. She doesn't know why but Byulyi's stare feels like its boring holes into her well guarded heart, and it makes her stomach churn. "Stop being weird!" 

A forced laughter. Silence.

"Come on, unnie! Let's eat! I've brought more food!" She heard Byulyi say as the younger girl starts walking back to the couch.

Yongsun merely nods in response, ignoring the tugging feeling in her chest. 

 

-

 

Yongsun is not happy. 

Byulyi has been glued to her phone and grinning at it like a fool for the past week. And maybe the said girl must have been distant in the past few days and Yongsun despises every minute of it. She loathes distant Byulyi. And she hates whoever's on the receiving end of giddy texts from Byulyi, her Byulyi. Yongsun is not having it.

Wait. She snaps inside her head. Why does she care if Byulyi's dating someone? Why does she care if Byulyi doesn't come over as often as before? Why does she care if Byulyi doesn't cling to her as much as she did? 

I'm just afraid for her as her leader. She might get into a scandal, right. Yongsun inhales sharply in the backseat of their van, stealing glances over Byulyi on the seat in front of her, giggling like there's no tomorrow.

"Ah! Byulyi-unnie is whipped." Wheein interjects after Byulyi let out a high pitched screech.

"I know right, I bet she's using her greasy lines to whoever she's talking to." Hyejin adds.

"I can hear you, you know."  Byulyi rolls her eyes. "Let the greasy girl have her fun"

"I pity whoever that is." Wheein continues, pretending not to hear Byul.

"Ugh yes, imagine Moon Byulyi clinging on to you 24/7."

Yongsun''s head is spinning. She has had enough so she shouts, "ENOUGH!"

The giggilng and laughing suddenly stops, three heads turn to her, and the car is suddenly filled with tension. The three younger girls may bully Kim Yongsun but they know how strict a leader Solar can be, and most importantly, they respect her a lot.

"Sorry, unnie." It was Wheein, and Yongsun thinks she doesn't deserve this because the girl is just the softest.

"Sorry, unnie." Hyejin follows, and Yongsun also thinks that she doesn't deserve this because despite the girl's tough image, she knows how soft she can be.

She watches as Byulyi fidget with her phone. "S-Sorry, unnie." and weird enough, Yongsun thinks that she deserves this for being so careless and for making her feel this way.

"Moon Byulyi, come to my apartment with me. We need to talk."

Yongsun notices the two youngest look at each other as she looks at Byulyi who has turned paler in every second. "Okay." She hears the girl answer.

 

They were the first ones to be dropped off and the tension is so thick that Yongsun could hear Byulyi's heavy breaths while walking to her apartment.

Yongsun might have slammed the door harder as she originally intended to as she sees the younger girl flinch at the loud bang. 

"Sit." 

Byulyi does as she told, looking like a scared toddler.

Yongsun sits on the wooden coffee table in front of the couch, crossing her arms and legs, facing Byulyi. "Who are you dating?"

"No one."

Yongsun raises an eyebrow. "Are you lying to me right now, Moon Byulyi?"

"No."

She scoffs. "Can you explain your weird behavior then?"

"What weird behavior?" Byulyi looks at her in the eyes.

"You know what."

"Why does it matter?"

"It matters because I need to know if you are dating and who?"

"Why?"

"Because I am your leader and care about our group." Yongsun doesn't know why but she herself isn't satisfied with the reason that she said.

It's Byulyi's turn to scoff. "Huh, so now you think I'm gonna endanger the group? Is that what you think of me?"

"You're being careless."

"Is texting the person that I like being careless?! I haven't even gone on a date with her!"

"Now you admit it."

"Admit what? Even our manager knows about this and she's not even mad!"

"Just stop it."

Byulyi looks at Yongsun in disbelief, "What?"

"I said stop it."

"Unnie, you're unbelievable." Byulyi stands up.

Yongsun follows and looks at Byulyi, not muttering a single word. She wants to ignore the heaviness in her chest as she watches Byulyi walk away and leave her.

She hears the door shut and Yongsun has never felt this alone again.

 

-

 

It has been a week and everyone is getting worried with what's happening between Yongsun and Byulyi. Wheein and Hyejin tried to make them talk but no one wants to lay down their pride. Their managers made efforts to make the two reconcile but no one has succeeded. Even their fans have noticed them being distant, resorting to leaving messages here and there in the fancafe. They both are dense, and Yongsun isn't the type to make the first move either.

It is a lazy Saturday afternoon with Yongsun lounging on her bed. It's one of the rare day offs that they have. However despite the exhaustion from having too many schedules, Yongsun couldn't be more thankful. It is their dream after all.

Her phone beeps and she was just about to ignore it when it beeps a few more times. Thinking it is an urgent work-related matter, she groans from her comfortable lying positon and grabs her phone. 

Her eyes widen in shock as she sees messages from none other than Moon Byulyi. She contemplates if she would open the chat box right away, and finally gives in. She's presented with various photos of a cute corgi. This must be Byul's new dog, she assumes as she heard the girl talk about plans on adopting a new corgi a few days ago.

Yongsun sends a casual message of adoration to the dog photos before sending another text saying "Wanna make up with me?"

The reply comes almost instantly and Yongsun smiles as she reads the message, "Yes please, unnie. I'm coming over."

When Moon Byulyi shows up at her door and pulls her into a tight hug while whispering "I missed you, unnie. I stopped it.", the weird tugging in her chest grows stronger and her stomach feels like it's flipping upside down.

Giving into the longing, she reciprocates the hug and holds Byulyi too closely against her.

Somehow, Yongsun doesn't feel so alone again.

 

 

 

a/n: woaaa thank you for the subs, upvotes, and comments!!!

i hope this update is okay!!! im just kinda following the ~feeling~ of the story whilst not going away from yong's deep emo feelings hahaa

one(?) more chapter to goooo