Lilies

Torn Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On very rare cases, a woman can have multiple births. Sometimes, it’s genetically passed. There are times when it is produced through a test tube. It depends on the couple, honestly. But there are cases when only one of the twins survive. One will always be weaker than the other. One is more. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that the other is useless. It’s just that from the beginning, even inside the womb, one twin will always give way for the other.

“You’re thinking of something again,” Wheein brings Byul back from her reverie. She turns and hugs the girl, “People still think I’m your girlfriend, Unnie. We need to stop sleeping in one bed.” 

Byul merely grins and says, “Isn’t that what you were before Byulyi messed us up?” 

Wheein pouts, “Don’t say that. You love your sister.” 

“I love my sister too much that I even gave you to her,” she jokes again, making Wheein groan and sit up. “I’m kidding, Wheeny. Come back here and let me sleep in peace.” 

“Byulyi’s gonna get married to her sun,” Byul sits and rests her chin on Wheein’s shoulder. “I’m happy for her, actually.” 

Byul hums, “I am too. And are you happy for yourself?” 

“Of course. I have tons of things to do, Unnie. Besides, aren’t you interested in meeting Byulyi’s sun?” Wheein relaxes her back against Byul’s body. Byul automatically wraps her arms around the girl’s waist. 

“The last time one of us got interested in meeting someone’s girlfriend, it ended up with us apart,” she answers. Wheein sighs and holds Byul’s hand, “Don’t even say sorry, Wheeny.” 

“B-but,” Byul kisses her cheek. “Unnie...” 

“It’s not your fault you love Byulyi more. I would have too,” Byul whispers. Wheein turns around and hugs the older girl, “I understand why you chose her.” 

“Hey, I’m here with you though. It’s okay,” Byul nods and stands. “What?” 

“Byulyi just proposed,” she puts her hand against her chest. “She’s in euphoria,” Wheein cups her face. 

“Unnie.. you have tears,” the girl wipes the tears from Byul’s eyes using her thumbs. “You feel her love,” Byul nods, closing her eyes and leaning to Wheein’s warmth. 

“The sun makes Byulyi fall in love so much,” Wheein continues to wipe Byul’s tears. She knows how hard it is for Byul to resist the love she feels for the sun. She knows it too well. And she’s mad at herself for letting Byulyi hurt Byul for the second time. 

Honestly, Wheein didn’t believe it before. The “twin” thing? It used to be fictional for her. But when she met Byul, she got swept off of her feet and fell for the blonde. That time, the twins were only 15. She was 11 and she loved Byul so much already. And then she got introduced to Byulyi, the dark haired version of her girlfriend. A lot of things happened. Byul almost beat the living daylights out of Byulyi when she admitted to have strong feelings of romance for Wheein too. For once, Byul didn’t want to share. Wheein was the only person she can call hers. But when Wheein told Byul that she likes Byulyi too, she stopped herself and just sat on the ground, looking at her hands with tears falling from her eyes. 

It was right then and there that Byul said that she’ll be okay. That she’ll be happy for the two of them. Their parents nearly disowned Byul because Byulyi got sent to the hospital. They even hated Wheein for it too. To be honest, Wheein doesn’t know how she fell fot Byulyi while being with Byul. It’s just that, Byulyi’s the opposite of the Byul. The blonde will , laugh with her, make jokes, and everything while Byulyi will hold her hand, squeeze her arm, smile at her, and say reassuring words that Byul seldom says. It’s not because Byul lacked something. It’s just that Byulyi’s too much of everything. And Wheein was drawn to that affection. 

Byul accepted the fact the her girlfriend, well, ex, will be Byulyi’s. And she’s (partly) okay with it. At least she knows that Wheein will not get hurt. She knows how Byulyi loves Wheein. She feels it. After all, whoever the one loves, the other one loves too. Even if she still loves Wheein, she must respect the decision of the girl to be with her twin sister rather than her. And she’s not mad about it. She’s used to people choosing Byulyi over her. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter