Torn Up 1

Torn Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are times when life just simply goes well for someone. A person can say that life is hard. Yes, it’s true. But being alive is such a wonderful thing. At least, that’s what Kim Yongsun aka Solar thinks. At the age of twenty seven, she already established her own preparatory music school, teaching children the wonders of music, she has her own online baking business which is small but slowly getting big. To top everything else, she has the most amazing girlfriend anyone could ask for.

Moon Byul Yi.

The stocks and broker monster in the country. To everyone, Byulyi is a working machine but for Solar? Byulyi is her sweetheart. The soft Byulyi she fell in love with way back when she was in college.

Dismissal and the teacher’s already fixing her stuff, “Teacher Solar, will Byulyi-unnie come today?” a girl named Fany asks. One of the million things she loves about Byulyi is that the girl is close with her students whom she considers as her children.

Solar squats and smiles, “I’m not sure, little one. Why? Do you need something from your Byulyi-unnie?”

Fany shakes her head, “Nothing. I was just wondering is she’ll come because she promised me a piggy back!”

The teacher laughs and pats the child’s head, “If she comes, tell her you need that piggy back, okay?”

“Tell her what?” two heads snap towards the door. Byulyi stands, leaning on the door frame, with a bouquet of sunflowers in her hands and a smile full of love. The younger girl walks towards Solar and gives her the flowers, “Hi, love. Missed me?”

Fany squeels and hugs Byulyi’s leg, making the businesswoman chuckle. She pulls the girl up between her arms and grins, “Byulyi-unnie, you owe me a piggy back!”

“I know. That’s why I came,” Byulyi steals a glance on Solar and winks, making the teacher chuckle. She puts the girl down and kneels, “Get up then, little one. Unnie will make sure you get the piggy back ride of your life.”

With so much love, she watches Byulyi plays with Fany until the girl’s parents came. Byulyi and Solar bid them goodbye. As soon as they were alone, the teacher is cornered between her girlfriend and table, Byulyi’s arms on her both sides, “Byulyi...” she warns.

“What? Don’t I deserve at least a kiss? Fany’s getting heavy. Did you make her eat tteokbokki again?” the girl teases. Solar hits her arm but still smiles, “I missed you, you know?”

She hums as Byulyi buries her face on her shoulder, “I did too.” For the past week, Byul was on a business trip for a mining company. She had to go to different mountains so they didn’t have much time to talk.

“Can I have dinner date with you, love?” Byulyi whispers.

Solar chuckles and plays with the dark locks of her love’s hair, “Why do you still ask? I always say yes.”

Byul laughs and pulls away from the hug, interlocking their fingers instead, “Because consent should always be present. And I will not do anything you wouldn’t like.” Byulyi, ever good with her words, kisses each of her fingers. The action makes her blush and her heart race every single time.

Not that she minds.

She’d like that for the rest of her life, actually.

~

It was during her junior year of college when she met Byulyi. Just like any typical college student, Yongsun was struggling to survive. Being a junior meant more sleepless nights and same day due dates. With barely two hours of sleep, she often slips on her own. So on a very cliché kind of meeting, while she was walking from an aisle in the library, she slipped and people laughed at her. She wanted to cry. But before she could, an arm makes its way around her waist and pulls her up.

“Are you okay?” a woma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter