(2)

Sunrise

Story and cover art created by Kyren_Rayne on AsianFanfics.

Permission has not been given to post elsewhere.

 

“I’m not jealous!” Sowon insisted grumpily, storming through the front door and immediately into her bedroom.

“Really?” Yuju asked as she locked the dorm entrance then followed Sowon to her room, “Because you seem pretty jealous to me.”

The taller girl huffed and tossed a pillow angrily in Yuju’s direction before flopping down face-first onto her bed.

“I already told you- I’m not jealous that you kissed Yerin at the fansign today!”

For their leader, the older girl sure did know how to throw a tantrum.

“Then why bring it up if you’re not upset about it?”

Yuju picked up the pillow that had been thrown at her, carrying it back to Sowon, and took a seat next to her on the bed.

“Look, I didn’t mean for it to happen. Yerin kissed me, I pulled away. The end.”

Sowon kept her face buried in the sheets, offering no response to the other girl.

Yuju let out a heavy sigh, not quite understanding why Sowon was so bothered.

This wasn’t the first time Yerin had kissed her.

All Yerin ever did was kiss the members.

It didn’t mean anything, that’s just how she was.

“Sojung,” Yuju breathed out softly, “You know I love you most. Why would I kiss Yerin if I knew that it would hurt you?”

“I don’t know,” Sowon finally grumbled, “Maybe you’re tired of me.”

Yuju’s brows furrowed as she placed her palm gently onto Sowon’s back.

She took it as a good sign when her elder didn’t withdraw from her touch.

“Do you really believe that?”

Her voice was quiet and dry.

She didn’t like the idea of Sowon thinking such negative things about their relationship.

“I don’t know,” she repeated, “Maybe.”

“Sowon…”

Yuju wasn’t sure what to say.

There was a sharp pain in her chest.

How could Sowon think that?

What had she done to lead her to that conclusion?

“Please look at me. This is serious.”

Reluctantly, Sowon finally sat up on her bed to face Yuju.

Yuju immediately pressed her hands to her unnie’s cheeks, forcing Sowon to meet her gaze.

“Sojung, I love you, and I could never grow tired of you…I mean it,” she whispered, staring deeply into Sowon’s eyes, “Tell me why you’re suddenly feeling this way.”

Sowon closed her eyes, her breath catching in .

“I don’t know,” she said once more, “I just feel like…Well…We’ve been together for almost two years, and we spend practically all of our time together because of the band. I just thought maybe you’d started to wonder what it would be like to be away from me, and you know, with someone else.”

“I’m sorry that I ever made you think that,” Yuju began to Sowon’s cheeks gently with her thumbs, “I wouldn’t want to be with anyone else besides you. That includes Yerin.”

A brief silence settled around them as Sowon began toying with the pillow that rested on the bed beside them.

“Please believe me,” Yuju pleaded.

When she still received no response, she leaned forward to catch Sowon’s lips in a tender kiss.

The taller girl instantly relaxed into Yuju’s familiar touch.

When they parted, Sowon slid her hands to rest on the younger girl’s forearms.

“Tell me you love me,” she whispered, “One more time…Please.”

“I love you,” Yuju kissed Sowon’s forehead, “I love you,” then the tip of her nose, “I love you,” the corner of her lips, “I love you,” and finally .

She quickly slipped her arms around Sowon’s neck, pulling them closer together.

“I will always love you,” she breathed before connecting their lips again.

Sowon moved to press her hands to hold the smaller girl’s hips, her grip still a bit hesitant.

However, it didn’t take long for her to give in.

“I hate this feeling,” Sowon mumbled frustratedly, her fingers tensing against Yuju’s shirt as she finally deepened their kiss.

Upon hearing this, Yuju was filled with concern.

If Sowon was still upset by something, it meant that they hadn’t truly reached a resolution.

So she put a hand on Sowon’s chest, pushing her gently away in an attempt to halt their intimacy.

Yuju knew she needed to put some space between their bodies or else she’d be unable to form coherent thoughts.

“What feeling?” Yuju asked breathlessly, her cheeks already a bit flushed.

“The feeling of separation between us when something is wrong,” she tugged Yuju closer to her once more, “Because that connection is still there. It makes me feel hollow when we’re mad at each other, like a part of me is missing.”

Sowon pressed their lips together, trying to once again distract herself from her emotions.

“See,” Yuju tried her best to continue giving advice even against Sowon’s mouth, “I think deep down you know that we’re meant to be together,” she captured Sowon’s lips in a hungry kiss, “That I’d never leave you.”

Sowon blushed, as she pulled back to look down towards the bed in an attempt to avoid the younger girl’s eyes.

“Yeah, I guess I did know that…and that I shouldn’t have been upset about the whole Yerin thing,” she frowned, “You must think I’m a jealous idiot.”

“Hey,” Yuju placed her hand to Sowon’s chin, tilting her head back upward, so she could look directly into her eyes, “Don’t say that. Every single one of your feelings is valid in this relationship. Tell me everything that’s ever on your mind. I want to know that you’re happy with us, and when you’re not, I want to be able to fix it.”

“I’m always happy with us, Yuna. I guess I just sometimes worry that you’re not.”

“Well, I’ll be here to reassure you every time that you feel that way.”

Sowon her bottom lip between her teeth as her eyes began to sting.

“God, why do you have to be so perfect?” She chuckled, trying to chase her tears away.

Yuju leaned closer to Sowon, wearing a gentle smile.

“Can I hear you say it now?”

The taller girl raised an eyebrow, “Say what?”

“That you love me back.”

Sowon giggled, her tears gone as quickly as they had arrived.

“I tell you that all the time~” She whined playfully.

“Yeah, but I want to hear it again. What was it that you had said?” Yuju teased, “I believe it was ‘tell me you love me, one more time’.”

The pair shared a sweet laugh before Sowon wrapped her arms around Yuju, and pulled her in for one final kiss.

“Of course I love you back,” she smiled softly, “Now and forever.”

-

A/N: Upon popular request, I decided to make this a collection of one-shots. I’ll just be sporadically updating this whenever I get inspiration. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you all for the positive feedback so far :)

Another side note- I’m too lazy to come up with names for each chapter, so I’m just calling each chapter by its number, and keeping Sunrise as the title of the collection lol.