(1)

Sunrise

Story and cover art created by Kyren_Rayne on AsianFanfics.

Permission has not been given to post elsewhere.

 

Yuju grasped playfully up towards the sky, pretending to catch a cloud in her hand.

It was a beautiful, warm day, so she had pestered Sowon into leaving the dorm and going outside with her.

The pair had simply been lying on a blanket in the grass, watching the white puffs float gently above them.

Beside her, Sowon giggled, extending her arm to surround Yuju’s elevated wrist delicately with her slender fingers.

“What are you doing?”

She gently tugged Yuju’s arm down, it coming to rest with her own in the small gap between their bodies.

“I wanted to catch a cloud for my sunshine.”

She had been calling Sowon that since her hair had been dyed blonde.

That, along with the fact that she never failed to brighten Yuju’s day.

Their fingers slowly interlaced as Sowon let out a content sigh.

“You’re the one I want to marry, Yuna.”

Her words were so casual, but the mere mention of marriage made the younger girl’s heart rate spike.

A soft blush flooded Yuju’s cheeks, causing her to turn her face away from Sowon in an attempt to hide it.

“What are you talking about..?” She mumbled, not understanding where the sudden comment had come from.

“I just wanted you to know because even if our given situation doesn’t allow us to wed, I still love you and want you as my wife eventually,” the taller girl gave Yuju’s hand a squeeze, “Do you know what I mean?”

She felt her chest tighten at the thought of Sowon waiting for her at the end of the aisle someday.

Sowon in a white, form-fitting, sheath gown adorned with lace flowers along the skirt, and a matching pale flower crown atop her graceful blonde locks.

Herself in a sparkly, a-line dress, and a flowing veil with a pearl beaded edge pinned to her dark bun.

Maybe she had thought about it before…

“Yeah,” Yuju closed her eyes, still a bit lost in her fantasy, “I know exactly what you mean.”

“Look,” Sowon lifted their intertwined hands to point towards the sky, “Those ones up there are us at the altar.”

Yuju couldn’t help but giggle as her eyes followed Sowon’s index finger to a misshapen blob of clouds.

Their arms slowly dropped back to the ground with a soft thud.

“If you squint really hard, sure,” her laughter faded as she turned to look at her elder, “But I appreciate the sentiment.”

Sowon rolled over to face Yuju, a warmth passing between their eyes.

Both girls’ stomachs filled with butterflies at the simple action.

Yuju broke the eye contact, her gaze drifting down to follow the tip of Sowon’s tongue as it traced her bottom lip.

“I want to kiss you,” she admitted, her skin once again gaining a crimson glow.

She knew that there was no possible way for them to be openly affectionate with each other with all of the bystanders in the park around them.

And based upon the crease that had formed on Sowon’s brow, she knew they were thinking the same thing.

So instead, she watched as Sowon pressed a kiss to her thumb and then placed it gently to Yuju’s lips.

It remained there until Yuju kissed its pad, then it was replaced against Sowon’s lips.

“There,” the blonde stated matter-of-factly, once again getting lost in the other’s calm eyes.

A brief silence passed between them, the air growing warmer as clouds moved to reveal the burning sun.

“Can I tell you something?”

Yuju responded with a silent nod.

“I used to think love was an exaggeration,” Sowon pressed her palm to her member’s heart, feeling her pulse quicken at the touch, “That all the songs, the movies, the books, they were just playing it up to satisfy that delusion that we have where we yearn for a perfect romance. But then I met you, Yuna.”

Her hand ascended upward to now rest against the younger girl’s smooth cheek, causing Yuju to lean into her touch.

“Sojung…”

Sowon sighed again, moving her hand back down to her side.

Sowon shook her head and let out a breathy laugh in an attempt to lighten the serious mood that she had created with her sincerity.

“What I mean is that I love you, my puppy.”

“You can’t say stuff like that when we’re in public~,” Yuju whined as she teasingly grabbed the collar of her elder’s shirt in both hands, “It just makes me want to kiss you more, and we’ve already established that I can’t do that.”

Sowon slipped free of Yuju’s grasp before standing and extending her hand out to the smaller girl.

“Then let’s head back home and you can have all the kisses you’d like.”

She grasped her hand and gently pulled Yuju up to join her.

“Thank you,” Yuju smiled before leaning a bit closer to Sowon, “And I love you, too, by the way.”

The two shared a sweet smile before Yuju’s turned mischievous.

“What is it?” Sowon chuckled at her expression.

“Oh nothing,” Yuju pointed towards the blanket that they had been lying on, “Just thinking that I’d hate to be the one who has to carry that back to the dorm.”

She tossed a quick wink to Sowon before taking off in a sprint, “Have fun with that!”

“Hey- What?”

Sowon stood confused for a moment, then simply shook her head as she lovingly watched Yuju running like a fool through the park.

She wasn’t sure why her heart had chosen Yuju, but she wouldn’t have it any other way.

-

A/N: I just started stanning GFriend (I know I’m late lol), but Yuju is my bias and I really like Soju, so here we are lol. This was just a short little nonsense story because I felt like supporting my newly found ship :P I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. Thanks for reading!

Side note- Sorry about the annoying disclaimer thing at the beginning. I’ve started putting that on all of my stories bc one of my fics ended up on another website and I’m hoping this may deter any further problems lol