Chapter 2 ~SHINee's 1st Debut Stage with "누난 너무 예뻐 (Replay)"~

Replay 2008 - SHINee's 6th Member's Story (1)

Sunday, 25th of May 2008

Xandra's POV:

Here we are at the SBS' Inkigayo stage, "Oh God I'm so nervous" I said, "I can feel the chills", the stage setting is similar to the dance scene on our music video. Taemin came backstage along with Onew, Jonghyun, Key and Minho, wearing the same clothes we wore on our music video, I wore a black T-shirt with blue ribbons and a pair of jeans, Taemin wore a black sleeveless top with the printed word "Wicked" as well as colorful stars and a pair of black trousers, while Minho wore a black jacket with a black t-shirt and a pair of two-tone leather trousers, Key wore a not-too-long blue tank top with a black t-shirt underneath and a pair of black trousers, Jonghyun wore a black t-shirt with multi-color splats with a pair of blue trousers and Onew wore a blue jumper with triangles and a pair of black trousers AND we ALL wore some bling bling necklaces and a pair of sneakers.

Before our performance, we had a interview, as the hosts said their hello, we said "안녕하세요, 우리는 contemporary 밴드, 빛나는 샤이니 입니다"

Here's SHINee's interview before their stage:

Finally we did a chant for good luck: "We are here, Ultra SHINee Transformation!" 

Here's SHINee's 1st debut stage:

As the confetti fall down, we sang the last chorus as well as the last notes, the cameras turned off. I was still filled with the adrenaline of performing in that stage with the boys by my side. I was in a thrill and in the middle of a frenzy jumping manner, Jonghyun and Minho were looking at me both with their mics at hand, with smiles stamped on their faces while Taemin was clapping while holding the mic tightly looking over at Key that was saying grateful words and speech while bowing down to every staff in the place. When the lights went down and we entered a group hug started by Onew.

Which made me tear up and start crying with relief of how it ended up to be.

" I'm so grateful to be able to debut with you guys! And so relieved that everything turned out well! Thank God!"

Feeling so overwhelmed by everything that had just happened took it's tool on me, my surroundings stopped I stared up at where the fans where before and a sensation of accomplishment flushed throught my veins. When someone hands started to rub my shoulder lightly it was Jonghyun with a big smile on his face.

"It looks like someone here got emotions on the sleeve!" said Jonghyun while snickering.

" Oh! Come on! You can't say that about me when you yourself wants to cry oppa! You definitely know how hard we worked for this to happen!"

When we came to backstage again, there was a BIG surprise, OUR OWN FAMILIES AS WELL AS LEE SOO-MAN SONGSAENG-NIM CAME AND WATCHED US PERFORM! I did cried a bit but as for Jonghyun, well, he's a bit of a crybaby, like me, when we were making message videos, well, separately.

"This is only just a beginning, Kyungri-ah, this is only just a beginning." I though.

My mom and Dad came and gave me a hug, making me feel the luckiest person in the universe my mom was rubbing my back and tearing up herself, while my dad displayed the biggest smile on his face. I felt so loved that I couldn't keep my own tears from flowing again. 

" I told you that she could do it! See (dad's name) I told you that our baby could do it!"  Mom told while looking at my dad.

" But even if she couldn't she would still be my little princess, and I just didn't want any wolves to prey on my princess" My dad said while trying to explain himself.

" Dad! I'm not a child anymore!"  I looked at him while pouting.

My dad and my mom looked at each other and started laughing while I stayed out of their world, my mom and dad were always like this, they had their own language and they almost always knew when there was something going on, while I couldn't see what exactly they were talking about. But well that's just how they are. 

" We shouldn't keep you to ourselves, now go and celebrate with the boys too"  My mom said while drying her tears. 

" Just don't let them too close, I don't want any wolf hovering over my little princess !" My dad said but my mom gave him a glare that made him refrain from saying more.

" Appa! The boys aren't like that at all! Omma I'm going to celebrate with them, but please don't let appa scare them! "  Dad was almost talking again when mom interrupted him by giving me a hug and telling me to call her when I got home so that we could be together, my dad reluctantly gave me a hug and warned me again which made mom give him a slap on his head.

Friday, 6th of June 2008

Here we are at the studio of popular radio station KBS Cool FM, home of "Super Junior's Kiss The Radio", also known as "SuKiRa", which it hosted by Super Junior members Leeteuk and Eunhyuk and that's why we're going in there, "Please welcome, SHINee" said Leeteuk, then we said "안녕하세요, 빛나는 샤이니 입니다", "Can we hear a individual greeting, please?" said Eunhyuk. Onew came first: "안녕하세요, I'm SHINee's Leader, Onew", then came Taemin: "안녕하세요, I'm SHINee's Makdongie, Taemin", then me: "안녕하세요, I'm SHINee's Girl Muse, Xandra", then Jonghyun: "안녕하세요, I'm SHINee's Bling Bling Jonghyun", then Minho: "안녕하세요, I'm SHINee's Flaming Charisma, Minho", and last, but the least, came Key: "안녕하세요, I'm SHINee's Almighty, Key", We all clapped together and Leeteuk started to look over at his script that was on the table.

"So our listeners are really curious about what each one of you made to celebrate your debut! Specially you Xandra-shi! Would you mind telling us what was the first thing you did after you guys went off stage?" Asked Leeteuk in a cheerful manner.

"Oh, sure! I first talked with my mother and my father, even thought we are always in contact with each other, we still can't stay away for too long. After that me and the boys went partying a bit, at Onew's house." I said while remembering the surprise of seeing the house filled with food and drinks that the managers and production prepared for us.

" It was just you and the boys in the house? And why you guys didn't call me?" Instigated Eunhyuk with a teasing pout.

" It was me, the boys, manager-nim, producer and make up-unnie. Oppa it was our first and it was a surprise party! We actually didn't know about things at all, I thought that manager-nim was driving me and the guys home when he told us all to get out of the car and to go into the house" I told him while leaning over so that I could reach the mic.

" So what was the best part of the debut for you guys?" Asked Leeteuk trying to maintain everything in order.

" For me it was the overwhelming sensation of knowing that we were there , and that after the all of the efforts we made it was paid off, we debuted with incredible people like our fans are being there cheering for us. It made me feel grateful to be able to be there with these people" Said Key with that everyday look in his face.

" He grew so much" Said Minho while faking tears and putting a hand over his heart. 

" Ok, now seriously as the leader, it is so amazing to see the nature and the development of these incredible partners that I've got with me throught this journey. I feel so proud of them and so grateful to our fans because without them this would be meaningless and impossible to realize, So I really feel grateful about my kids" Said Onew with a fatherly smile stamped on his face.

" Something that was also asked a  lot was about your firsts impressions of each other " asked Leeteuk 

"Especially for me Taemin, was it when you were in 6th grade ? a baby had come in  the room" Said Jonghyun while laughing at Taemin.

"If we're talking about first impressions, I don't think we can leave Onew hyung out. I thought he was younger so I rudely used 반알 ( informal language) , I thought he was at least two years younger than me" Said Key while swaying to the sides.

"When I first met Minho Hyung, I thought "how could a person's eyes be so round" and I was surprised, also when I first met him, at that time he wasn't that tall but he shot up like this quickly" Said Taemin 

" When I was in the room and I saw Xandra I saw a small girl, with bangs that stopped on her eyes almost. And I also remember doing her with these sweatpants on quietly , she was so focused that I was kind of afraid to even ask her name" Said Minho while I was shocked about hearing this.

"I  didn't even knew that there was someone in the room only when Jonghyun came in! Why didn't you talk to me?" I said mesmerized

" How could when you were so focused that I thought you could see the room next to the mirror? You guys know how she looks like when she's all focused? It's something like this." Said Minho as he tried to mimic my face he was frowning  and looking fixedly at my face while muttering something.

" Minho-Yah! I don't look like that at all!" I refuted him because he was looking like he was a but crazy talking to himself.

" Omo! It's really similiar ! "Said Key while laughing at my flustered face.

"Kyung-ri ah, don't you feel lonely being the only girl in the group? Because boys don't usually understand girls as girls do right?" Asked Eunhyuk oppa.

" Even tought boys don't really understand girls I don't feel lonely because these oppas here make me company all the time, and they are really good brothers to be with. Even when they fluster me like this they are really fun to be with"  At this point I was smiling and Minho was faking tears again.

Leeteuk Oppa started to make questions related to our mini album, and about the shows and schedules while Eunhuyk oppa was in charge of more personal questions, we were having so much fun that the time flied, suddenly two hours flied away and Leeteuk oppa was already giving the final greetings, the program ended and we took a group picture together, after that we all stayed up and started to talk about our lives until our manager came and hushed us to the car, I ran to get the front seat but when I opened the door Onew oppa was there so I quickly switched to the seat by the window as I saw Key coming slowly and Minho oppa running desperately to enter the car. The boys started to make fun of my concentrating face.

"Aish, you guys! I already told you guys that I'm not like that at all!" I said pouting. 

" Ok,ok, Tone it down Minho-yah and Taemin-ah. " Said Key which made me smile. Key is the most mature of us, and always know the stop point. And that made me always respect him like a big brother to look up to.