WINGS

Dumping Grounds (one-shots)
Please log in to read the full chapter

WINGS

3rd POV

 

Sometimes kindness seems cruel and it´s all just about the point of view, really. Donghae wasn´t comfortable with flexibility and suddenly it became difficult for him to understand what was going on. The story begins many years ago in Heaven, where kindness was the standard and Eunhyuk was a special case.

Eunhyuk has always been different, if it was the unusual bloody red colour of his wings that made his personality change, or if he was a natural born odd ball, nobody knew. But what was apparent, he didn´t exactly fit in. Maybe this was what caught Donghae´s attention? Even so, it took Donghae almost seven years of quietly watching before he actually spoke to him. Thank God that angels are immortal.

“How was it today?” Eunhyuk asked, sitting on white marbled stairs, and giving his full attention to Donghae.

“The same as always,” Donghae shrugged, a little shy under the intense stare.

“Don´t be like that, you know I can´t go there,” Eunhyuk pleaded, “tell me everything you remember, please.”

Whether that was a good decision or not, Eunhyuk knew the answer. For him the Heaven was a torture. Eunhyuk was born with strange blood circulation in his wings, the blood was prominent, making his wings seem red. This didn´t look good at all, as devils often have red wings, even though it´s for a different reason. But Heaven is kind and allowed the little angel to live, yet he had to always stay in the realm, for the best he shouldn´t even leave his home. This rule made Eunhyuk feel trapped and lonely as other angels were encouraged to let him be. It was at first meant so little innocent angels wouldn´t fear him but it turned into a disastrous seclusion after a long time passed. Fortunately for Eunhyuk, out of nowhere popped up a shy angel that wanted to become friends with him.

“Alright,” Donghae cleared his throat, “today it snowed in the morning, I went to see the girl with the ponytail. She found a new part-time job in the restaurant in front of her house. And the old man bought a new shirt, first since his wife died, he seemed proud. The new baby I´m looking after is just being a baby, everything´s good.”

“And how about the guy from the bar?” Eunhyuk knew all Donghae´s sheep by heart, he could by now even navigate himself in his mind through Donghae´s little territory in Seoul as if he had been there himself.

“He´s not with that lover he picked up last month,” Donghae made a face, “I told you, I don´t really like that guy, he´s rude.”

“Oh, so you don´t love all your sheep?” Eunhyuk challenged like always whenever he had his chance.

“No, no,” Donghae was flustered, “of course I care about all of them, I do, I really do.”

“It´s alright Donghae, you don´t need to agree with everything that humans do. You actually shouldn´t, even if they are your sheep,” Eunhyuk smiled knowingly. Donghae felt that his friend was pretty wise, he could do nothing but smile back.

Donghae never noticed Eunhyuk´s frustration, he was simply blinded. He felt that it was good when Eunhyuk, his precious friend, was safe and sound in the heart of Heaven. He agreed with the philosophy, he was glad for that kindness. That´s why Donghae couldn´t predict that the angel he loved from the bottom of his heart would one day disappear.

Eunhyuk felt like he understood maximum, he couldn´t probably learn more that would help him in his plan. He was lost before Donghae appeared, the kind angel suddenly opened Eunhyuk´s eyes wide. With every story, every detail he heard from Donghae, he began building a picture of his own escape from the heavenly prison. The only regrets he was going to have would be leaving Donghae´s side.

 

“Did he tell you anything about it?” They asked Donghae. He just shook his head.

“Eunhyuk left the realm about two days ago, do you know when exactly?” Donghae shook his head again.

“When he landed, he went straight to a bar in your territory. It seems like it was his plan to commit a sin. He really didn´t talk to you about it?” And that´s when Donghae burst into tears. No, he really didn´t know anything about Eunhyuk´s plan and most importantly, he didn´t even understand why.

Reborn, that´s how Eunhyuk felt and that´s how it actually was. He was standing in front of a mirror in the bathroom. Yes, he was still pale and lanky, but his bloody wings were gone, his oddly coloured eyes were dark brown, his hair was pitch black and a little wavy. He was a human now, he´s never felt happier. Even if he had a bruise on his calf, that didn´t heal in a day and runny nose because it was cold. He wore borrowed clothes, in his empty wallet was a new ID that was a part of his fabricated past. The only little last thing he was gifted by Heaven. They gave it to him while burning his detached wings, all to erase any evidence of the realm.

“What´s wrong?” A man suddenly appeared in the mirror behind Eunhyuk.

“Nothing,” the ex-angel smiled. This human was not the kindest, but he would do. At least until Eunhyuk pulls himself on his own two feet.

Donghae found him easily, it was his territory after all. Eunhyuk was just walking through a park with a sweet bread from the convenience store in his hand. He barely took a bite when he saw an angel land gracefully behind a tree. Eunhyuk couldn´t see angels anymore, only those that let themselves be seen, which means this one wanted to talk. He had an idea of who it might be. Taking a deep breath, he jogged through the thin layer of snow towards the tree.

“Hello, Donghae,” he smiled. Even if Eunhyuk felt terribly guilty, he couldn´t deny his happiness. Finally, a familiar face. Eunhyuk might have been really good at adapting into the human world but he was still insecure and confused a lot. He missed Donghae endlessly.

“Why did you do something like that?” Donghae was frowning. He wanted to just hug Eunhyuk and take him back home but he couldn´t. He felt hurt and betrayed.

“Why not?” Eunhyuk chuckled, making Donghae double as puzzled. Doesn´t he regret?

“Because it´s dangerous and human and just not Heaven. And you are living with that person from the bar, you know he´s a mean person. Why would you leave us? Why would you leave me?” Donghae´s eyes were now full of hot tears. He felt hopeless, he had no idea what to do.

“It´s alright, Donghae,” Eunhyuk knew that the latter didn´t take any changes well and decided to step forward. Hugging Donghae lightly, with the sweet bread awkwardly in the air, he chanted calming words into his ear. “I´m sorry for not telling you. I will be fine, I´m a little scared but I think I can manage. You should wish me luck, okay?”

“I already asked to be in charge of you, you´re a new sheep in my territ

Please log in to read the full chapter