Family Addition 3

Bond {Claimed Short Stories}

The additional celebratory chapter from the main fic is now moved to 'Bond'

*****

 

The silence really amplified the sound of the vibration, Mingyu thought. Normally if he didn’t have the phone nearby, he wouldn’t even notice it. Come to think of it, where was his phone? He threw it somewhere after that call with Wonwoo. It should still be in the living room where he was right now. Was it from work? He was not on call, so it shouldn’t be important but just leaving it unanswered still made him feel uncomfortable.

 

He was already up and walking around when the buzz stopped. Mingyu closed his eyes again, walking back to the couch to continue sleeping.  It was probably nothing important. Nothing was right now.

 

Bzzz! There it was again. Mingyu wanted to ignore it but the buzzing was long. Someone was calling him. Sighing, still not seeing his phone and not wanting to search for it either, he looked at the clock instead to justify not answering the call. Outside was still dark, he should probably still be sleeping instead of minding about the call. The vibration finally stopped when the lonely alpha took a good look at the clock. It was 3 a.m. Who the hell called him this early in the morning??

 

‘Urghh!!’ Mingyu grunted as the vibration started again, really agitated. With his knees on the floor, he finally peek beneath the couch. And there it was, the screen bright as the phone moved around. Grabbing the device, he slid the icon angrily and put it to his ear, sighing his annoyance instead of the normal greeting.

 

‘YAAH KIM MINGYU! Finally!’ The other person almost screamed in his ear and Mingyu again, grunted with his eyes closed, not fully awaken. Clicking his tongue from the loud voice, he finally decided to look at the name of the caller.

 

. Mr. Jeon.

 

‘What the hell did you say to my son??!’ The old man hissed and Mingyu found himself frozen, his thoughts empty. He remembered clearly what he told Wonwoo, but he didn’t think his mate would tell his parents. Of course that was the most possible action but still, somehow he hoped that Wonwoo would keep it to himself. Because his Wonwoo keeps a lot to himself, especially their problems. ‘Yah! Answer me!’

 

‘I-I told hi-‘ He stuttered and bit his lower lip, not wanting to repeat the horrible thing he said to his omega. On the other end, he could hear Mrs. Jeon talking, and his father-in-law replying, his voice distance. He could not make up what they were saying but there was a sense of relief as the old beta’s tone calmed down. Mingyu found himself holding his breath when the man finally replied, ‘Whatever it is, you better get your here and fix it. You hear me?’

 

‘I-‘

 

‘Or don’t ever think about seeing my son again.’ Mingyu gulped at the threat. He knew the man had no right nor the authority to do so, but still, he felt really threatened. Weakly agreeing to the request, the alpha realized his heart was beating really violently. Mr. Jeon still had not hang up, as if he was thinking of something else to say to him. The silence was killing him.

 

‘I’m really disappointed in you.’

*****

 

The ing door. He hate this ing door right now. The Jeons’ door.

 

Somehow this dreading feeling felt like déjà vu.

 

Taking a deep breath, Mingyu pushed the door bell, deep down hoping that nobody was home so he would be able to postpone dealing with the family. It would have been a different story had the man of the house be on his side, but based on the call he received this morning, it was safe to assume that everyone in this house was just waiting to rip his head off his body. Gosh, it had been a few minutes. Should he ring again, or should he just go? Because he really, really wanted to go.

 

But if he give up right now, he might not be able to see his omega again. And that, he didn’t want.

 

The door opened, causing his heart to skip a bit before a familiar face greeted him, ‘Mingyu? Come in.’ The alpha entered the house, surprised that he didn’t smell his mate at first. Wonwoo was there alright, but he thought he would be angry enough that the whole house would be filled with his pheromones. It was not. It was weak. Disturbingly weak. Or maybe, he was mistaken and the scent was just Mrs. Jeon’s. Wonwoo might be somewhere else. He didn’t know what to think right now.

 

Mr. Jeon looked at him and sighed, patting his shoulder. That gesture too, was disturbing. He thought the man would be agitated by his presence but he was not. Not even the slightest. ‘We’re just having lunch.’

 

‘I can come again-‘

 

‘No. Stay and talk. We’ll leave you alone.’ Mingyu nodded and waited in the living room, nervous. Everything was very calm, it felt wrong. Something happened last night when he received that call, he was sure of it. Because the old man was furious with him. But now, it was as if he was awaken from a nightmare into a beautiful reality. Except he knew it was impossible.

 

Wonwoo’s presence was very thin. He knew his mate was weak. He could guess what happened, because he asked for it. He just wished he was wrong. Owh how he wished he could take it all back.

 

Mingyu got up from his seat when he saw the old couple making their way towards the door. Mrs. Jeon bowed slightly as an acknowledgement, but he could see she was not pleased with him at all. The man of the house stopped in his track and the alpha moved closer, reading the situation. ‘Don’t stress him okay? The doctor said he needs to relax.’

 

‘Doctor?’ Mingyu stared at his father-in-law who only sigh in response. He really hated this. The soft squeeze on his shoulder confirmed his suspicion and Mingyu could only force a smile of regret. ‘Owh and whatever you do, don’t eat his food.’

 

‘What?’ Before he could get the answer, he heard the door closed. Turning his body towards the dining room, Mingyu closed his eyes, squeezing them in frustration.

 

He lost his baby.

 

He didn’t know whether Wonwoo did it, or it was the stress, or if it was just the noble blood that caused it but the baby was gone. He knew it. He could sense it. The angry call, the solemn atmosphere, Wonwoo’s weak scent…

 

. Why the hell did he ask Wonwoo to kill it?? Why??!

 

Clenching his jaw and fists as tight as he could to release all his energy and tension, Mingyu took a deep breaths to calm himself down. His mate was just a few steps away from him, expecting his appearance any second now. He needed to do this, no matter how hard it was. Softening his scent to match with his mate’s to not appear threatening, he slowly made his way towards the dining where his soulmate was.

 

Mingyu’s mouth curved upwards slightly at the sight of his omega who was staring at his food. He knew he had to feel bad, or angry at what the man did to him, for running away and losing their child but he couldn’t. He was at fault too. For not coming sooner despite knowing how Wonwoo would react during time of stress, for not taking his stance as the alpha when needed, for telling Wonwoo to give the baby up and return to him. Yes he admit, both of them played a part for what happened, so no, he could not be mad at Wonwoo right now. He could not blame him.

 

Wonwoo had not look at him yet since he came in, the man still eating his food albeit so slowly. But the man showed no signs of aggression either, and that was enough to tell him that he needed to talk. That they, needed to talk.

 

No, both of them wanted to talk.

 

‘Wonie.’ He started, still standing at the entrance, figuring out where to sit, and what he should do. Wonwoo glared at him for a second before turning back to his food, ‘Mingyu.’

 

Forcing a smile at that reaction, Mingyu decided to make himself a drink. A hot drink. Just like what they usually do back at home. He would make Wonwoo one too, but there was already a glass of orange juice near him which was rare, considering Wonwoo didn’t like them, so he opted not to. Placing his coffee near his omega, he sat down to his right. And stared at the man, just appreciating his presence. Wonwoo looked so pale and weak. It broke his heart. He knew Wonwoo couldn’t handle this, his mate had always been physically weak. Which was why he should have been here to take care of him earlier, instead of waiting for Wonwoo to allow him. Because he should have known better than to expect his omega to do so.

 

Mingyu sighed for the umpteenth time since he got here. He didn’t know where to start, or what to say. They needed resolve their issue by talking about Wonwoo’s stupid action and Mingyu’s stupid request that caused all this, but they also needed to address the lo-, the loss of their baby. And he did not know how to do so, less than a day after the accident. Or whether it was appropriate to blame each other for it. But this need to be done.

 

Placing his hand on the table, turning it upwards to offer them to the omega, he spoke, ‘Let’s talk.’

 

Wonwoo gazed at the hand offer to him, put his chopsticks down and held it, finally looking at his alpha, ‘Okay. Let’s talk.’

 

 

He was prepared for it. He had been repeating this scene over and over again at home, whenever he thought about Wonwoo’s leave, which was every waking moment. He knew it would not be easy trying to get his omega to explain himself despite his willingness to talk, he knew he had to use a bit of control. He already imagined all the possible excuse Wonwoo had, blaming him for everything, and he also imagined how he would react to defend himself.

 

He did not, expect Wonwoo to do so calmly. Not this lifelessly, this distant. Wonwoo did not show any emotions, his grip firm without any twitching. It was as if he had memorized everything and just spilled the words out, without any thoughts. It was everything he predicted it to be, sure, but somehow something was different. It felt wrong.

 

‘I know I was wrong and I’m sorry for that. I really am. But you shouldn’t have run away like this.’ Mingyu finally spilled his feeling, the one he had been keeping since he discovered about Wonwoo’s leave. He wanted to get angry, remembering the torturous days he spent wondering about the safety of his family without any means of contact. But he couldn’t, because Wonwoo knew that already. That was probably the reason why he did it in the first place – to punish Mingyu for not honouring their promise. Of course, had it been in a different situation, he would have already start to argue with Wonwoo, but they both just suffered a huge loss. He didn’t want this moment to be their breaking point. ‘We’re mates. You need to talk to me so we can figure things out together.’

 

‘I’m done talking.’ Wonwoo finally spoke, this time Mingyu knew he meant it. It was spoken in an uncalled determination. Because, he had no right to say that when all this time he had been refusing to answer all of Mingyu’s calls. ‘Done talking? Wonie, you complaining and crying to your mother doesn’t count. You need to talk to me, your mate. Me.’ He repeated, trying to control his urge to scoff. He could feel his mouth twitching, just desperate to show his irritation.

 

‘We did talk. We talked a lot.’

 

‘Not,’ Mingyu cut the reply short, not understanding where the answer came from, but knowing fully well Wonwoo was going to accuse him of something, ‘this. We never talk about this. The baby.’

 

There was a slight pull from Wonwoo but he gripped harder, not allowing an escape while displaying his resolve in clearing this issue. The omega just chuckled softly, his face tired, expressing how fed up he was. ‘We talked about the baby, Mingyu. We already figured things out. We talked it out for months. We planned every ing thing. The problem is, you didn’t care to enough to respect that. What’s the use of talking?’

 

‘That is not what happened!’

 

‘Why can’t you just stick to the ing plan?!’ The sudden aggression from Wonwoo triggered the alpha to do the same. ‘Accidents happen! Okay? How the hell should I know that one time made you pregnant? You let me do it anyway!’

 

He expected Wonwoo to blame him, he could accept that. But this was something else. This was Wonwoo attacking what they had built all these years they were together. Their trust. This, he couldn’t accept. Because the moment he accept it, they could never return to what they were.

 

‘There you go.’ Wonwoo pulled his hand away from Mingyu’s, the latter too shocked to care. Making a fist with his now lonely hand, the alpha found himself breathing heavily, trying to control his urge to hit the table and scream at the other. He kept his promise as best as he could! It was just one day out of hundreds, just one time out of countless others! It was an honest mistake that he was willing to admit! How could Wonwoo be so heartless to say use that against their relationship?

 

‘We talked and made plans. I was in heat. You were the sane one and you chose to ignore it for your own pleasure. And you want me to ing trust you. Really, Mingyu?’

 

this. THIS!

 

‘What’s the big deal anyway?!’ Mingyu finally exploded. He was trying his best to try to understand this man, but this was too much. He could not understand why Wonwoo was blowing this out of proportion. Yeah, they made plans but that didn’t mean their lives had to be controlled by it. Because if that was the case, they should have stopped having altogether until Wonwoo completed his project. But apparently, was okay. ‘You can still work from home, like you always do! You can go to France once you give birth! No, you can go right now if you want. We’ll just have the baby there and I’ll take care of it so you can continue doing whatever mega project you want. See? Problem solved.’

 

‘That’s not the point.’

 

‘Then what is the point? Are you gonna keep blaming me for not being in control during your heat? You think that’s easy? I rut too! I lose control too! You can’t expect me to be the perfect alpha all the time.’ Mingyu found himself no longer able to hold back. Sure, he seemed composed most of the times but that was because he was trying his best to be the person Wonwoo could lean on and trust to catch him whenever he fall. But he’s an alpha too. Heats affect him too. Feelings sometimes cloud his judgement too. And Wonwoo makes him feel things.

 

Not hearing any reply from the other, Mingyu repeated. He wanted this to be over. ‘Wonie? What’s the ing point?’

 

‘I don’t want my kid to grow up where I was ! Okay? The point is we’re supposed to start a family anywhere but that ing city! It’s not saf-‘ Wonwoo stopped talking halfway and took deep breaths to calm himself. The answer was enough to paralyze Mingyu who thought his mate was over his trauma. Because why else would Wonwoo come back from France when he could just stay there if he still felt strongly towards the place of his nightmare? Wonwoo came back and told him he was ready to settle down. Why?

 

The room was now solemn, both parties trying to calm themselves and rearrange their thoughts. In the meantime, the silence and stillness allowed the alpha to now notice slight surge of pheromones from partner. Wonwoo was really mad right now so normally his pheromones would fill the air. But now, although they were in the middle of an intense argument, it was still almost unnoticeable. His determination to defend himself distracted him enough to not care about the situation a few minutes ago but now he was back to noticing it. And it scared him. Because his mother lost her life from pregnancy complications, Wonwoo being this weak after a miscarriage might lead to the same fate. He didn’t want to lose his mate. Especially not in the middle of a fight. ‘Wonie, are you okay?’

 

‘I’m not ing okay!! I told you I don’t want to raise my kid here!! Those bastards are still out there and- Why couldn’t you wait? Just-‘

 

‘Hey,’ Mingyu stopped him and Wonwoo froze, feeling the alpha’s scent covering him. His alpha’s secured, warm scent, telling him everything would be alright. That he could finally let his guard down. Staring at the hand on the table, Wonwoo slowly brought his own and entangled his fingers with the other, letting Mingyu hold him tight. This was the safest he ever felt in the last few weeks. This, right now, was the most relaxed feeling in the past weeks. Enjoying Mingyu’s warmth, finally able to rearrange his thoughts, Wonwoo continued calmly, ‘You’re supposed to fall in love with France and move there with me.’

 

‘You never told me that part of the plan.’ Mingyu pointed out, still worried. He knew they need to finish discussing this, so despite him preferring Wonwoo to rest, he decided to continue, keeping in mind not to stress the man. ‘I would’ve taken it more seriously.’ He added, sincerely though he knew how bad that made him sound. Had he known this was what his mate wanted – moving to another country instead of just waiting for his long-term project to be over, he would have paid more attention. Because he thought the man was only thinking about his career, which Mingyu had no say in, instead of the future of their family. ‘Why didn’t you tell me?’

 

‘‘Cus it’s been almost ten years Mingyu. Ten ing years and I’m still not over it when I should. How can I ask you to change your life because of my ing problem? It’s selfish an-’

 

‘Selfish?’ Mingyu interjected his distressed omega, not wanting the man to belittle himself. Ten year might seem like a long time, and had he not know Wonwoo, he would think his omega was just trying to gain sympathy by using his trauma as an excuse for everything. But he was there when it happened, he was there when Wonwoo was recovering, and he was still with the omega when he sometimes wake up from his nightmares, even now.  Once it had been told, Mingyu now recalled the many times Wonwoo showed signs of trauma but tried his best to hide it. Had he paid more attention, he would have be able to read the signs clearly, like how his mate get cold feet when they go out at nights, or how often he talk about how safe his neighbourhood in France was. All this time, he thought that was because he Wonwoo only did that to tell him how successful his was. He realized how wrong he was.

 

Now that he thought about it, Wonwoo never got his closure. He didn’t get his justice. His attackers are still free to roam around and live their lives in the same city they were living right now. His omega had every right to still be affected by it. ‘Is that why you wanted to go so bad?’

 

A nod. Mingyu let out a long breath. ‘If you had told me sooner, I would’ve find a job there. I’ve been trying to do so ever since you left for France. You’re not forcing me to change anything because I already decided to go.’

 

Wonwoo looked back at him, his face shocked. ‘What?’

 

‘I applied for a position in a few hospitals to get to you. But then you came back and I thought you wanted to stay. So I changed my plans.’ He continued explaining, finding it curious that they never talked about this matter. The subject never came up. Had they talk about it, this problem would never even happen in the first place.

 

Life. Always filled with twists and turns.

 

Wonwoo opened his mouth but nothing came out. He didn’t know what to say. He didn’t know Mingyu did that for him. The only reason why he came back was because he wanted to be with his alpha. Had he known Mingyu was trying his best to get to him, he would have settled with long distance relationship for a while instead of forcing himself to return back for good.

 

‘Wonie, you should’ve told me you’re scared.’

 

‘I’m sorry…’ Wonwoo finally allowed himself to apologize. He treated Mingyu so badly because he thought the man was not as committed in having a family as he was, that he was wrong to trust his alpha. But as usual, they both misunderstood each other’s intentions. Turned out, he made the right decision to come back and claim Mingyu as his alpha because it was obvious now that they wanted the same thing.

 

That they were meant for each other.

 

They just needed to work out on communication more. Apparently, not only about their feelings, but also their past plans. And long-term future plans. They still have a lot to learn about being mates.

 

Enjoying the now calm environment, Mingyu decided to use this moment to apologize for his own mistake last night. He knew this would be hard for both of them, considering his thoughtless suggestion cause Wonwoo’s miscarriage, but at least they were together to get through this. ‘Wonie, about last night… I-I didn’t mean to tell you to-‘

 

‘It’s fine. Everything’s fine.’

 

‘No, I-‘ Wonwoo brought the alpha’s hand and placed in on his stomach, looking at him hopefully. The action confused Mingyu. ‘What?’

 

‘The bump. There’s a bump. See?’ the smaller male lifted his large shirt and pointed at his stomach. It was indeed, a bit bigger than usual considering how skinny his mate was. But tha-

 

Owh.

 

OWH!

 

‘Wait, Wonie. The baby’s alive??’ Mingyu stood up, his eyes wide. There was this wave of energy emitted throughout his whole body which caused him to shake to hold himself from running. ‘Our baby? Omo, I thought- omo, but the doctor-‘

 

‘Yeah. There was some bleeding last night. We thought we lost him. But the guy’s strong.’

 

‘Bleeding?’ Mingyu gasped but before he could continue his attacks, the omega shushed him by placing a finger on his lips, asking him to shut up. He watched as Wonwoo got up from his seat took something from his bag on the kitchen table. His mate brought out something rectangular.

 

Baby picture. Owh god!!!

 

‘Is this? He’s so tiny! Owh, oh my. Wonie this-‘

 

’13 weeks. You wanna mark his conception day?’ Wonwoo teased the restless alpha who was smiling from ear to ear. Sitting back down, he only laughed as Mingyu started to comment on every little thing about the black and white picture and dreaming about how he would teach their child to do ‘alpha stuffs’. Happily listening to the raspy voice of his, Wonwoo’s stomach grumbled the moment he noticed his untouched food. Not able to resist temptation, he brought up his forgotten chopstick and started to eat again.

 

‘What are you eating?’ His mate excitedly asked, curious. The brief inspection caused the man to gasp. ‘Fish? Why are you eating fish?? Aren’t you allergic?’ To which Wonwoo only lifted his shoulder as a response. The surprised look however, was quickly changed to that of excitement, yet again. ‘Omo, you’re having food-craving!’

 

‘Yah, shut up!’ Wonwoo finally decided to stop his mate from talking any longer. He was becoming really, really noisy right now. ‘Yah! This is my food!’

 

‘Blearghh!’ Mingyu sprayed the extremely sour soup the moment it touched his tongue. Reaching for his drink, he gulped everything in one shot, coughing the lingering taste from his mouth. ‘What the hell is this? You squeezed lemon? Why?’

 

Wonwoo lifted his shoulders in response, yet again.

 

*****

 

Hearing the door close, Wonwoo turned his position around to look at the alpha who just entered the bedroom. Mingyu had been talking with his father since after dinner, the two enjoying their time together for whatever reason. He wanted to join them but the medicine the doctor gave him made him sleepy, so he got inside earlier to rest. Reading the clock, he called out to his mate. ‘You’re still awake?’

 

‘Urm.’ He replied, making space for Mingyu to sit beside him. The man took the sonogram he showed him today and chuckled, finding the little bean with tiny legs protruding cute. Wonwoo wanted to comment on how weird the thing actually look without hands but decided against it. His alpha deserve this moment he stole away from him a month ago.

 

Okay. The moment passed. ‘There’s no ears.’

 

‘What?’ The alpha looked at Wonwoo, and Wonwoo repeated again, ‘He has no ears. Just a ball with nose.’

 

‘Oh my god.’ Mingyu burst out laughing, hitting his mate’s head lightly which sent the other smiling his largest as well. ‘Well thank god for that because we used a lot of bad words today.’

 

‘We really need to stop cursing.’ Wonwoo replied as he laid back down to rest after teasing his alpha. After the whole ordeal he put the man through, he just wanted to make sure Mingyu is happy right now. His man deserve it. Listening to his laugh, and the hum he was making right now was enough proof.

 

‘What’s that?’ Mingyu suddenly pointed at the book lying on the table causing Wonwoo to lift his head a bit to see the said thing. Laying back down, he answered, ‘Guidebook. I bought it last week.’

 

‘Guidebook?’

 

‘Uhuh. Cus I have no idea how to take care of that big-head.’ He pointed at the picture in Mingyu’s hand, enjoying the soft smile on the alpha at the name-call. He was not lying, he had no clue what he had gotten himself into. Since he thought it would take a while before he would actually carry one, Wonwoo had never even search about it let alone read and study it. He knew he had so much to learn which was why he did not want any other distraction so he could focus. But it was clear now that he did not have to do it alone. His mate is a medical practitioner who knows the basic, and his family also have experience with pregnancies. All he had to do was ask.

 

Mingyu let go of his omega and sat up, making his way to the edge of the bed so he could grab the thick book. ‘Male pregnancy.’ He read as he turned the pages, inspecting the content. ‘A lot of pictures too.’

 

‘Really?’ Wonwoo turned towards the other male, grabbing his shoulder to pull him back to bed. It had been a while since he slept with his alpha, he crave for the warmth of his body and his protective scent. Forcing the man’s hand away from the book, he placed his head on his bicep, putting his head on the crook of his neck to inhale as much scent as he could. That mossy smell that he love. ‘Lemme guess, you haven’t touch this.’ Mingyu commented.

 

‘Nope. Let’s sleep.’

 

‘No. Let’s study. I need to learn too.’ He placed a kiss on Wonwoo’s forehead and chuckled as he heard the annoyed grunt he missed so much. ‘So, male pregnancy…’

 

- The End-

 

Finally, the end of Claimed special baby chapters!! This was not as much angst as I initially planned because boii, I got soft :3 Although I love writing angst, this is also too much for me  Owh well, I dug my own grave. LOL

Again, thank you for all your support and love. Your comments and support helped me get through my final years in college, and I’m glad I have time to repay you with this special chapters even now. I love you guys so much, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart <3<3