Family Photo

Bond {Claimed Short Stories}

Post Claimed, before baby drama :D

 

‘Hrmmm…’ Wonwoo gets up from the sofa and stares at the big framed quote hanging in the middle of the room. There is nothing wrong with it, it fits their modern living room really well. And the simple saying, ‘All is pretty’, is just something good to live by. There is no denying it. But, there is also, no meaning to it. Not, personally that is. It is just a framed poster, given by Mingyu’s grandmother, probably chosen randomly by the designer she hired, to fit the aesthetic of the apartment. That is all there is to it.

 

Wonwoo looks around their apartment. His books, Mingyu’s books, and other random decorations. Also, highly likely chosen by the same interior designer because his mate is too busy working, and cooking, and doing all the other stuffs to care about how pretty his house looks. His alpha used to care, a lot back when they were still studying but not anymore. Now, Wonwoo found himself to be the one who mind all these things. It is part of his job to design the interior, albeit only for presentation purpose.

 

Sighing, he enters their bedroom. There is also nothing personal in here. Every time they go anywhere together, they never bothered to buy anything to keep as a memoir. Granted, they never been anywhere good to start with, except for Mingyu’s seminar where they bonded, but still, if anyone are to come to their house, they would not know the apartment belongs to Kim Mingyu and Jeon Wonwoo.

 

They need a picture. Together.

*****

 

‘What’re you doing?’ The y hoarse voice of his alpha followed by the pressure on the sofa causes Wonwoo to lift his head so Mingyu can sit right where he can place his head on the man’s thigh. He hears a slurp, signifying the other is drinking.

 

‘Choosing a picture.’

 

‘For what?’ Wonwoo points at the wall, and goes back to scrolling through his phone. ‘You wanna make a poster?’

 

‘Nope. Picture.’ He answers and continues his search. His alpha is silent, which catches his attention because the man is usually, a bit noisy. Looking over, Wonwoo smiles as he notices the slight pout the other bears. Probably not understanding his intention and yet, not wanting to disturb. ‘I wanna put a picture of us on the wall.’

 

‘Owh… Found any good ones yet?’ Wonwoo snorts a bit hearing the excited inquiry. Sitting up and leaning to the left so their shoulders touch, he begins scrolling again, ‘None. These are all selfies.’ There is also only a few of them as they did not take picture with each other often. Which, is actually not surprising at all considering it had only been a few months after he came back to Korea and get back together with the alpha, and that both of them are they are too busy to do things worthy of pictures.

 

‘Don’t you have any good ones? You take a lot of pictures.’ He asked Mingyu who brings up his own phone and shows it to him. ‘Mostly your pictures. And some random stuff.’

 

Wonwoo places his finger on the screen and starts maneuvering by himself, shocked by the amount of inanimate objects, Mingyu’s selfies which he sends to Wonwoo every now and then, and his candid pictures, taken god knows when. Giving the alpha a side eye at the embarrassing photo collection, Wonwoo put the phone down and sighs. ‘I thought we had more pictures…’

 

.…wait. They did. They took a lot! During their college years!

 

‘Aah…’ Wonwoo sighs out loud, displaying his disappointment. The ones in his old phone he transferred into an external hard disk and locked it away in his office in France during their break up, in order to ‘move on’ so there is no way that could be retrieved. But, Mingyu might still have them.

 

‘Owh that… long story short, I lost it.’ Mingyu states which causes Wonwoo to stare at him wide-eyed. It is understandable considering they made a promise to forget each other and move on but at least he kept his safely locked away! Unbelievable. Just, utterly unbelievable. ‘Heol. So you threw our framed pictures too?’

 

‘Nope. That’s… in an album. Hidden. In the car.’ Again, he gives his alpha a death glare, ‘What? Halmeoni didn’t know about us and she kept coming to clean and stuff so, I hid it. But, since we’re mates now and she knows bout you, let’s put it back!’

 

‘No!’ Wonwoo almost screamed at the suggestion. Sure their relationship is public now, but all the pictures taken back then are obviously of them with their college hairs, and lifestyle. One look and the old woman will start asking about it, and Wonwoo does not think he wants to handle that kind of intrusive questionings. Maybe, when they live a bit further, he might reconsider that proposal.

 

So, since old pictures are a no-go, the question remains, what picture should he choose?

*****

 

‘Wake up.’ The omega bumps his forehead with the sleeping male, trying to get him out of bed. Like any typical Saturday, Mingyu whines, wanting to sleep more. Usually, Wonwoo would allow that but today the sun is shining beautifully, and the light seeping through their window is just right. He didn’t plan this, he was woken up by the brightness as well but seeing the soft illumination, perfect for family photo, freshen him up.

 

‘Let’s take a pic! Come on.’ He bunts their foreheads again and this time, Mingyu finally opens his eyes, swallowing a few times as he forces himself to get out of bed. With a sigh, the alpha drags his legs towards the bathroom to wash his face. After setting up the camera, Wonwoo makes the bed. It will be a while before his mate returns, based on the sound of water boiling. He then sits down, trying to find a nice position.

 

‘We’re making video?’

 

‘Yaah.’

 

‘Let’s just put a big mirror on the ceili- oops!’ Mingyu chuckles as he turns his body sideways, barely managing to avoid the flying pillow with his shoulder, ‘Careful. Coffee here.’ Walking to their bed, he passes one cup to Wonwoo and sips his. ‘Picture on the bed?’

 

‘Yeah, it’s weird to put a pic taken in the living room, in the living room.’ Mingyu nods his head in agreement and puts his coffee mug down on the side table before walking towards the camera. He looks at the screen, smiling at the angle his omega placed it in. It is actually pretty. ‘Push the button!’

 

‘Ok- ah!’ One forceful push and the camera falls down sideways along with the tripod. Panicking, checking if Wonwoo’s digital camera is still intact, he hurriedly repositions the tripod to where he thought it was. Through the screen, he can see the omega fall to his side, whining about how he already placed the camera perfectly and calling Mingyu names. Finally done returning everything back to where it should be, he now carefully clicks on the snap button and ran to his side at the back, and smiles.

 

‘Yaah!!’ Wonwoo punches his left arm, caught off-guard by the sudden ‘click’ sound to which the other says sorry. The alpha then gets up and looks at the photo taken, ‘Wonie you’re not ready.’

 

‘You should’ve tell me you clicked!’

 

‘Okay go!’ Again, the younger male jumps on the bed and scurries to his position, the omega frozen by the act. With another click sound, Mingyu returns to the camera to check, only to laugh, noticing his mate’s face. ‘Wonie you look weird.’

 

‘Mingyu calm do-‘

 

‘Okay go!’

 

‘Ya-‘

 

Click. A strong push is delivered towards the alpha and Wonwoo continues to attack the overexcited man until he agrees to take the session seriously. Honestly, he initially planned to be the one taking the picture considering it is his idea but seeing Mingyu offering and enjoys doing it instead made him think otherwise. His mate loves taking photos, so it would have actually been more logical to allow him to do in the first place. Just, maybe with a little more planning instead of running back and forth and jumping around.

 

‘Okay, fine. I’ll set the timer to 10 seconds.’

 

‘You changed-?’ Wonwoo asks, befuddled. He is sure he set the timer to 3 seconds.

 

‘You didn’t- aah. Must’ve touched it when I was setting it up.’ Wonwoo slaps his forehead and chuckles. Of course. This is Mingyu. Nothing is impossible with this klutz. Explains why it felt really quick and he had no time to pose.

 

Drinking his coffee, Wonwoo looks towards the front, noticing the weird movements of his mate. Mingyu has his ‘flirtatious’ face on, and he is body rolling along some song he is singing to himself. Confused, he asks, ‘What’re you doing?’

 

‘Seducing you.’ Is the answer to which Wonwoo could just frown. He is still lost. ‘Why?’

 

‘To get you to rela- Owh .’

 

‘Wha-‘

 

‘Forgot to click. Okay go!’ Mingyu dives into the bed and quickly gets into his position, beside him, his omega sprayed his coffee back into his mug. Coughing badly to get the liquid out of his throat, and possibly, lungs, Wonwoo grips his mug tightly to ensure it will not fall over. ‘Are you okay?’ Mingyu asks, concerned.

 

Silence follows as Wonwoo keeps coughing but before long, he finally lifts his head up and starts to laugh. Laughing at how stupid his mate can be despite being an honorary doctor. Chuckling along with the omega, Mingyu keeps staring at the pretty nose scrunch.

 

Click.

 

‘You okay?’ Mingyu pats Wonwoo’s back, trying to ease his cough and takes the mug away. Passing the box of tissue to the other, he simpers at the other’s comment, ‘That’s so stupid! What’re you trying to do?’

 

‘What? I thought we’d go with the passionate couple look. Like Yoko and Lennon.’

 

‘What?’ Wonwoo raises the pitch of his voice in disbelief, ‘Which one?’

 

‘You know, that one pic.’ He tries to describe it, he is sure he saw one. But with nothing coming to mind, and his omega not getting it either, Mingyu starts to giggle through his nose. ‘Okay I have no idea why I did it but you looked pissed and we had a few seconds to spare so I did it.’

 

‘Then why’d you jumped like stupid?’ Wonwoo asks, pointing out that Mingyu actually forgot to push the snap button, and he already reset it to 10-second.

 

‘I panicked.’ That triggers Wonwoo’s coughing, and laughter. Doing so, he pushes the dumb alpha out of the bed.

*****

 

Pulling the frame slightly to the left and waiting for his mate to give an okay, Mingyu takes a step away from the wall. Wonwoo moved the main poster a bit to the left to make space for their smaller picture, not wanting it to be too big which would make them seem vain. The man also chose a simple frame, befitting their whole concept. ‘This looks good.’

 

‘I love it.’ Mingyu grins at how happy they look. Remembering how far they came from their first meeting, how much they changed in the past decade, how comfortable enough for Wonwoo to suggest taking a family photo and displaying it to other people, he cannot help but feel proud of them. Of his mate. Of himself. Despite their arguments and rare misunderstandings, they are truly, happy right now. More than ever.

 

‘How are we filling all the other spaces?’ He asks Wonwoo, leaving the interior decoration to the architect. Smiling, the omega replies, ‘Your pictures. They mean something right?’ He pulls out the album Mingyu has of his random photos taken with his DSLR camera during their outings. The latter can only stare at the thick book, surprised that the love of his life even look at it in the first place. ‘The first stall you brought me to. And this is… the lake.’

 

‘Where I first met you.’

 

‘Well…’ Wonwoo drags his words, wanting to argue just because, but decides not to. Of course, some of their history can be altered. ‘Where I slapped you.’

 

‘Where we first kissed.’ Mingyu quickly counters, crossing his arms in defense. All his pictures are of good memories. Good memories only. Nobody needs to know about the slap.

 

‘Hrnn…’ Wonwoo hums, not wanting to entertain the other male because once they start arguing about the memories they have about all the photos, there will be no end. He just wants to enjoy this moment, a new step in their lives. ‘Let’s choose the other ones later. This is perfect for now.’

 

Mingyu envelops the other in a tight hug. ‘Agreed. This finally feels like home.’

 

***End***

 

This chapter is actually inspired by the poster gifted by one of my readers @ImloyaltoSeokmin and made by the talented @chroma as a Christmas present! I love it so much I wanted to dedicate a chapter just for it!  

If you want to know what picture they hang, just check out the main cover of the fic! I changed it! It’s just so lovely and perfect!! And if you look closely, Wonu’s wearing a ring which is just UwU

Imagine him still keeping their rings despite their breaking up, and still wearing it eventhough they finally bonded for good! This poster just warms my heart I’m melting somebody HALPPPP

Thank you to both @ImloyaltoSeokmin and @chroma for this warm and wonderful gift. I love it, and I love you both <3<3