Jeon Yeo Mun

Happy (N)Ever After || BTS 8th Member

"Here's your weekly wage." The owner of the pet shop, Junhyun, handed me an envelope.

"Junhyun-ssi, can you not give me my weekly wage with envelope next week?"

"Huh? Why?"

"It's unfavorable for you.. and the trees."

He chuckled. "Okay. That's lovely of you."

"..uhm, yeah, thanks." I looked down and scratched my eyebrow.

"Don't be so awkward, you've been working here for four months anyway."

"Yeah, thanks.. uh, I'm gotta go. Thanks for today--" I hanged my apron and picked up my bag.

"Oh, by the way, Yeomun, how's your brother?"

"It's very slow, but he's getting better." I nodded my head, "OK, bye now, Junhyun-ssi." I headed to the door and walked out without looking back. I didn't hate the guy, it's just that I couldn't bring myself to be very pal-like with him, I didn't know why.

It was was almost winter, the nights were getting colder and colder but I needed to keep practicing my dance, vocal, and rap. I also watched videos online and bought some books for practices. It was pretty hard since I didn't have any talent whatsoever, but I could at least do those things above average, maybe.

Not a single day I missed visiting my brother. Sometimes I got really tired and fell asleep on the side of his bed at the hospital, sometimes I felt like he was lonely so I slept there on purpose. He would told me to just go straight home if I am tired, he didn't want me to hurt my back and neck but I mean, I felt lonely most of times too, I'd rather hurt my body than leaving both of us suffered the ugly feeling. I never told him that, I always went with other reasons.

He said his band debut 2 months ago, I actually pre-ordered their album and their songs weren't bad. But then he showed me their MV from his phone and damn, it's definitely NOT what I imagined. They went out real... strong, or so to say. Their concept wasn't the best concept, but it's at least refreshing to see a group demanding freedom and literally asking education to square the up.

"How's it? Cool, right??"

I could see his eyes beaming. It wasn't THAT cool, really, but I gotta be supportive.

"Sure. They all look fine except the guy with sunglasses."

"That's our leader, RapMonster!"

"R-RapMonster???" I stared at him for some seconds, he kept his excited smile.

Wow, they went all ing out.

"Uh- okay. What's wrong with his style though?"

He shrugged then got all hyped up again, "I don't know, but he looks like badass big boss as ! Right?" He smiled excitedly.

My brain couldn't comprehend, but-- "..right."

He nodded in satisfaction and played the video again. I looked at him fondly, he hadn't been so excited since our parents died.

"How does the public react to your group? Any nice comments?"

"Oh, they, uh.. make fun of us-- them."

I could see why, but people are being too childish. Can't they just ignore what they don't like? Like Jesus, mind your own ing business. Obviously, I couldn't say that out loud. I never said what I think out loud, it was always me, talking to myself.

"I saw one that's hurtful, I think the members would never forget it."

I snapped from my thoughts, "Hm? Yeah? What's it say?"

"'Child: Dad, what were you doing when you were young? Dad: Dad was a member of Bangtan Sonyeondan.' Everyone in the comment section laughed at the 'joke'." He pouted.

Wow, ing annoying piece of s.

"It's okay, San. All you and they have to do is to prove them wrong. I believe in your group."

He nodded, "I believe in them too." There was a pause, "..You sound pretty cool just now, I didn't expect that" he laughed.

"You mean like, two cool... four skool? pfff" I gestured my fingers, copying the numbers.

"Don't laugh at it! They worked hard.."

"Geez, I know, I'm sorry."

"You're not sorry, you're smiling."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm-- okay, fine.. but in my defense, it's cringy."

"Wow, really?"

"Sheesh, I'm sorry, alright? At least they caught some attention even though it's through hatred."

"A very nice way to apologize."

"Chill down, I meant that they're not like other groups' debut-- the basic nice, innocent school boys. School boys go home, you know? But punks and gangs? They certainly don't go home. I mean, they're punks who talk about dreams, who even does that? Your boys will be fine, Virgil wrote *Audaces fortuna iuvat. History undoubtedly helps each other."

*(A/N: it means 'luck helps those who are brave' or 'Fortune favors the bold')

"That's.. very, very deep. I never thought you'd say something like that. Was that really how it's pronounced?" He smiled, almost teasingly.

"Yeah, well.. I've never been thinking so much in my life until recently. Also, I don't know, I never look for how to pronounce that." I shrugged and laughed a little.

His smile faded. "Sorry.. you must be stressed and exhausted from everything by now."

I smacked his arm hard. "Don't be funny, silly-head. But yeah, I'm pretty exhausted. Can you scooch a little? I wanna sleep beside you."

"Yes, I can, funny-face. Get in here--" he scooched and pointed at the switch, "oh, turn off the light first!"

"Right." I turned the switch off and joined him on his warm bed.

×××

im sorry the story is very slow! >,< i wanna show yall how the twins' relationship is like :D

i promise the next chapter is where she meets the boys!