nickel allergy

In this Universe We Are Unstoppable Beings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the fluorescent light flickers, once, twice. 

 

nurse wendy sighs as she lifts her chin resting from her right hand to transfer to her other. it has been more than an hour past eight, and yet everything around her is still and sedentary. 

 

she looks at the invisible dust in between the blinds that separate her from being exposed from the hotel gym on the other side of the hall. something she’s used to doing when there’s absolutely nothing to do. this night seems to be slower than the previous ones, not a lot of people visit a hotel clinic after all.

 

she taps her pen to beat softly playing in the background, if she swivels around her seat one more time, it’ll be the 121st turn she would do today. anything, anything to make the time pass by quicker. 

 

however, time seemed to stop when the glass door to her clinic opens and chimes, revealing a very beautiful, tall girl with a hurried look on her face. 

 

she meets her eyes with delving ones, too stunned to say anything to this woman, whose aura is making her words catch up in . 

 

“hey, good evening” the guest greets hesitantly. feeling like an intruder of a very peaceful shift, so she wasn’t sure if it was a good evening for the nurse. 

 

“hello. how can i help you?” wendy greets politely before fixing her hair. she clicks her pen and reaches out her blue clipboard.

 

“yeah, uhm i’m really sorry to interrupt,” the guest starts shyly as she approaches wendy’s desk, “i’m joy, from the function downstairs. i just need some help about this.” she raises her left hand to show her dilemma: her ring finger with a visible mark was clearly irritated. 

 

it doesnt even take wendy a minute to assess what happened. 

 

“alright, have a seat please. you can write your name and other information here,” she happily instructs before walking to her humble hamper and fishing out a small tube of cream. 

 

joy waits patiently, putting her unaffected hand on her lap and looking around the small room. 

 

it was mostly in white, and all the pop of colors, pop of life, are sitting at the — very cute nurse’s desk. she looks at the top of the clipboard she has h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter