The First...

Mending Hearts

It had been two weeks since Taehyung's nightmare, and thing were fairly normal.

Taehyung woke up before Jungkook. He smiled at Jungkook's peaceful sleeping expression. He carefully got out of the bed and got ready to go to work. Jungkook normally slept in, and Taehyung wasnt gonna disrupt his sleep.

As he was getting dressed, his thoughts drifted... 

Jungkooks nightmares had almost completely stopped, and Taehyung was happy about it. But he also wondered if Jungkook needed him here anymore. Of course he wanted to stay..... but did Jungkook want him to?

After getting dressed, he went to wake Jungkook up. 

He sat on the edge of the bed, behind Jungkook's back. He leaned over Jungkook, his right hand placed in front of Jungkook's stomach to help hold him up.

He used his free hand to move some hair out of Jungkook's face. A small smile slipping onto his face as he moved his hand to Jungkook's shoulder, shaking it slightly.

"Kookie... Kookie wake up...." Jungkook's eyes fluttered open. He turned his head to look at Taehyung tiredly. Taehyung moved the hair back out of Jungkook's face with a soft smile on his face.

"Tae? What time is it?" Jungkook rubbed at his eyes.

"It's almost 9. I have to get to work soon. You wanna come?" Taehyung ran his hand through Jungkook's hair. Jungkook leaned into the touch, thinking.

He opened his eyes, remembering he had promised to hang out with Jimin today. Taehyung noticed the slight frown on Jungkook's face and pulled his hand away.

Jungkook pulled himself up into a sitting position. Taehyung didn't move, but he did raise an eyebrow in question. "I um... I sorta promised Jimin we would hang out today."

"Oh." There was just the slightest hint of disappointment in Taehyung's voice. But Taehyung knew he couldn't keep Jungkook from his friends so he smiled. "Have fun then, okay?"

Jungkook smiled a small smile and nodded. As Taehyung got up off of the bed, Jungkook quickly grabbed his wrist, causing Taehyung turned around.

Jungkook rubbed the back of his head. "Um... I-I was th-thinking maybe.... Um... Tomorrow we could..."

Taehyung grinned at how shy Jungkook was acting.

Jungkook, however, felt a little stupid because he was stuttering, and he had even freaking practiced asking Taehyung this question.

"We could what?" Taehyung didn't ask in a teasing maner. He just gently pushed Jungkook to continue. But Jungkook had lost his nerve. He let go of Taehyung's wrist and muttered that it was nothing.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow. Oh no, he was not going to let this one go. He sat back down on the bed. He put his hands on either side of Jungkook's waist and leaned towards Jungkook.

Jungkook couldn't help but gulp at the closeness. He knew they had been this close before and in similar positions, but this time was different. This time Jungkook's heart was racing.

Taehyung tilted his head. "What was it you wanted to do tomorrow, Kook?" Their eyes never left each other's.

Jungkook couldn't speak. Taehyung's closeness was suddenly becoming to much. But Jungkook closed his eyes, took a breath, and opened them again.

"I was hoping.... We could... Maybe... Go out or something?"

Taehyung's heart raced at the words 'go out.' He couldn't tell if Jungkook meant as in two friends.... or.... something more..... There was just something in his voice that made Taehyung question it.

Taehyung knew he was blushing, but he didn't care. He wanted... No... He needed to know how Jungkook meant it.... But.... Did he really want to hear the answer? He wasn't so sure.

"Jungkook...." He was prepared to ask, but Jungkook did something he hadn't expected.

Jungkook did something that he knew could possibly ruin their friendship... But he didn't care in that moment.

He put one hand behind Taehyung's neck and kissed him.......

The action was so quick, Taehyung barely had the chance to realize what had happened. Jungkook's lips had stayed on Taehyung's for a mere moment before pulling away.

All Taehyung could do was stare wide eyed at Jungkook. Jungkook nervously scratched the back of his head.

Taehyung slowly lifted his hands up to his lips, not even sure that it had really just happened.

"I... Oh my god. Tae, I am so sorry... I-I don't know what came over me.... I-" Jungkook's rambling apology was cut of by Taehyung. How? With a kiss of his own.

He didn't pull away as Jungkook sat stunned for a good minute. But Jungkook soon shook himself (figuratively speaking) out of his shock and began kissing Taehyung back.

They kissed lasted for several long moments. When they pulled away, they rested their forheads together, their heavy breathes intermingling.

Taehyung was the first to break the silence. "God that was.... Wow." Jungkook grinned at Taehyung's statement. A small laugh escaping his lips.

Taehyung sat up and slapped Jungkook's arm, rolling his eyes in the process. "Well, that is the last kiss you get, mister." Taehyung went to get up, but before he even had the chance, Jungkook had pulled him into his chest, arms wrapped tightly around Taehyung,not allowing him to escape. 

"No!" The cry caused Taehyung to smirk and raise an eyebrow. "I'm sorry." Jungkook burried his head in the crook of Taehyung's neck.

Taehyung smiled softly. He patted Jungkook's back. "I was just messing with you, Kookie." Jungkook pulled away and looked at Taehyung hopefully.

"Really?" Taehyung nodded with that soft smile still on his face.

Jungkook grinned and placed a quick, soft kiss on Taehyungs lips, causing Taehyung to blush.

Taehyung was going to mess with Jungkook a bit more, but he remembered the time and frowned. "Damn."

Jungkook looked at Taehyung worriedly. "What?"

Taehyung looked at Jungkook's worried face and smiled. He lifted his hand up to Jungkook's cheek. Jungkook leaned into his hand turning just enough to place a soft kiss in the palm. "I wish I could stay longer, but I gotta go to work."

Jungkook sent a pout towards Taehyung causing him to chuckle at the younger's antics. "Besides, you need to get ready to go hang out with Jimin, right?"

Jungkook sighed, not moving away from Taehyung's hand. "Yeah, I do...." Taehyung pulled his hand away and pulled himself out of Jungkook's arms to get off of the bed.

"Hey... About what just happened..."

Jungkook gulps at Taehyung's words, not knowing exactly what to expect. "Y-y-yeah?"

Taehyung leans in close, just a breath away from Jubgkook's face. "We are going to talk about it more tonight. But...." Jungkook holds his breath. The look in Taehyung's eyes freezing him in place as Taehyung leans in to whisper in his ear.

"I hope that's not the last time it happens.... Babe." Jungkook felt an involuntary shiver run down his spine at the sound of Taehyung's deep and slightly rough voice calling him 'Babe.'

Before Jungkook could even think of how to respond, Taehyung was at the door of the bedroom wishing Jungkook a good day and that he would see him that night.