Ch 1. Moving Day

Behind The Wall

It was a really sunny day when Chaejoo decided she had enough with her apartment and wanna move out to the new apartment which allowed bigger pets. There’s no way she’s gonna let her mom taking away her precious Bepo like she did three months ago. Bepo was suffered from starving in her parents’ house. That’s why she decided to take care her very very own son, Bepo, a Bichon Frise.

“Dongdongieeee~” Chaejoo’s eyes sparkling while staring at one of her bestfriend, Donghyuk. The guy only stared at her with bored eyes.

“Absolutely not. I don’t want any dog messing my place!” Donghyuk pushed her forehead from his sight.

“But.. but.. but.. Bepo is a good boy. He knows where to poop, where to pee, where to eat. He won’t bother you, I promise. Besides, it’s only for two or three days, until I’m done arranging my place.” Chaejoo shook Donghyuk’s arm again and again, before finally Seulki, her other bestfriend sighed and stared at Donghyuk.

“Donghyuk-ah.. Just do it. Aren’t you tired already listening to her pleads for two days in a row?”

Donghyuk took a deep breath before let out a deep long sigh.

“Fine.. But I won’t do it for free. You owe me, okay?” Donghyuk glared at Chaejoo, “If I need you to do something, you’ll do it. Deal?” Chaejoo looked a little worry about the condition he gave, but she didn’t want him to change his mind too, so she nodded and hugged him, “Gomawoooo, Dongdonggg”

                After coming back from work, Chaejoo took Bepo from pet shelter and brought him to Donghyuk’s house. Chaejoo was already close to his mom, so it wasn’t difficult for Donghyuk to ask for his mom permission to take care of Bepo. Even better, his mom actually liked Bepo a lot since he was calm and pure white, so beautiful. After that, Donghyuk accompanied her going back to her apartment, since Donghyuk already planned to help her moving. But when they finally made it to her new apartment, they could see two angry people in front of her door.

“YAAAH!!! What take you so long?! Chanu and I already waited for half hour.” Seulki yelled at both of them.

“Yahh.. Seulki, can you please  turn down your voice a little bit? You’re too noisy.” Donghyuk covered his ears, only making Seulki even angrier. She walked closer to Donghyuk with a very big step sound before kicking his thigh harshly. Donghyuk screamed in pain while squatting down.

“Owww… YAAAH?! Ijassik!!!”

                “Ahem..” Suddenly a voice came from behind Chaejoo, and she turned around to find a guy with mask covering his mouth and a pair of round glasses standing behind her. He cleared his throat once again. He walked passing them and stopped right in front of the door beside Chaejoo’s door. Chaejoo finally realized, he was her new neighbor but sadly she didn’t get a chance to greet him.

                One hour passed since they started unpacking things and moving them carefully. Chaejoo felt thankful for her friends help, so she ordered pizza and chicken wings.

“You guys wait here, okay? I’m gonna treat you some food and beer! I know you want it Dongieee..” Chaejoo smacked Donghyuk’s back before taking her wallet and walked out. It was still a little bit cold outside, since it was early March. Chaejoo could feel the cold stung her face and she really didn’t like it. Fortunately there’s a convenience store close to her apartment. She ran a little bit before reaching the store. She took some can of cold beers and some beef jerky. Suddenly a guy beside her who was in the same payment queue mumbled a little too loud, “Tchh.. They’ll be loud as hell.” She looked at the guy instantly, feeling judged since he was staring at her directly.

“Excuse me?” She said, trying to make sure whom the guy was talking to. That guy only gave her a cold stare before tilting his chin, giving her a code to move forward. “Please, move.” He said. Chaejoo realized it was her turn to pay her things. After that, she walked as fast as she could since the weather turned even colder. She arrived in the same time with the food delivery, so she paid for it then went inside with foods and drinks.

                “If you guys wanna have a little party, can you please don’t be too loud?” Chaejoo turned her head aside to see the source of that voice. It was the guy from convenience store. That guy passed her without any glance at her, he opened his own door before finally for the very first time gave her a look and said, “I am really tired. Please don’t be loud,” then he entered his apartment, didn’t bother to listen to Chaejoo’s answer. Chaejoo was speechless, couldn’t find any words to describe her new neighbor’s attitude. But she didn’t want to stay outside any longer so she just entered her own apartment.

“Guysss.. Here! Let’s eat!!!” Chaejoo shouted a little too loud to her friends while raising the plastic bag in her hands. Suddenly she remembered her neighbor then she shut .

“YAYYYY!!!! CHICKEN AND SOJUUU! FINALLY!” Unfortunately Donghyuk shouted out loud. BAM!!! All of them flinched because of loud bumping sound from the room next door, it sounded like someone banging something to the wall directly. Chaejoo could imagine her neighbor was angry at the moment.

“Shhhhh…” She pressed her finger to her lips, asking  Donghyuk to be quiet. “Guys, please don’t be too loud, my neighbor feels a little bit… disturbed with our loud voice. He didn’t like any noises, I think. He asked me to be quiet.”

“Oh, that guy with cold stare whom we met before? You met him again?” Seulki asked Chaejoo.

“Yeah. I think he hates me.” Chaejoo grinned awkwardly, “He has a really really scary vibes.” Chaejoo rubbed her arms, showing how uncomfortable she is with her new neighbor.

“Maybe he just tired or having a problem so he becomes like that.” Chanu shrugged before taking a chicken and ate it hungrily.

“But seriously, he is a little bit arrogant, don’t you think?” Chaejoo poured soju to her friends glass, “I wish I won’t meet him often. Beside, his looks is so creepy too. Who on earth wearing black hat, black mask, and thick glasses in the middle of the night? I don’t even see his face clearly.”

“Maybe he’s a hitman.” Seulki smirked a little bit at Chaejoo which only got replied by a doll smacking her face. “I’m just kidding.” Seulki laughed a bit, “Who knows if he is actually pretty handsome.”

“No way. Even his eyes are so intimidating. I wish we won’t meet often. I wish.” Chaejoo sighed. But some wishes can't be granted, right? :)