Ch 4. The Band

Behind The Wall

(Hey! I’m Vanillalatte12. Sorry to take your time a lil bit. It’s hard for me to maintain doing 3rd PoV. So, I’ve been re-writing my stories or should I call it editing instead? Whatever. Well, it will be 1st PoV from now on. I wish you won’t mind about it. J Sorry for making you wait a lil too long. Here we go.)

                It was a good and chill morning. The boss is in a very good mood, my works got appreciated (after all this time), everything was going well until that thin but loud voice suddenly ruined my day.

“YAH! KYUN CHAE JOO!” Donghyuk yelled a little too loud for someone who’s one feet away.

“Donghyukkieee..” I turned my body facing him with pleading eyes.

“Don’t you ‘Donghyuukiie’ me!!!” He glared at me, “You told me that Bepo will live with me for two or three days! It’s been a week!”

“Dong dongieee, I haven’t done arranging my place yet. You won’t let Bepo living in a messy place, will you? What if he suddenly eats something unpleasant in my place because my apartment is still messy? Don’t you pity on him?” I pleaded a little bit too much, I know. Donghyuk sighed before sending me a cold stare.

“I do pitying him, for having such a messy and irresponsible owner like you.”

“YAH! Don’t call me irresponsible! I do care for him a lot and responsib..ble..” that ‘irresponsible’ accusation from Donghyuk hit me hard and reminded my accusation to my own neighbor. So, this is how it feels like. No wonder he was so mad.

“Hey?! You hear me?!” Donghyuk waved his palm in front of my face, “Earth to Chaejoo! Aissh!”

“Sorry.. come again?” I grinned awkwardly, “I didn’t catch what you just said.”

“I said you have to join us to the lounge bar that we talked about few days ago. You can’t say no. You owe me a lot and you have to at least buy me a drink.” He pinched my cheek (don’t you dare to think it’s  romantic, because his pinch is real! It damn hurts!)

“Yee.. Awaseeoo (arraseoo)!!! Ouch.. ouch..” I hit his hand repeatedly.

“Ahemm..” Suddenly a voice came behind us, “So.. Bepo’s eomma and appa are having a cute little fight.” Seulki smirked at us while Chanwoo laughed.

“I rather die .” Donghyuk finally let go of my cheek and I punched him hard on arm till he hissed a bit, “You’ll join us as well after work right?” And now Donghyuk changed his interest to Seulki instead of me. I smirked a bit, finally smelled something.

“I’ll join if Chaejoo comes as well.” She smiled while walking back to her own desk.

“I’ll come!” I answered too fast. I sent Donghyuk a little smirk when he looked at me for an answer.

“Finally!!! Group outing again! It’s so awkward if I go out with Donghyuk alone without girls over and over again. I’m starting to feel depressed.” Chanwoo bluntly said. I laughed at his truthful comments.

                It was 6 pm when we’re finally done with our works and walked out from the building. Lucky us, Donghyuk drove his car to work today, so we didn’t need to walk to the bar in this cold weather. It wasn’t far from our work place and it sent a nice vibe actually. Not like a bar that full of smokers and dirty people, it was more like a bar that you like to chill out with your friends, talking about life and things.

“So.. where’s the band you guys talking about? That one?” I pointed at the band which playing an arrangement of BTS – Danger. “They aren’t bad, but aren’t great either. It might be better if the arrangement a little bit more creative since I still can feel so much BTS vibe in that arrangement. I like someone who can arrange a song till it sounds like their own song. No offense.” I commented after the band finished their song.

“Two whiskeys and two martinis, please.” Donghyuk ordered immediately to the waiter that came to us since we didn’t take the bar stools, we took a nice and comfy sofas instead.

“And a pepperoni pizza, french fries, aglio olio!” I added. All of them suddenly stared blankly at me, “What? I didn’t have time to lunch! I was finishing my assignment, duh!”

“Yeah.. sure. Whatever.” Donghyuk chuckled, “Oh hey! That’s the band!” he suddenly cheered a little while looking at the stage. I followed his eyes before suddenly got shocked.

What the ! OMG! It’s him! I put my palm to my face. Seulki was the only one who noticed my act right away so she nudged me.

“Chaejoo? What’s wrong?” She asked me curiously. I peeked a bit at the stage and saw the one I really didn’t wanna see at the moment. He was talking to his band mate before walked to the piano along with his friends taking their own instruments. One of his friends that I thought was the vocalist nodded to him, giving a clue that all of them ready to jam. His fingers started to play a melody on the piano. He closed his eyes, feeling the melody before the vocalist started to sing.

Geudae eodi issnayo
Bonaeji moshal pyeonjireul sseoyo
Honjayeossdeon naege hwicheongideon naege
Geuriumdo nangmaningeoryo

I was taken aback by the song. I’ve never heard this song before, and it was damn good. I couldn’t denied that I was amazed by their performance, their song, even the rapper of the group really caught my eyes. All of them could sing harmonically. Donghyuk pat my back while smirking at me, “They really amazing, right? They made their own songs by the way.”

When the song ended, I felt like I wanna listen more and more from them. Suddenly they started sing another song that more like Hiphop style.

I was shocked by the I-really-didn’t-wanna-see guy who finally stood up from his piano seat and took out the mic, rapping amazingly.

BLING BLING
Wanjeon meosjaengi
BLING BLING nuni busyeo
24k
BLING BLING
Wanjeon meosjaengi
BLING BLING nuni busyeo
24

My God, this guy is really my annoying neighbor?! This is why Hanbyul was proudly saying that he’s a songwriter. HE IS A REALLY AMAZING SONGWRITER! Even Donghyuk and Chanwoo couldn’t stay sit. They finally stood up as well and cheered at the band. AND THAT’S THE WORST. I could see his eyes finally looked at us and our eyes eventually met. I bit my lower lip, cursing myself and my stupid friends. I looked away immediately and gulped my martini. I peeked a bit at the band once again, my eyes set on Kim Hanbin immediately, but luckily his eyes weren’t looking at me anymore. I could see how serious he is but in the same time, he was  chill, REALLY chill. Suddenly he smiled at one of the audiences, a girl to be exact. But that smile was a sarcastic smile, more like a smirk while exposing teeth. But still.. HE SMILES! I thought he didn’t have that kind of emotion.

After the fourth song, I asked the others to go home.

“Guys, are we done here? Let’s go home, shall we?” I asked Seulki and Chanwoo since Donghyuk was still focus on the band.

“No! We have to listen till the end!” Chanwoo said, I could see his fanboy eyes sparkling. OMG.

“Seulkiyaaa~” I pleaded at Seulki, but she was still staring at the band as well. Even Seulki adored the band so much till she didn’t give any attention to me. I sighed.

“Guys! We have to follow them backstage this time! Right, Chanwoo?!” Donghyuk suddenly nudged Chanwoo with excited face. Chanwoo gave him a thumb up.

“GOOD IDEA! We have to ask if they still have another songs to surprise us! All of their songs are amazing!” I gaped my mouth couldn’t believe that Seulki agreed with the boys without asking my opinion. There’s no way I’m gonna go backstage and meet him. I’ll go home. I pat at Donghyuk’s back.

“Dongdong..I think I’ll pass. I am so sleepy and wanna go home early. You guys go ahead.”

“Chaejoo! But.. If you go home, I’ll go with you! There’s no way I can let you go home alone! Too dangerous!” Seulki offered herself to accompany me. But I could see that she actually wanted to stay. I chuckled a bit then waved my hand.

“No need. I’ll take a cab. Don’t worry.” I smiled.

“At least let me accompany you till you get a cab, Chaejoo.” Chanwoo suggested. I nodded then pat at Seulki shoulder.

“Don’t worry, Seulkiyaa.. You have to enjoy yourself here. It’s okay. After I arrive, I’ll text you, how bout that?” Seulki bit her lower lip while turned to the band then to me again.

“Promise me, you’ll text me!” I nodded at her before leaned myself in a line with Donghyuk’s ear.

“Take care of Seulki, okay?! Drive her home safely, to HER home, not yours.” I whispered. I could see his eyes bulged a bit and his ears got redder. I smirked at him before kissed Seulki’s cheek and went out with Chanwoo. So this is how it feels like playing cupid! Interesting.