Ch 2. Hanbyul

Behind The Wall

‘Clink..clink..clink’ Chaejoo stirred her black tea while scanning on her work in her laptop. She sipped the tea a little before stretching her neck and arms, feeling satisfied with her works. She shut down her laptop before biting her apple. It was a daily morning for her. Checking her works, having a light breakfast, taking a shower, putting make up and going to work. It was a usual morning, at least until she reached apartment stairs. She stopped by the stairs, seeing a little girl standing alone there wasn’t common for her. She didn’t even recognize the girl. But looking at the girl’s face, she could see how sad and confused the girl was. So, being a kind person she is, Chaejoo decided to ask if the little girl needed help.

“Hey..” She squatted down so her eyes could be in line with the girl’s, “What’s wrong? Are you lost?” Chaejoo asked with a little smile. The little girl met her eyes and shook her head slowly.

“Can I help you with something?” Chaejoo asked her again. The little girl made a really comical face, her eyes were excited but two seconds later the excitement changed into an anxious stare then changed again into confused look. Chaejoo found it interesting.

“Umm.. Can you.. accompany me to school, unnie?” The girl asked politely, “Oppa promised to send me to school today, but he’s still sleeping.. and.. I..” the girl suddenly doubting her own decision.

“Where’s your school?” Chaejoo smiled. The girl looked at her eyes then looked at her own shoes, feeling shy.

“It’s Seungseo.” The little girl finally answered after deciding to trust Chaejoo. Chaejoo thought awhile before nodded her head.

“I’ll take you to school then. Let’s go.” Chaejoo smiled while stretching her hand to the girl, waiting for the little girl taking her hand, which was finally happened after some seconds.

                “So.. you haven’t told me your name.” Chaejoo looked at the little girl while walking down the street to the bus stop.

“Hanbyul. My name is Hanbyul.” The little girl finally answered before staring at Chaejoo, “Unnie?”

“I’m Kyun Chaejoo. Just call me Chaejoo unnie.”

“I like your name.” Hanbyul smiled at her, warming her heart. Chaejoo found it cute watching Hanbyul’s smile.

“Your name even prettier, Hanbyul-aahh..” Chaejoo patted her head, “Ah.. It’s our bus.” Chaejoo pulled little Hanbyul into the bus that was about to go.

“So.. why were you alone? Even if your oppa couldn’t take you to school, you have eomma or appa, right?” Chaejoo asked curiously. But she was taken aback and regretted her question when Hanbyul shook her head.

“Appa is out of town, working for our family. Eomma is hospitalized.” Chaejoo was surprised.

“Umm.. Hanbyul-ahh.. Gwaenchana..” Chaejoo felt guilty watching Hanbyul’s sad face. “Well.. if your oppa can’t take you to school, you can ask unnie, okay?” Chaejoo smiled while rubbing Hanbyul’s hair.

“Just knock on unnie’s door. Unnie live at room number 6. Okay?” Hanbyul nodded before smiling at Chaejoo again.

“Oh.. Unnie is the new neighbor oppa talked about then.” Hanbyul grinned cheerfully.

“Huh? Wait..” Chaejoo finally realized something. Hanbyul added again, “Oppa and I live at room number 7! And he said our new neighbor is so loud, making him difficult to make him focus writing.”

DAMN. Chaejoo cursed in mind. She didn’t see it coming. Hanbyul was the cold guy’s little sister. Chaejoo sighed under her breath. After some minutes, they finally arrived. Chaejoo walked down from bus with Hanbyul grabbing her hand. Chaejoo walked her to school.

“Chaejoo unniee.. Gamsahamnida.” Hanbyul bowed down before smiling cheerfully at Chaejoo. Chaejoo chuckled a bit before pinched her cheeks, “Study hard, okay?!” Hanbyul nodded before running into school building. Chaejoo smiled a little seeing that girl finally safely went to school. “How can such a cheerful girl like that is a sister of icy guy like him? Poor little girl, having a lazy brother who’s not even bother to walk his sister to school. But what can you expect from a writer, right? What kind of writer is he? I wonder..” She sighed while thinking too much about her new mysterious neighbor before walked back to the bus stop and waited for the bus that could drive her to her work place.

                After 15 minutes, Chaejoo finally arrived at her work place, an animation studio. I didn’t take a long time to finally got a sight of her gang. Seulki was covering her ears while Chanwoo and Donghyuk singing random song in front of her. I never know those idiots can sing properly. Chaejoo reached up to them.

“Hey, guys!” Chaejoo smiled, greeting her dorky friends.

“Ah!!! Chaejoo! Perfect timing!” Chanwoo dragged her closer before looking at Donghyuk then nodded, giving a clue to Donghyuk. Donghyuk nodded, replying Chanwoo. Chaejoo couldn’t find people more stupid than them.

“1..2..3..4..” Donghyuk counted before both of them started to sing, “Neoneun nae chwiyangjeogyeok.. Nae chwiyangjeogyeok. Malhaji anhado neukkimi wa, meoributeo balkkeutkkaji da~”

Instead of annoying, Chaejoo found the song actually cute. As Donghyuk and Chanwoo kept singing, Chaejoo tapped her fingers following the tempo.

“YAAAHHHH!!! IJASSIKKKK!!! GO BACK TO WORK!” Suddenly they saw their boss stormed out from his office. Chaejoo laughed a bit seeing how shocked Donghyuk and Chanwoo were.

“It was a very very good song by the way. Who’s the real singer?” Chaejoo asked Donghyuk.

“Oh.. oh.. We don’t know.” Donghyuk grinned, “We listened to that song yesterday in a lounge bar nearby, that one near coffee shop on the corner of the street. They actually have a live band every night except Sunday. And the band is sooooo amazing. We have to go there later!”

“I think it was self-composed song. I never find it in google tho.” Chanwoo added, “Why don’t we go there tonight?”

“Sorry, guys..” Chaejoo grinned, “I can’t. I haven’t done arranging my place properly. How about tomorrow?” She smiled.

“Why don’t both of you just go together, having a date?” Seulki added which was replied by a laugh from Chaejoo.

“Why don’t we have a date instead?” Donghyuk suddenly out of nowhere teased Seulki while leaned on her desk. Chaejoo and Chanwoo only stared at Donghyuk in disbelief.

“Sounds good..” Seulki smiled at Donghyuk, “If you were Ji Chang Wook, I absolutely have been melted right now. But knowing a fool asking me on a date.. sounds good.. for a joke.”

Instead of feeling insulted, Donghyuk found the sarcasm was amusing, he chuckled immediately.

“If I were Ji Chang Wook, do you think I’m gonna ask a grump on a date?” Donghyuk threw another insult at Seulki. Seulki chuckled before looking back at her PC.

“Go back to work, Donghyuk-ah,” She smiled while focusing on her work again. Donghyuk chuckled a bit before leaving them and went back to his own desk. Meanwhile Chanwoo and Chaejoo were standing and looked at each other like a fool.

"Is it just me or there's something between both of them?"

"Definitely something between both of them."

"Do your job instead of gossiping your friends in front of their face." Seulki sighed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Whoooppp.. Hi guys.

Well, I'm new with this kind of things. But I don't really like a rush relationship, so I hope you enjoy a slow-pace story instead.

:) Sorry if I mispell or with grammar. Annyeong!