Ch 3. Kim HanBin

Behind The Wall

It was a very tiring day for Chaejoo. She got scolded by senior and many animations had to be changed so she worked twice harder than usual. She was really really exhausted, so she decided to deny Donghyuk and Seulki invitation to have a BBQ party that night. She chose to go home instead.

           Chaejoo washed her face before putting on her purifying face mask. She closed her eyes while listening to the music player from her phone and hummed along.

“God.. that voice,” Chaejoo smiled while squeezing her pillow, “Junhoe’s voice is a real talent while his face is a real gift. Aaaaa~” Chaejoo grinned crazily just like a teenage fan girl, “Beside, his songs are amazing, full of emotions. I wonder if he wrote them by himself.” She smiled again while standing up and started to finish arranging her living room. At least she was feeling better now, but the next seconds, she regretted it.

          “AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA..” A huge laugh could be heard from the apartment next door and to be honest, Chaejoo flinched a bit with that laugh. She could tell that her neighbor had so many guests right now and she didn’t like it. “Chaejoo…” She took a deep breath, “Calm down… They are boys.” She tried to calm herself. But she couldn’t hold any longer when suddenly there were a loud voice singing together, mixing with some laughs and ‘clink’ sounds.

“OKAY, THAT’S ENOUGH! They’re drunk! That guy is really useless after all. How can he get drunk with his friends while he’s living with his little cute sister?!!!” She gritted her teeth. Suddenly she found an idea. She took her phone and made a call.

“Hello… Good night, Sir. I have a problem here, can you help me? ……… Yeah, well, my neighbor is having a really loud party with his friends and I think they’re drunk while there’s this underage girl living with him…….. Yeah, I’m just afraid if something happens to his little sister, Sir, since my neighbor is so irresponsible to his own sister. Beside, you know if group of boys get drunk, they can do something inappropriate, right? Can you help me to check them out? Since I’m afraid of them. ……. Yeah, this is my address…..” Chaejoo gave her address to the police before saying her thanks. She smirked a bit before get back to her work.

          After some minutes, she finally heard a loud knock on her neighbor’s door. She tried to hold her laugh since she already knew what’s going on. She heard the police argued with her neighbor and she could imagine the police went in and checking every part of his apartment. She giggled a bit when peeking outside from her small window. She could see his friends finally left, one by one, and all of them looked a little scary actually, all hooded and had piercing on ears. Bad boys. But suddenly, she heard a familiar voice from one of them saying, “Who’s on earth accusing him like that?! How rude!”  She felt terrible listening to that comment. She tried to remember where she ever heard that voice from, but when everyone left, she shrugged and went back to her room, taking a very good rest after having a tiring day.

         Chaejoo woke up in the morning and did her usual schedule before ready to go to work on 8 o’clock. But when she went out from her apartment door, she found Hanbyul standing across her door while smiling at her.

“Unnie!” Hanbyul bowed before smiling, showing her teeth.

“Ah.. Hanbyul-ahh.. Ready going to school?” Chaejoo squatted down after locking her door. Hanbyul nodded at her.

“But today, I’m with Hanbinniieee..” She chuckled a bit. Hanbinnie? Who is it? Her oppa? Chaejoo thought. Suddenly Chaejoo’s question was answered by an appearance of a guy who’s standing beside her. She looked up to his face since she was still squatting. The guy had a brownish hair and a rounded frame glasses covering his sharp eyes. She could see his plump lips.

“Who the hell is this guy?! How can’t I recognize a cute guy like this around?!” She thought for herself before realizing that she stared at him too long, so she blinked and properly stood up. “But he’s definitely not that tall. Wait.. I.. OMG” Chaejoo suddenly realized who was the guy after seeing his eyes closer. She took a step back.

“Well.. Hi!” She grinned awkwardly, “Nice to see you again.. with no hoodie and mask covering your face.” What the , Chaejoo! What a rude greeting you throw there! She cursed herself.

“Oppa.. this is Chaejoo unnie, she’s the one I told you yesterday!” Hanbyul smiled at her brother while grabbing his hand. Hanbin looked at Chaejoo again and bowed a little.

“Thank you for taking my sister to school a few days ago. I appreciate it.”

“Oh.. Gwaenchana…” Chaejoo smiled awkwardly.

“And thank you for accusing me being irresponsible older brother. It really is amusing actually.” Chaejoo felt his sarcasm a little scary, but she acted like she knew nothing about last night.

“What do you mean?” She grinned awkwardly, but in the next seconds she looked at her watch and tried to cut their talk. “Oh, I’m late! I’m going first. Annyeong!” She walked away just like that, leaving the siblings.

         But the goddess of luck wasn’t on her side, because they met again in the bus stop, and the funny thing is, they actually took the same bus.

“God! I forgot that we actually go to the same direction.” Chaejoo bit her lips awkwardly before walked through people on bus and took a seat. Chaejoo could see Hanbyul was following her while pulling her brother. Then Hanbin asked Hanbyul to sit beside Chaejoo since it was the last seat. Hanbyul happily took a seat beside Chaejoo while Chaejoo couldn’t stop herself glancing at Hanbin every 5 seconds.

“Unnie, where are you going?” Hanbyul asked Chaejoo.

“Well, unnie have a job, Hanbyul-ah. So, unnie have to go to work every morning.”

“Oh! Oppa has a job too! And he’s so cool, you know!” Hanbyul suddenly got excited.

“Hanbyul..” Hanbin suddenly wanted to interfere but Hanbyul was too excited to even care.

“He made songs!” Hanbyul finally told Chaejoo with sparkling eyes before Hanbin could stop her. Chaejoo was a little bit surprised actually.

“Oh, really? Like what?” Chaejoo asked.

“Like..” Suddenly Hanbin put a candy into Hanbyul’s mouth and he smiled at her.

“Hanbyul-ah.. remember our promise about that?” Hanbyul’s eyes rounded then she nodded. Hanbin patted his sister’s head slowly, “Good.. Now we already arrive, let’s go!” Hanbin took Hanbyul’s hand and walked to bus door.

        Chaejoo took a deep breath after losing sight of those siblings. But it didn’t take a long time until she finally tensed again seeing the seat beside her suddenly taken again by no other than Hanbin himself. . The bus started to move again.

“Didn’t you walk Hanbyul to school? How fast!” She grinned awkwardly at him.

“She’s walking with her friends,” Hanbin finally turned his head towards her so they were facing each other, “Don’t you think you owe me an apology?” Okay! That’s it!

“I regret nothing. I won’t apologize while I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong.” Chaejoo found her courage to argue with Hanbin.

“Don’t you think you accusing me for being irresponsible is wrong?”

“No. You are irresponsible.” Hanbin was taken aback with her painful words.

“You know nothing about me.”

“At least I know how ridiculous you are, drinking with your friends and made loud voice while you’re living with your sister. Didn’t you tell me not to be loud when I was with my friends, then why don’t you take a good look on the mirror?! Your friends were louder!” Chaejoo raised her voice a bit. Hanbin gritted his teeth.

“First.. we weren’t drunk. They’re always loud, I admit it. And the second one, Hanbyul was with my aunt. So, thanks for accusing me.” Hanbin turned his head away from her, tired of debating with the girl beside him. Chaejoo was speechless, she felt a little guilt growing inside her.

“But.. you didn’t walk her to school a few days ago, you chose to sleep instead.” Chaejoo still searching for a reason to blame him despite feeling guilty.

Hanbin sighed awhile then looked at Chaejoo again, “Damn it! I was tired and I was asleep while she didn’t even try to wake me up!” He glared at Chaejoo. Chaejoo could feel herself shivering by how sharp his glare now. “Hanbyul is a kind girl.” Hanbin lowered his voice, “She always tried her best not to depend on me, she thought she will bother me if she depends on me.” Chaejoo could see him frustrating. Hanbin sighed again, “Forget it. You won’t understand by the way.” Seeing his face only made the guiltiness inside Chaejoo grew even more.

“Sorry..” She mumbled slowly, “for accusing and insulting you.” She added. Hanbin was taken aback again but he didn’t show it, instead he just nodded a little. Chaejoo looked outside after the bus stopped again.

“This is my stop. I’m going.” She said before finally stood up and walked out of the bus. Next time, I’ll make sure I’ll take a cab instead. She sighed.

 

-----------------------------------------------

Hi! :)

I'm Vannila Latte. Thanks for reading and waiting till chapter 3.

Now, they are finally have a real talk, you can see their story will grow little by little.

I hope you will enjoy the story. Take care.

Despite YG is having a real huge problem, let's keep cheering and standing for iKON, shall we? :)

Oh, I find this gif on google, and I think this is cute tho. (eventhough BI doesn't even like being called cute, but he is cute sometimes)